The Democrat Cancel Culture Warriors Strike Again.

It's beyond time for Democrats to just admit to their authoritarian proclivities. Rank and file Democrats no longer value freedom and truth. Disinformation and furthering the narrative has supplanted their individuality and their ability to reason. Very sad.
Weinstein was a Bernie Sanders supporter who described his politics as unabashedly liberal, even leftist. Like many, he’d grown up steeped in the imagery of sixties protest culture, probably imagined himself on its side, and therefore thought he could find solidarity with protesters. He didn’t realize was that he was the canary in a coal mine for a new movement that understood free speech as a stalking horse for the exercise of institutional power. When Weinstein opened his mouth to defend himself, what the crowd heard was him attempting to exercise authority, and they exercised theirs back.

Why would the left "cancel" a leftie? Or, is anything of the sort viewed as a left-wing cancel culture instead of right-wing cancel culture?
The left didn't cancel a leftie.

Democrats, who DESPISE the left, canceled a leftie.

It's beyond time for Democrats to just admit to their authoritarian proclivities. Rank and file Democrats no longer value freedom and truth. Disinformation and furthering the narrative has supplanted their individuality and their ability to reason. Very sad.
Weinstein was a Bernie Sanders supporter who described his politics as unabashedly liberal, even leftist. Like many, he’d grown up steeped in the imagery of sixties protest culture, probably imagined himself on its side, and therefore thought he could find solidarity with protesters. He didn’t realize was that he was the canary in a coal mine for a new movement that understood free speech as a stalking horse for the exercise of institutional power. When Weinstein opened his mouth to defend himself, what the crowd heard was him attempting to exercise authority, and they exercised theirs back.

Why would the left "cancel" a leftie? Or, is anything of the sort viewed as a left-wing cancel culture instead of right-wing cancel culture?
The left will cancel a leftie any time they have the audacity to question the narrative. It seems to de true that the left values diversity UNLESS it's diversity of thought.
Nope.

While there's plenty of leftist in-fighting, this is liberal Democrats canceling the left.

Yet again.

Democrats DESPISE the left more than Hitler did.

What is gained by shutting down Brett Weinstein, someone I often disagree with but appreciate
his bulldog tenacity sticking to his vision of the truth?

Why is it that now silencing someone you dislike is the first option that occurs to so many?
It seems like witch hunting is back in fashion after a few decades of hippie peace and love
do your own thing-ism.
Yup. :(

I wonder if it's occurred to anyone...that the real cancel culture is being conducted by those inacting laws to inhibit voting...curtail free speech by allowing people to run down protesters...limiting the rights of protesters...attempting to force private entities to host certain viewpoints, unrestricted....

Why do you believe that?

And people wonder why the "democrats" have been re-labeled as the "Fascist Left"...
I wonder, and even started a thread about this.

Democrats are definitely behaving like fascists, but in this instance they once AGAIN censored the left.

Democrats DESPISE the left more than they despise conservatives.

Why do you believe that?
Because it's true.

Read the OP for more info. in this particular case.

According to David Horowitz, every high profile conservative speaker (male and female) has been a victim of assault on a college campus. Left wingers are treated with respect no matter how outrageous their subjects.
As the OP demonstrates, Democrats hate the left as much as or more than they hate conservatives.

Democrats despise anything which challenges their insane fascist narratives.

Why do you believe that?
Because it's true.

Read the OP for more info. in this particular case.
Right wingers are worse; those on the right on this very board prove it everyday. Unlike the democrats on this board.

Weinstein literally had a guy on his show that was pretending to be the inventor of the vaccine because he studied RNA in grad school. And they are going around saying the vaccine is dangerous in the middle of a pandemic when we are trying to save lives and get back to normal. That’s a big, “Fuck that guy!”
Pretending to be the inventor of the vaccine? I didn't see anywhere where the inventor of mRNA technology took credit for inventing the Covid19 vaccine. I really wish that liberals could just simply be honest. Why must liberals always malign people's character when they disagree with someone's message?

Oh, thank god for a second I thought the Dixie Chicks were in trouble again.

I never agreed with the treatment of the Dixie Chicks, but that is a rare, isolated case, it's not a rampant and broadly accepted GroupThink by an entire segment of your population.

Everyone knows what is going on, we all see it, it seems not everyone understands the long term consequences. Look at Canada, an economy in taters and a nation that loses it's best talent.
Oh, thank god for a second I thought the Dixie Chicks were in trouble again.

I never agreed with the treatment of the Dixie Chicks, but that is a rare, isolated case, it's not a rampant and broadly accepted GroupThink by an entire segment of your population.

Everyone knows what is going on, we all see it, it seems not everyone understands the long term consequences. Look at Canada, an economy in taters and a nation that loses it's best talent.
I don't see the the situation with the Dixie Chicks as being quite the same as what we're seeing now. Fans were outraged and boycotted their music but no one demanded that their record label drop them. Radio stations didn't ban their songs. Producers didn't blacklist them. What we're seeing with Weinstein is different. Weinstein isn't being rude, obnoxious or dishonest. He's simply, as a scientist, discussing relevant science topics that raise questions uncomfortable to the Democrat narrative.
The Dixie Chicks were barred from the radio waves by large radio stations because they insulted the president

There is also
Colin Kaepernick
Liz Cheney
Coke
Disney
Mr. Potatohead
CNN
NASCAR
NFL
NBA
Any celebrity who doesn't like Trump

The problem with boycotts and cancel culture from the right is that there usually just isn't that many of you to make a difference. Where as Matt Lauer, fuck that guy, it makes sense he was fired.
There is a huge difference between having pissed off consumers boycotting individuals for their perceived transgressions and having big tech companies collude with political parties to silence voices they don't want heard. Read the article.

Twitter has a right to remove anyone who breaks their TOS. Just like the country radio stations deplatformed the Dixie Chicks. Or the NFL collectively kicked Kaepernick out of the NFL.

What gives Twitter those "Rights" ?

Is it the same thing that gives Gun Owners their right to bear arms that your cult is vigorously fighting to revoke ?

Yes....hypocrisy is strong with you.

Weinstein literally had a guy on his show that was pretending to be the inventor of the vaccine because he studied RNA in grad school. And they are going around saying the vaccine is dangerous in the middle of a pandemic when we are trying to save lives and get back to normal. That’s a big, “Fuck that guy!”
Pretending to be the inventor of the vaccine? I didn't see anywhere where the inventor of mRNA technology took credit for inventing the Covid19 vaccine. I really wish that liberals could just simply be honest. Why must liberals always malign people's character when they disagree with someone's message?

Because they are as insane as they are evil ?
Souless, Godless heathens who's only joy is bringing despair to others.

I wonder if it's occurred to anyone...that the real cancel culture is being conducted by those inacting laws to inhibit voting...curtail free speech by allowing people to run down protesters...limiting the rights of protesters...attempting to force private entities to host certain viewpoints, unrestricted....
No one is enacting laws to inhibit voting. They are enacting laws to keep liberals from cheating. The rights of protesters end when they infringe upon other people's rights. I agree, private entities should not be forced to host or support viewpoints they don't agree with. For example, I don't believe a baker should be forced to make a cake celebrating a transgender reveal. However, if private business partner with the federal, state or local governments to push a certain viewpoint and to block another, it is no longer a private matter.

There’s no such thing as ‘cancel culture’ – ‘Democrat’ or otherwise.

There’s no such thing as ‘cancel culture’ – ‘Democrat’ or otherwise.
Because you say so?

Weinstein isn't being rude, obnoxious or dishonest. He's simply, as a scientist, discussing relevant science topics that raise questions uncomfortable to the Democrat narrative.

He does have a Jewish surname. We can't allow people like that to speak their mind, can we?

Forum List

Back