The economy is not booming under Biden- The S and P 500 success is carried by a few companies. Most of them are underperforming.

Not sure where you live but ground beef in my area is $5.99 on sale. Also bread prices have tripled. But I agree it's cheeper to cook at home.
$2.99 lb at Hannaford, on sale.... Just bought a bunch at sale price and put them in the chest freezer!

Special Organic ground beef is $5.99!

Though, eggs have gone up again in my region....they hit $4 a dozen! The Dollar Store has them at $3.25 to compete with Hannaford and get the business....

Maine is not a State where food is generally cheap.... It costs a lot of money to transport food all the way up here and we only have a 4 to 5 month growing season...

High home prices are not high everywhere just in larger cities, the interest rates are lower than when I bought my first house in 1986 when it was 9%.. Guess what, we lived.
It was 13.5% interest when we bought our first home as a young married couple with no credit history yet, in the 80s!

We too, survived the madness!

$2.99 lb at Hannaford, on sale.... Just bought a bunch at sale price and put them in the chest freezer!

Special Organic ground beef is $5.99!

Though, eggs have gone up again in my region....they hit $4 a dozen! The Dollar Store has them at $3.25 to compete with Hannaford and get the business....

Maine is not a State where food is generally cheap.... It costs a lot of money to transport food all the way up here and we only have a 4 to 5 month growing season...
Eggs go up in winter because chickens will stop laying due to a lack of sunlight.

/——/ Most likely. More or less depending on location and condition. You mean you don’t track your homes market value?
He said my house DOUBLED in value since Trump, just 4 years ago.

I track it, and that is simply not true, where I am at....

then again, Maine is not known to be a HOT real estate market...especially way up here where we are....

We bought the house 17 years ago, during the 2006 boom, so we bought high.... It is now, worth about double of what we paid, allegedly!

It was 13.5% interest when we bought our first home as a young married couple with no credit history yet, in the 80s!

We too, survived the madness!
/—-/ In 1978 our interest rate on our first home was 8.5%. Not as bad as yours.

He said my house DOUBLED in value since Trump, just 4 years ago.

I track it, and that is simply not true, where I am at....

then again, Maine is not known to be a HOT real estate market...especially way up here where we are....

We bought the house 17 years ago, during the 2006 boom, so we bought high.... It is now, worth about double of what we paid, allegedly!
/—-/ Go on Zillow and check comps for similar houses in your neighborhood. If it has gone up, you need to increase your homeowners insurance for replacement cost.

/—-/ In 1978 our interest rate on our first home was 8.5%. Not as bad as yours.
My second home bought in 1997 was at 8% interest, but about 5 years later we refinanced at a much lower rate....I think it was around 4%...... Then in 2006 we sold the home, made a bundle in the real estate boom in Massachusetts, and moved up here in Maine and paid cash for this home from the profit off of the last home.... We did downsize though...and bought a 3/2 & 1/2 Cape cottage much smaller than the home in Massachusetts, but enough for just the two of us....less to clean, less to heat! And no mortgage! So it has worked out, overall.

My second home bought in 1997 was at 8% interest, but about 5 years later we refinanced at a much lower rate....I think it was around 4%...... Then in 2006 we sold the home, made a bundle in the real estate boom in Massachusetts, and moved up here in Maine and paid cash for this home from the profit off of the last home.... We did downsize though...and bought a 3/2 & 1/2 Cape cottage much smaller than the home in Massachusetts, but enough for just the two of us....less to clean, less to heat! And no mortgage! So it has worked out, overall.
/—-/ Our only home was a cape. We expanded it as the family grew. When my wife passed two years ago, I downsized to a two bedroom condo on Long Island.

/—-/ Our only home was a cape. We expanded it as the family grew. When my wife passed two years ago, I downsized to a two bedroom condo on Long Island.
We want to expand, sort of....

We have a deck, but we would love to have a covered screen porch! It would add so much to our spring, summer, and fall outdoor living.... considering we live in the deep woods and have black flies that bite and an army of mosquitos at night!

We have thought about and talked about what to do when older, and downsizing to a condo, in Florida, near my sister and a small city with lots of hospitals and doctors and early bird special restaurants! That's likely our next move!

I'm sorry about losing your wife.... :(

Eggs go up in winter because chickens will stop laying due to a lack of sunlight.

They just put UV lights on them.

The strength of the economy is measured in ways other than the earnings of component companies making up the S&P. Like GDP and unemployment.
Cherry picking high housing prices due to builder discipline in not over building or even meeting current demand for new homes, and the reluctance of home owners to list their homes because so many have mortgages at rates below what is currently offered, is not convincing. It's disingenuous deceit, common among conservative cucks.

Time to tax the rich again and invest in America again duhh. Build housing again....spending half as much on infrastructure for forty years is dumb.... GOP dumb

Hello doctor frank, we are in year 12 of Obiden. Yet they don’t do what you non-stop beg for. Are your chosen ones useless? Maybe in the 2200s’ eh?

Time to tax the rich again and invest in America again duhh. Build housing again....spending half as much on infrastructure for forty years is dumb.... GOP dumb
Thinking government can provide everything we need. Dumb.
Thinking government can spend however much it wants without harming the economy. Dumb.
Thinking government can do most things better than the private sector in a free market economy. Dumb.

nobody is trying to fix prices, just to stop predatory investing. If your complaint is about housing costs, the is a big way the alleviate the situation.
I've lived a long time and the only thing predatory in a properly regulated free market economy is a government that does things badly.

Forum List

Back