The dude Lia Thomas wins women's NCAA swimming title

To the American left, I just want to say you are disgraceful.

Lia Thomas Wins an N.C.A.A. Swimming Title​

With her victory in Atlanta, Thomas, who competes for the University of Pennsylvania, became the first openly transgender woman to win an N.C.A.A. swimming championship.

/------/ Where are all the Feminists in NOW and Code Pink? Why aren't they wearing those vagina hats and protesting? Why don't the other female competitors boycott the matches?

Never said anything of the sort...

Just because I won't do something doesn't mean that I'm fine with it being done by professionals.
/-----/ "Now Offering Cult Deprogramming Services for Branch Trumpidians... "
JoeB131's Deprogramming Services in action:
1648233980979.png

/------/ Where are all the Feminists in NOW and Code Pink? Why aren't they wearing those vagina hats and protesting? Why don't the other female competitors boycott the matches?

Why should they?

There are issues women should be worried about- their right to choose, their right to be free of sexual harassment in the workplace, getting paid equal pay for equal work.

Not winning a little plastic trophy just isn't that high on the agenda.

Yet you don't want professional cops to do things you can't do. How's that work?
I am all for cops doing their jobs.

Their jobs do not involve violating the civil rights of black people.

Why should they?

There are issues women should be worried about- their right to choose, their right to be free of sexual harassment in the workplace, getting paid equal pay for equal work.

Not winning a little plastic trophy just isn't that high on the agenda.

I am all for cops doing their jobs.

Their jobs do not involve violating the civil rights of black people.
But they're professionals, which is the standard, isn't it? And, to put it in terms you might understand, their jobs don't involve operating on minor girls without their parent's knowledge and permission. After all, who's then responsible for the aftermath? I don't see a bunch of strangers lining up to take care of little Suzy when she's bleeding and can't go to class for a few days or severely depressed after realizing she killed her baby. Naw, that's all dumped on Mom and Dad, who had no idea it was coming.

Last edited:
But they're professionals, which is the standard, isn't it? And, to put it in terms you might understand, their jobs don't involve operating on minor girls without their parent's knowledge and permission. After all, who's then responsible for the aftermath? I don't see a bunch of strangers lining up to take care of little Suzy when she's bleeding and can't go to class for a few days or severely depressed after realizing she killed her baby. Naw, that's all dumped on Mom and Dad, who had no idea it was coming.

You do realize that abortion is an incredibly safe procedure these days. Safer than actually having a baby (although that is also pretty safe now.)

As long as we are painting lurid scenarios, what about the redneck who knocks up his own daughter? You think he should have a say if whether she keeps an unwanted pregnancy?

Again, when you twits on the rights stop trying to cut welfare to give tax cuts to rich people, you can get back to me about the "babies" you don't care about five seconds after their umbilical chords are cut.

You do realize that abortion is an incredibly safe procedure these days. Safer than actually having a baby (although that is also pretty safe now.)

As long as we are painting lurid scenarios, what about the redneck who knocks up his own daughter? You think he should have a say if whether she keeps an unwanted pregnancy?

Again, when you twits on the rights stop trying to cut welfare to give tax cuts to rich people, you can get back to me about the "babies" you don't care about five seconds after their umbilical chords are cut.
1. You don't care about redneck girls, so why do you bring them up? You hold them in contempt.
2. While the medical portion of carving up a minor girl has become a lot safer, very little has been done to help the girls deal with the emotional and mental impact of what they've done, and I don't see you being willing to lift a finger. Maybe that's because you just don't like girls and women all that much unless they toe your political line. Again, all that's just dumped on Mom and Dad who don't know what's been done to their daughter to cause her to act that way.

1. You don't care about redneck girls, so why do you bring them up? You hold them in contempt.
Just because I hold people in contempt doesn't mean I want to see them mistreated.

2. While the medical portion of carving up a minor girl has become a lot safer, very little has been done to help the girls deal with the emotional and mental impact of what they've done, and I don't see you being willing to lift a finger. Maybe that's because you just don't like girls and women all that much unless they toe your political line. Again, all that's just dumped on Mom and Dad who don't know what's been done to their daughter to cause her to act that way.
Again, repeating propaganda about women "regretting" their abortions has very little credibility with me.

Five years after having an abortion, over 95 percent of the women in a landmark UC San Francisco study said it was the right decision for them.

The findings, published Sunday, Jan. 12, 2020, in Social Science & Medicine, come as many states are requiring waiting periods and counseling for women seeking abortions, based on the assumption that they may regret having them.

But the researchers at UCSF’s Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health (ANSIRH) found no evidence that women began to regret their decisions as years passed. On the contrary, the women reported that both their positive and negative feelings about the abortion diminished over time. At five years, the overwhelming majority (84 percent) had either positive feelings, or none at all.

1648237383027.png

Just because I hold people in contempt doesn't mean I want to see them mistreated.
Then you shouldn't want the minor girls operated on without their parents' knowledge and consent.
Again, repeating propaganda about women "regretting" their abortions has very little credibility with me.

Five years after having an abortion, over 95 percent of the women in a landmark UC San Francisco study said it was the right decision for them.

The findings, published Sunday, Jan. 12, 2020, in Social Science & Medicine, come as many states are requiring waiting periods and counseling for women seeking abortions, based on the assumption that they may regret having them.

But the researchers at UCSF’s Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health (ANSIRH) found no evidence that women began to regret their decisions as years passed. On the contrary, the women reported that both their positive and negative feelings about the abortion diminished over time. At five years, the overwhelming majority (84 percent) had either positive feelings, or none at all.

View attachment 621091
I don't find your source to be unbiased, and your "study" doesn't deal with the short to mid-term results of abortion on minor girls and what their parents have to deal with. So keep trying.

Then you shouldn't want the minor girls operated on without their parents' knowledge and consent.
Except there's no evidence that getting an abortion is a bad thing.

I don't find your source to be unbiased, and your "study" doesn't deal with the short to mid-term results of abortion on minor girls and what their parents have to deal with. So keep trying.

Again, the only women who regret their abortions are the sad-sacks who hang out with Christian nutters

Here's the thing. What's the alternative to getting a simple outpatient medical procedure?

The worst thing that can happen to a teen girl is to get pregnant. Forget college, forget a career, forget financial independence. Teen pregnancy is a road to ruin.

Now, the IDEAL thing is to avoid teen pregnancy by encouraging sex education and contraception.

Except there's no evidence that getting an abortion is a bad thing.
And there you go, claiming you know how a teenaged girl feels and thinks after being taken from her parents' protection and having a stranger perform surgery on her, then dump her back on her parents' doorstep. How 1950's of you.
Again, the only women who regret their abortions are the sad-sacks who hang out with Christian nutters

Here's the thing. What's the alternative to getting a simple outpatient medical procedure?

The worst thing that can happen to a teen girl is to get pregnant. Forget college, forget a career, forget financial independence. Teen pregnancy is a road to ruin.

Now, the IDEAL thing is to avoid teen pregnancy by encouraging sex education and contraception.
You keep wandering off into talking about adult women, as if that matters to this. We're talking about performing surgery on a minor girl without her parents' knowledge or consent, something you seem to be unable to remember.

And there you go, claiming you know how a teenaged girl feels and thinks after being taken from her parents' protection and having a stranger perform surgery on her, then dump her back on her parents' doorstep. How 1950's of you.

Naw, man, in the 1950's, that girl would have gotten an abortion from a back-alley provider. Instead, she gets one from a professional, which is much better.

You keep wandering off into talking about adult women, as if that matters to this. We're talking about performing surgery on a minor girl without her parents' knowledge or consent, something you seem to be unable to remember.

if she was adult enough to have sex, she's adult enough to get an abortion. Mind your own fucking business.

Naw, man, in the 1950's, that girl would have gotten an abortion from a back-alley provider. Instead, she gets one from a professional, which is much better.
If her parents are involved and prepared to help her through the aftermath. If they're not, we have a situation where a stranger cut open their daughter and dumped her back on their doorstep without so much as a "screw you" to the parents.
if she was adult enough to have sex, she's adult enough to get an abortion. Mind your own fucking business.
Remember, we're talking about ON HER OWN, without her parents' knowledge or permission. Let's posit a 14-year-old girl, old enough to be fertile and to be a target for horny boys, yet still living at home. The following is without her parents' knowledge or permission. In the context of her being adult enough to make permanent, life altering decisions that affect her and her family, how does it play out in the real world?

If she was adult enough to have sex, she was adult enough to get a tattoo. Oops, not really. If she was adult enough to have sex, she was adult enough to buy alcohol and drink herself into oblivion. Oops, not really. If she was adult enough to have sex, she was adult enough to enlist in the armed forces and get shot it. Oops, not really. If she was adult enough to have sex, she was old enough to get married to a wealthy 45-year-old man. Oops, not really. If she was adult enough to have sex, she was adult enough to purchase or rent a home and work a job to pay for it. Oops, not really.

See how that works? You want a 14-year-old girl to have the emotional and mental maturity to make permanent, life-altering decisions about herself without any input from her parents, but don't blink an eye when society says, "Nah, she's not old enough to make these decisions on her own" about a whole myriad of things. You care only as far as making sure she gets rid of the baby, then just dump her back on Mom and Dad because they have to take care of her.

If her parents are involved and prepared to help her through the aftermath. If they're not, we have a situation where a stranger cut open their daughter and dumped her back on their doorstep without so much as a "screw you" to the parents.

Cut open their daughter? You really don't know how abortions are performed, do you?

Remember, we're talking about ON HER OWN, without her parents' knowledge or permission. Let's posit a 14-year-old girl, old enough to be fertile and to be a target for horny boys, yet still living at home. The following is without her parents' knowledge or permission. In the context of her being adult enough to make permanent, life altering decisions that affect her and her family, how does it play out in the real world?

Works on the assumption an abortion is a life-altering decision. You know, as opposed to just a form of contraception.

And you don't think that there are teens getting tats and body piercings in places their parents can't see them?

Works on the assumption an abortion is a life-altering decision. You know, as opposed to just a form of contraception.
It is. The fact that you think it's just a form of contraception tells me again that you don't like women very much and have no clue what they go through when someone takes a baby out of them and kills him/her.
And you don't think that there are teens getting tats and body piercings in places their parents can't see them?
Irrelevant. Do you not think there are teens murdering people? Both are against the law, both are done. Again, irrelevant.

Forum List

Back