The Dunk

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Whilst running on the treadmill this morning at the neighborhood sweat shop, I happened to see a portion of the ESPN morning program in which they highlighted the "Top Ten" sports events of Monday, December 30. At least eleven of the Top Ten were people dunking basketballs.

Give me a fucking break.

Dunking a basketball is a ridiculous practice that would have perfectly nauseated Doctor Naismith, and it has nothing to do with the game. It requires no skill whatsoever and 9 times out of 10 is merely a way for the player to showcase himself to the viewing audience.

Most of these clowns are so tall and have such long arms that they can either practically or actually touch the rim of the basket without even jumping.

Really, what is the big deal? Give me a 7-foot basket and I'll dunk the shit out of it. So what?

Basketball, more than any other sport, rewards genetic mutants by giving them absurd advantages when playing non-mutants, and the pervasiveness of the LOOK-AT-ME-MOM(!) dunk is one of the most nauseating developments of recent years.

One of the very, very, very few rational things the NCAA ever did was when they outlawed dunks when Lew Alcindor came of age. Their motivation was perverse, but it was a good idea.

Basketball has the potential to be a beautiful sport, and it still is in high school competition. But dunking mania has ruined college and pro basketball. They should raise the basket to 12 ft.

Forum List

Back