The Democrat March Toward Future Unemployment

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Democrat polices are wrong, shortsighted and destructive.

As I will prove.....

1. They elected and untried, inexperienced ideologue who instituted every permutation of said endeavors......with this effect:

a. "... in today’s recovery — the slowest in the modern era going back to 1947 — private capital investment has lagged badly. ... so has the jobs situation, with 92 million dropping out of the workforce altogether. A labor-participation rate of 62.8% and an employment-to-population rate of 58% are historic lows indicative of the anemic jobs recovery. "Big Business Swings Behind a Mantra of Growth - The New York Sun

b. Obama is the first President never to have had a year of 3% or better economic growth: "... annual growth during Obama’s “recovery” has never topped 3%. By comparison, it never fell below 3% during the Reagan recovery. And in the nine years following the 1990-91 recession, GDP grew faster than 3% in all but two. Heck, even Jimmy Carter had some strong growth years." President Obama's Growth Gap Hits $1.31 Trillion | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

"The years since 2007 have been a macroeconomic disaster for the United States of a magnitude unprecedented since the Great Depression." Obama: Always Wrong, Never In Doubt

".... first president since Hoover to never have a single year above 3% GDP growth." Obama economy is 'amazing,' says hedge fund billionaire

2. As the saying goes, all politics is local. The following from my local Brooklyn paper, foresadowing the result of Democrat economic policies:

"Gravesend staple the Del Rio Diner will serve its last meal on July 24 after 40 years, and industry insiders say the iconic eatery’s closure is just an appetizer, because Brooklyn’s 24-hour mom-and-pop eateries are toast in the wake of the minimum wage hike Gov. Cuomo signed in April.

“The minimum wage, that’s what broke the camel’s back. It killed us,” said Del Rio co-owner Larry Georgeton. “The only way to compensate is you gotta hammer the menu — raise it 25 percent every year. If I was somewhere in Park Avenue Manhattan, people will pay $20 for a burger — this is Bensonhurst–Gravesend, this is working people, this is the real America, and I can’t do it to them.”

3. And Georgeton is not the only one hurting, an expert said.

“Very soon, all the Brooklyn diners will be gone. It’s the minimum wage, the Health Department, water bills,” said John Gavallas, a food distributor whose clients include the Del Rio, the Vegas in Dyker Heights, the Mirage in Midwood, and the Floridian in Marine Park.

4. The wage hike, .... is just the icing on top —[Democrat] lawmakers have been serving up onerous regulations for at least a decade, the insiders said. .....— inspections are a necessity, but under Bloomberg’s reign, they went sour and turned into a revenue-generator for the city, Gavallas said.

.....examinations are more stringent than the military’s.

“I used to be in the airforce — those inspections were easier,” said Georgeton, whose Del Rio got an A rating in June.

5. Diners are now a losing proposition, and Brooklyn’s are sure to go the way of Sheepshead Bay’s El Greco, which made way for condos in 2014 after operating for 40 years, he said."
Dine and dashed: Brooklyn’s 24-hour greasy spoons are toast, insiders say

Foresight is not a part of Democrat/Liberal economic policy....nor, if one were to judge by the unmatched list of Obama failures....

....any of their policies at all.

"Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"

1. "Dunkin’ Donuts announces shutdown of 100 stores citing fear of ‘outrageous’ minimum wage hikes"
Dunkin’ Donuts announces shutdown of 100 stores citing fear of 'outrageous' minimum wage hikes

2. "Researchers at UC-San Diego recently released a new study through the National Bureau of Economics Research. They tracked workers for two years after the 2009 federal minimum wage hike. So how did it affect low-wage workers? Their pay dropped. While some indeed saw a pay increase, over a million more either lost or couldn’t find jobs at the new rates. In total the average earnings of low-wage workers dropped by $150 a month.

The true minimum wage remains $0.00 an hour. Employers will not pay workers more than their productivity justifies. Trying to force employers to pay more will destroy jobs and hurt the very workers president Obama intends to help.
"
Fact Checking Obama's Jobs Claims in State of the Union

Pleeeezzzz do your best to stop being so stupid.

Listen I am not an economist... Never claimed to be one... But at 3.% GDP one might think there is not much room for growth in wages...
Not when CEO pay has increased to 246% above the average worker...The profit does not trickle down it's trickling up....

Democrat polices are wrong, shortsighted and destructive.

As I will prove.....

1. They elected and untried, inexperienced ideologue who instituted every permutation of said endeavors......with this effect:

a. "... in today’s recovery — the slowest in the modern era going back to 1947 — private capital investment has lagged badly. ... so has the jobs situation, with 92 million dropping out of the workforce altogether. A labor-participation rate of 62.8% and an employment-to-population rate of 58% are historic lows indicative of the anemic jobs recovery. "Big Business Swings Behind a Mantra of Growth - The New York Sun

b. Obama is the first President never to have had a year of 3% or better economic growth: "... annual growth during Obama’s “recovery” has never topped 3%. By comparison, it never fell below 3% during the Reagan recovery. And in the nine years following the 1990-91 recession, GDP grew faster than 3% in all but two. Heck, even Jimmy Carter had some strong growth years." President Obama's Growth Gap Hits $1.31 Trillion | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

"The years since 2007 have been a macroeconomic disaster for the United States of a magnitude unprecedented since the Great Depression." Obama: Always Wrong, Never In Doubt

".... first president since Hoover to never have a single year above 3% GDP growth." Obama economy is 'amazing,' says hedge fund billionaire

2. As the saying goes, all politics is local. The following from my local Brooklyn paper, foresadowing the result of Democrat economic policies:

"Gravesend staple the Del Rio Diner will serve its last meal on July 24 after 40 years, and industry insiders say the iconic eatery’s closure is just an appetizer, because Brooklyn’s 24-hour mom-and-pop eateries are toast in the wake of the minimum wage hike Gov. Cuomo signed in April.

“The minimum wage, that’s what broke the camel’s back. It killed us,” said Del Rio co-owner Larry Georgeton. “The only way to compensate is you gotta hammer the menu — raise it 25 percent every year. If I was somewhere in Park Avenue Manhattan, people will pay $20 for a burger — this is Bensonhurst–Gravesend, this is working people, this is the real America, and I can’t do it to them.”

3. And Georgeton is not the only one hurting, an expert said.

“Very soon, all the Brooklyn diners will be gone. It’s the minimum wage, the Health Department, water bills,” said John Gavallas, a food distributor whose clients include the Del Rio, the Vegas in Dyker Heights, the Mirage in Midwood, and the Floridian in Marine Park.

4. The wage hike, .... is just the icing on top —[Democrat] lawmakers have been serving up onerous regulations for at least a decade, the insiders said. .....— inspections are a necessity, but under Bloomberg’s reign, they went sour and turned into a revenue-generator for the city, Gavallas said.

.....examinations are more stringent than the military’s.

“I used to be in the airforce — those inspections were easier,” said Georgeton, whose Del Rio got an A rating in June.

5. Diners are now a losing proposition, and Brooklyn’s are sure to go the way of Sheepshead Bay’s El Greco, which made way for condos in 2014 after operating for 40 years, he said."
Dine and dashed: Brooklyn’s 24-hour greasy spoons are toast, insiders say

Foresight is not a part of Democrat/Liberal economic policy....nor, if one were to judge by the unmatched list of Obama failures....

....any of their policies at all.

Gee, it appears the march is going in the right direction under Obama:

4A07856B-F880-4EC3-9764-B7DAA16D9484_w640_r1_s.png

Before the internet age, this OP would cut articles out of The New American, paste it onto stationary, and mail it to her local newspaper's Letters to the Editor.

You might as well use a gun if the Government sets a wage...

Let the free market establish wages...

In the early '70's Nixon signed wage and price controls. A pragmatic effort to control Stagflation.

If you are a Vietnam Vet, we are of the same age, and you must recall the consequences which occurred before government intervention. Of course we've never had an entirely free market system, and never will. The free market is a fantasy, for without regulations and regulators, crime, greed and self interest will take free out of the calculus.

Not when CEO pay has increased to 246% above the average worker...The profit does not trickle down it's trickling up....

Quit crying... Dress for the job you want... Not the job you have then... You might make big dollars one day also...

In most cases I don't think Moonglow would look his best in a dress. But who knows, let's ask him.

It is, that's why they are so low..

You may apply post #5 to yourself, as well.
I don't have to, I actually work in the real world, you, not so much....

Shoeing horses is not considered 'working in the real world.'

Listen I am not an economist... Never claimed to be one... But at 3.% GDP one might think there is not much room for growth in wages...

Why would it be your business what anyone else earns?

It is, that's why they are so low..

You may apply post #5 to yourself, as well.
I don't have to, I actually work in the real world, you, not so much....

Shoeing horses is not considered 'working in the real world.'
It is when they are designer shoes...

The Democrats' goal is to eliminate unemployment by destroying employment.

Forum List

Back