The end result: race relations will appear to improve, but actually get worse

I'm beginning to think it's possible that the Trump era, irony of ironies, may be a positive turning point in our race relations. And I'm dead serious.

Trumpism is so ugly and ignorant and blatant, that it may be causing us to more carefully and intelligently examine this situation in contrast, and (more importantly) discuss it more out in the open.

Who knows. That would be pretty fucking amazing. You never know!

And lest we forget: It's our freedom of freedom of speech and expression that allows Trumpsters to speak their minds and show the way like this. Dead serious!

I'm beginning to think it's possible that the Trump era, irony of ironies, may be a positive turning point in our race relations. And I'm dead serious.

Trumpism is so ugly and ignorant and blatant, that it may be causing us to more carefully and intelligently examine this situation in contrast, and (more importantly) discuss it more out in the open.

Where is all this careful and intelligent examination of the situation happening?

Would that be over by the burning police car or next to the Walmart getting looted for big screen TVs?

Where is all this careful and intelligent examination of the situation happening?

Would that be over by the burning police car or next to the Walmart getting looted for big screen TVs?
Nope! And thank you for jumping in. I know I can count on you to only see one side of the much larger and more profound issue. That's what I'm talking about.

It is one thing to get whites to SAY they understand, it is quite another to get whites to ACTUALLY understand.

And what I'm sensing from white people I know is that they see this entire incident as proof that black people are not rational actors in society and they will burn and loot their own neighborhood stores when they're angry.

Okay, buddy the white people you know are really part of the problem. The kind of people who take it up the ass from the One Percent and blame the darkies for it.

Nope! And thank you for jumping in. I know I can count on you to only see one side of the much larger and more profound issue. That's what I'm talking about.
I guess all the people getting murdered on the streets is a bit distracting to me.

I'm glad you can see a much larger and more profound issue.

It is one thing to get whites to SAY they understand, it is quite another to get whites to ACTUALLY understand.

And what I'm sensing from white people I know is that they see this entire incident as proof that black people are not rational actors in society and they will burn and loot their own neighborhood stores when they're angry.

Okay, buddy the white people you know are really part of the problem. The kind of people who take it up the ass from the One Percent and blame the darkies for it.
Wow, I guess we're all just a bunch of ignorant hicks from the sticks. Thanks for clearing that up.

Well whites will never be able to understand and thats ok. Just get the fuck out the way with your racism is all we are asking and dont tell us we are hallucinating.

You need to create an all black community, completely isolated from any and all white people. Don't even post on message boards withbwhities; we'd all be far better off

To continue the thought of my earlier response in another thread. World War One. Zimmerman before the break down of diplomacy, told the American Ambassador that the United States dare not go to war against Germany. There were a million Americans of German Descent, and he promised they would all rise up and fight for Germany. The American Diplomat was astonished when he realized that Zimmerman actually believed this nonsense. He replied that we had a Million Light poles to hang them from.

The truth was, barely a handful of those people agreed with Zimmerman.

That story sounds kind of bullshitty...

Here's the major difference. First there was pretty organized anti-German prejudice back in the day. Germans were what Mexicans are now... The whole idiocy of Prohibition was sold as an anti-German measure. "What, you mean your banning my booze, too, and not the booze of those nasty Krauts?"

In short, there wasn't a German American uprising because they kept a foot on the neck. After the war, after everyone realized that the war was beyond a stupid idea, everyone who encouraged it looked REALLY stupid, and German Americans and other immigrant groups started to realize their political power against the other white people who were all proudly wearing Klan Robes.

The other thing was Germans could REALLY assimilate easily. My own family came over here between the wars. Because no one was exactly rolling out the welcome wagon for the Germans, my Grandfather stopped calling himself "Ludwig" and started calling himself "Louis", (The name that ended up on his tombstone) and started pronouncing the family name with a soft U instead of a hard U, so it sounded less German.

I'm the only member of my family who still speaks any German, I had to make an effort to learn it, and I'm really bad at it.

Black people can't stop being black. that's the first thing a cop sees, the first thing any of us see.

The real problem is that most white folks are prejudiced in one way or the other, even liberals who consider themselves "White Allies". Nobody took this issue seriously until the riots broke out. Now that they have no choice but to address the issue. There'll be some cosmetic reforms. We'll thankfully get rid of the Race-baiter in chief.

But fixing the underlying problem, that's going to take a lot more work. ,

And lest we forget: It's our freedom of freedom of speech and expression that allows Trumpsters to speak their minds and show the way like this. Dead serious!

Let's not forget, Vichy Mac has spent years on these boards excusing white people for voting for Trump's racism because mean old Democrats were being "Politically correct".

Vichy Mac has his theories, and can adopt them to any situation... it's kind of awesome.

These riots happened not because police brutality just happened, it's been going on for years. It happened because combined with Trump's race baiting and all the economic stress of Covid-19, things finally boiled over.

Well whites will never be able to understand and thats ok. Just get the fuck out the way with your racism is all we are asking and dont tell us we are hallucinating.
Black people are hallucinating

a black criminal dies after being mistreated by a white cop

but his life was no less important than two elderly white people murdered by a black black man

yet only black people are rioting

If I am a racist it is because I MISTAKENLY believe that ALL blacks are as ROTTEN and EVIL as the blacks who cause so many problems in their neighborhoods by constantly shooting each other, selling each other drugs, abandoning their children, and rioting in the streets every time a cop kills one of them.

I KNOW of course that there are MANY blacks who are good, law-abiding citizens, but UNFORTUNATELY these good blacks share the same race as the bad blacks and SUFFER from unfortunate guilt by association.

Youre a racist dude. Own that shit.

Kind of ironic that those rioting and looting are against judging an entire group of people based on their skin color but are doing exactly the same by judging all police by the actions of the very few. They want to shut down all police departments because literally, a few(not a few hundred, but a FEW) unarmed black men/women have died at the hands of a few police in the last year. If you listen to the MSM and folks like Al Sharpton at Floyd's funeral, you would think it happens "every day in America" because that is what he said. In fact, that is a bold faced lie. Anyone, black or white, in this country is far more likely to get hit by a bus than killed by a cop, particularly if they don't attack a cop. The odds go up a bit when they rob a bank with a gun and start shooting...go figure. The media has gotten to the point where they can flat out lie and get away with it because most who watch/read don't bother to do any further research. They absorb the info and take it at face value when it feeds the ideology they so desperately want to be true.

Black ghettos are a shooting gallery, the bodies pile up so high the funeral homes are running non-stop with all the dead blacks they have to pull bullets out. But one cop kills one black and it's the fucking end of the world.

The problem is that the PROPAGANDA of the left sweeps ALL blacks into the category of VICTIM even middle-class blacks who have nothing to do with the situation in the ghettos.
No, that's not how that happens. It is the racist who initiates the propaganda while ignorantly refusing to realize that all blacks face racism.
Well, you may believe what you want, however, the rioters have thrown fuel on the fire of racism by making whites believe that blacks, when it comes down to it, can't really be trusted to act like civilized people.
Just had to chime in here--do you seriously believe that a few rioters and looters can somehow make me..a white guy..believe anything? It would seem to me that killing people, black people, on video kinda throws fuel on the fire on racism! I believe that we have a problem with police abuse of power in this country...irrespective of race..but to say that it doesn't effect the communities of color disproportionately is to ignore the evidence of our own senses.

It is clear that, for you, the racism already exists within your mind...and you just arrange events in your mind to bolster a view you already ascribe to. Pseudo-rationalism to promote racism..not a new thing at all.

PEOPLE..can't be trusted to act like civilized people. Civilization is not the norm..it is an artificial condition we impose upon ourselves. It has nothing to do with race.

Last edited:
(a) The President is not a racist. When challenged to name a single thing the President has ever said or done that disadvantages, harms, or discriminates against African Americans, Progressives stutter and stammer around for a while, then finally come up with something about housing discrimination by the Trump real estate business in New York 50 years ago, when every other real estate developer in New York was doing exactly the same thing. They can come up with NOTHING Trump has said or done in the past ten years. That "the President is a racist" has become nothing more than a vacuous, phony slogan for those who hate Our President for political reasons.

(b) The Police are not racist as a general proposition, and ALL of the statistics that are dredged up to try to prove that the System is racist are distortions of reality, ignoring the REAL, DOCUMENTED differences in BEHAVIOR between "Blacks" and the Rest of Us. The occasional death of a Black Yoot at the hands of police is counterbalanced by the occasional death of a "white" Yoot at the hands of Police...a death that is never reported outside the specific geographical area where it occurs. There is simply no actual data that supports the lie that, "Police are killing our children!"

but most importantly...

(c) Racism is NOT THE CAUSE of Black "inequality." Manifestly. It is ALL about behavior, as attested to by the fact that "white" families who live the same way as the majority of Black "families" (bastardy, school dropouts, petty criminality, substance abuse) are just as wretched as the majority of Blacks. And Blacks who play by the rules are doing fine, thank you very much.

The "point" of these demonstrations is that if Whitey would stop being racist, Blacks would achieve parity with whites. And this is nonsense, on steroids. Who among us would claim that racism is not reduced from where it was 60 years ago, when Southern governors were trying to keep "n*ggers" out of the "white" schools? And yet, statistically, Blacks are faring just as badly as they were then. Nobody is forcing Black Yoots to drop out of high school. No racist "white" person is forcing Black girls to pop out bastard kids. More importantly, NO schools are turning away fully-qualified Black students, as was the case then. Almost NO employers are discriminating against Black applicants; indeed those who are, are more than countered by employers who welcome, and would prefer, Black applicants.

De-fund the Police?

Oh, please, please, please do that RIGHT NOW. It is EXACTLY what the Black community deserves.

But as for every other non-Black neighborhood, I think we'll continue to pay their salaries. Gladly.

Sorry, but those of us working and making a good living aren't "taking it up the butt" from anybody. It is your loser, woe is me, nothing is my fault ideology that has taken hold. It can't be because YOU just aren't making it . It has to be because someone is keeping you from making it and holding you back. Too much time in the big city.

The real problem is that most white folks are prejudiced in one way or the other, even liberals who consider themselves "White Allies".

Um, isn't that racist? Are most black folks prejudiced in some way too? White Liberals are the most racist of all. They suffer from white guilt because deep down they likely harbor some racism that tweaks their conscience. I am not a racist and I do no suffer from any guilt because I have nothing to be guilty for. I know I do not discriminate based on the color of someone's skin. Just because I don't agree with the left's ideology regarding rampant, systemic racism, doesn't make me or anyone else a racist.

I already know your reply. You will say I live in a trailer in the South, have 2 teeth and am uneducated, because, well, that is the way all of us Southerners are, especially those that don't agree with the enlightened big city liberal folks.

So -- things will get worse.
Black Lives Matter has become a criminal organization that specializes in thug behavior.
Anyone who latches onto their movement is latching onto a group of racist criminals bent on destroying America.
Any celebrity that dares to say anything they don't agree with comes under attack.

Black Lies Matter doesn't give a damn for all the black folks murdered every Saturday night in Chicago and sent to the morgue full of bullet holes.

You keep firing up new threads to address issues in other threads. It is sort of wasteful to say the least.

The problem is that you can’t really dump all people into such categories. You can’t say that all Blacks feel this, or all Whites think that way. Because we do not all feel the same, or think the same.

To continue the thought of my earlier response in another thread. World War One. Zimmerman before the break down of diplomacy, told the American Ambassador that the United States dare not go to war against Germany. There were a million Americans of German Descent, and he promised they would all rise up and fight for Germany. The American Diplomat was astonished when he realized that Zimmerman actually believed this nonsense. He replied that we had a Million Light poles to hang them from.

The truth was, barely a handful of those people agreed with Zimmerman.

That has been the case through History, and to today. You look at local sports teams. Sure, most of the people are fans or supporters of the teams, yet there are always some who prefer another team. So arguing that everyone in Atlanta wants to see the Falcons win the Super Bowl, or the Braves win the World Series is false. Many would like to see another team win.

It is the same in Elections. Even the most outrageously partisan districts have people who vote against the party. It may be a D plus 29 district, but someone in there is voting for Republicans.

So arguing that Blacks do or do not support this or that is Ridiculous. Worse, it pigeonholes people into a category that is unsupportable.
..when you see these flash mobs rob and destroy [ when there are NO black deaths ] they are black and there are DOZENS of them--KIDS!!!!!
...when you see looting after natural disasters, there are DOZENS of blacks
etc
not 1 or 2 or 5
..this demonstrates that the black race does have a LARGER problem and we can say as a group, they have a larger problem
PLUS:
murder ate FOUR times the rate of whites
rape at TWICE the rate
hate crimes at TWICE the rate
graduate at lower rates
..UNDENIABLE the black race has problems and at HIGHER rates!!!!!
..I've linked all of this before with FBI/etc stats --not MSM stats

...blacks are more racist--that's their favorite pastime ..that's what we see EVERYDAY in the MSM
black:
entertainers
athletes
politicians
etc
....white this white that ...whites are EVIL--non-stop year round

Let's just face facts.

There are plenty of blacks who have made a success of their lives and live in middle-class neighborhoods and even talk like white people.

But, here's the hard part, the majority of them are in a wretched state in the ghettos and there's really not much anyone can do for them.

We are forced to spend valuable tax dollars for police to act as zookeepers in these ghetto slums, to keep the blacks from going totally ape-shit crazy, but keeping crime down to the level where only a few score blacks are murdered on a typical weekend.

We ask the police to do this impossible and thankless task and their reward for their job is to be hassled all day by people who are ungrateful for the protection they are getting.

Once in a while a cop kills a black in the line of duty and then it's off to the races while politicians and media and Hollywood stars line up to take that cop down.

The whole stupid thing is so insane and I'm not sure why anyone in his right mind would ever want to be a cop.

Forum List

Back