The Definitive Critical Race Theory Thread

>Systemic and institutionalized racism has been proven over and over and over. That's what CRT does.

That's a logical fallacy. CRT is a "theory;" it doesn't prove squat. It propels a racist narrative.

I'm OK with about 5 minutes discussion that racism still exists and that we're not perfect as a nation in an all day class about the great things that our nation has done that no nation in the world has done for accepting all people of all races and religions.

Yet, when you ask for any laws, or examples of racism, the best they can come up with is unequal distribution in various areas.

Here is a typical Biden voter showing his belief in identical group-abilities and aims:

“White Privilege is evident in the distribution of wealth and power in America, historically-based and perpetuated via laws, educational advantages, inherited wealth, Good Ol' Boy networks, racial prejudices, etc., but some Whites are disgruntled because they do not believe they share in it.” The Myth Of White Privilege post #77

And, of course, there are no such laws in America.

Again: It is based on the premise that all groups are equal in the ways that shape economic, social, and political outcomes for groups and that therefore all differences in group outcomes are artificial and indefensible. That premise is factually wrong.

"If there were a contest for the most stupid idea in politics, my choice would be the assumption that people would be evenly or randomly distributed in incomes, institutions, occupations or awards, in the absence of somebody doing somebody wrong."
Thomas Sowell - The Dumbest Idea

“systemic racism” and “institutional racism” are anti-American myths spread by oppression-model dogmatists. Ever since the ascendance of Bernie Sanders, the platforms of the Democrat Party have been shaped by these myths. Thus the 2016 platform regards social and economic disparities as prima facie evidence of racial or gender oppression and attributes such disparities not to individual decisions, capabilities, and performances, but to unidentified “policies” which, if they actually existed, would be illegal. Thomas Sowell, Discrimination and Disparities

>Systemic and institutionalized racism has been proven over and over and over. That's what CRT does.

That's a logical fallacy. CRT is a "theory;" it doesn't prove squat. It propels a racist narrative.

I'm OK with about 5 minutes discussion that racism still exists and that we're not perfect as a nation in an all day class about the great things that our nation has done that no nation in the world has done for accepting all people of all races and religions.
Leaving out atheists is classist.

1626088954190.png

One school district in Washington State has a reasonable handle on the issue;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chehalis School Board Equity Statement

The central purpose and goal of the Chehalis School District is to build a sound educational foundation for each student, enabling them to become responsible citizens. Success in building that foundation means allowing every graduate of this district the freedom and ability to choose to earn a credential beyond high school, providing them real choices in pursuing college and career. Providing each student this educational foundation is key toward equality of opportunity for every Chehalis student.

Our school district is not a political or partisan organization. The district does not push any ideology. It does not endorse curriculum where students are taught what to think. The District fosters teaching and learning, K-12, that helps students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills which they can apply to life’s challenges. These skills will enable them the freedom to chart the most productive course for their own life. That said, the District will enforce enacted Washington State and US federal laws as pertain to education and school districts.

The Chehalis School District believes that the American Dream of greater opportunity for all our students is real for our graduates, as is evidenced by the diverse backgrounds of so many of our alumni.

It is acknowledged that all the young people in the Chehalis School District do not start at an equitable jumping off point. To address this gap, the District provides each student the support and assistance needed as individuals to be ready to graduate career and college ready. One goal of the school district is to help each student tap and develop their individual potential.

Further, it is acknowledged there is evidence of systematic wrong doing, intentional or unintentional where the United States has failed to live up to the ideals of the Nation’s founding. Understanding and learning from these failures is a necessary part of a quality education. We will not teach Chehalis students that people, due to their race or background are inherently good or bad, guilty or innocent, more or less capable than others. The United States is the most diverse country on earth, providing students the opportunity for significant understanding and growth.

Equality of opportunity through an excellent education for every young person in the Chehalis School District, empowering them with the choice of college and/or career, is the central purpose and desired goal.

>Try giving a link if you’re pretending to give a real life example.

Fantstic, thank you. How does this prove there is no systemic and institutionalized racism in education and the justice system as CRT theorizes (with evidence-based support)?
>How does this prove there is no systemic and institutionalized racism in education and the justice system as CRT theorizes (with evidence-based support)?

You can't prove a negative, silly. It's like saying, "prove there are no aliens" or "prove there is no God."

The burden of proof is on those who make the claim of systemic racism.

In this example, we're looking at an aptitude test. Tests like this are not racist; everyone, regardless of ethnicity, have an equal opportunity to pass or fail.

Dems have controlled, for decades, the government of most of the largest cities, public education, many US government departments, Hollywood, most major media outlets, universities, etc., and now big tech.

If there is systemic racism, whose fault is it?

The Dems are also the party of slavery, the party of the KKK, the party of Jim Crow laws, the party of Affirmative Action , the party of Planned Parenthood, the latter two still being very relevant today.
Systemic and institutionalized racism has been proven over and over and over. That's what CRT does.

Yes, Democrats have the Dixiecrats in their HISTORY, as in the past. Where did the racists go when Democrats told them they weren't welcomed in the party anymore? Who has embraced them with open arms and appealed to their racism? (I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count :lol:)

The "fallacy" is this preposterous narrative that if one can point to the congenital and systematic racism in America that LARGE members of the population have perpetuated for generations, that person is a "racists".

:icon_rolleyes: GMAFB!

Yet, when you ask for any laws, or examples of racism, the best they can come up with is unequal distribution in various areas.

Here is a typical Biden voter showing his belief in identical group-abilities and aims:

“White Privilege is evident in the distribution of wealth and power in America, historically-based and perpetuated via laws, educational advantages, inherited wealth, Good Ol' Boy networks, racial prejudices, etc., but some Whites are disgruntled because they do not believe they share in it.” The Myth Of White Privilege post #77

Again: It is based on the premise that all groups are equal in the ways that shape economic, social, and political outcomes for groups and that therefore all differences in group outcomes are artificial and indefensible. That premise is factually wrong.

"If there were a contest for the most stupid idea in politics, my choice would be the assumption that people would be evenly or randomly distributed in incomes, institutions, occupations or awards, in the absence of somebody doing somebody wrong."

“systemic racism” and “institutional racism” are anti-American myths spread by oppression-model dogmatists. Ever since the ascendance of Bernie Sanders, the platforms of the Democrat Party have been shaped by these myths. Thus the 2016 platform regards social and economic disparities as prima facie evidence of racial or gender oppression and attributes such disparities not to individual decisions, capabilities, and performances, but to unidentified “policies” which, if they actually existed, would be illegal. Thomas Sowell, Discrimination and Disparities

Did you click Reply on the wrong post?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The central purpose and goal of the Chehalis School District is to build a sound educational foundation for each student, enabling them to become responsible citizens. Success in building that foundation means allowing every graduate of this district the freedom and ability to choose to earn a credential beyond high school, providing them real choices in pursuing college and career. Providing each student this educational foundation is key toward equality of opportunity for every Chehalis student.

Our school district is not a political or partisan organization. The district does not push any ideology. It does not endorse curriculum where students are taught what to think. The District fosters teaching and learning, K-12, that helps students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills which they can apply to life’s challenges. These skills will enable them the freedom to chart the most productive course for their own life. That said, the District will enforce enacted Washington State and US federal laws as pertain to education and school districts.

The Chehalis School District believes that the American Dream of greater opportunity for all our students is real for our graduates, as is evidenced by the diverse backgrounds of so many of our alumni.

It is acknowledged that all the young people in the Chehalis School District do not start at an equitable jumping off point. To address this gap, the District provides each student the support and assistance needed as individuals to be ready to graduate career and college ready. One goal of the school district is to help each student tap and develop their individual potential.

Further, it is acknowledged there is evidence of systematic wrong doing, intentional or unintentional where the United States has failed to live up to the ideals of the Nation’s founding. Understanding and learning from these failures is a necessary part of a quality education. We will not teach Chehalis students that people, due to their race or background are inherently good or bad, guilty or innocent, more or less capable than others. The United States is the most diverse country on earth, providing students the opportunity for significant understanding and growth.

Equality of opportunity through an excellent education for every young person in the Chehalis School District, empowering them with the choice of college and/or career, is the central purpose and desired goal.

Are the teachers there represented by the NEA?

If so.....CRT is on the way.

this cartoon and your quote from Coulter (given Coulter's documented stupidity) says it all.

Can you list which of Coulter's dozen scholarly best sellers you have read......

Or have we just proven you to be our best source of Greenhouse Gases.

As to her 'scholarly' writing, a reviewer writes:

"With Coulter, I did the same thing when reading her books. I investigated several of her claims. The difference is, with everyone else I found an error within the first few issues I investigated. With Coulter, I never found an error, so I decided she was a good scholar.

To be objective, I used a random method. I'd already tried checking things that stood out to me. This time I investigated 10 random footnotes from her books. For each one, I picked a book, then I selected a chapter with a random number generator, then I went to the footnotes for that chapter and selected one with a random number generator. Whatever was randomly chosen, I committed to investigate it and reach a conclusion, even if it was hard; reselecting any footnotes would compromise objectivity.

This is not a perfect approach. If 1% of Coulter's footnotes are mistaken, I could miss it. Maybe she approaches her columns with a different respect for scholarship than the books I'm checking (why?). Maybe she has mistakes with no footnote. If I missed something, please tell me (with specifics!). Leave a comment below or email me [email protected]

In my experience, I often find scholarship errors within the first three things I check for an author. Because errors are so common, I think a spot check like this is valuable. If you doubt how common errors are, I recommend you fact check some other authors. Plus, I've already read Coulter's books and checked a few claims I found suspicious, so adding random checking provides good variety and objectivity. And, while reading, I already had the opportunity to spot claims in her books that should have a footnote but don't, or notice other issues.

I checked 10 randomly selected footnotes from 5 Ann Coulter books. For each one, I present my analysis below and I score Coulter's scholarship from 0 to 5 points. Her final average score was 5, which is perfect. (I decided on the scoring system before I started.) I found no scholarship errors. Well done!

In addition to fact checking Coulter myself, I also reviewed other people's criticism and fact checking of Coulter. Click through for details; in summary, their own scholarship was terrible. Also, my friend fact checked one random Coulter cite I gave him, which was correct."

I've already shown you to be a dishonest, slanderous windbag....now it's time to bury you...

Reviewing her critics: Curiosity – Reviewing Ann Coulter's Critics

a fact check of an attack on Coulter's scholarship. Read it if you want: Fact Checking Al Franken

Once again we find you not to be a thinker, simply a recording machine of Democrat talking points.

Stick to your job as Garden Gnome.

Did you click Reply on the wrong post?

No.

Did you miss this:
"Yet, when you ask for any laws, or examples of racism, the best they can come up with is unequal distribution in various areas.

Here is a typical Biden voter showing his belief in identical group-abilities and aims:"

I checked 10 randomly selected footnotes from 5 Ann Coulter books. For each one, I present my analysis below and I score Coulter's scholarship from 0 to 5 points. Her final average score was 5, which is perfect.
It's not her scholarship, but her deliberately confusing people with facts. Like saying the poor don't pay taxes, and citing the bottom 50% of people pay zero federal income tax.

While true, it doesn't reflect all the other taxes the bottom 50% pay. We've seen how the top earners end up paying zero in federal income tax for years.

Did you miss this:
"Yet, when you ask for any laws, or examples of racism, the best they can come up with is unequal distribution in various areas.
Start with the US constitution. It was written to support, protect and defend slavery.

Isn't slavery racist?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You still have a gender problem to deal with, and the school’s educators are not shrinks: transgender authors link to the CRT syllabus.

Did you miss this:
Start with the US constitution. It was written to support, protect and defend slavery.

Isn't slavery racist?
You invoke slavery while reifying the U.S. Constitution. Your ambivalence is showing. World slavery or U.S. slavery in particular? If by slavery you mean U.S. slavery in particular, you exclude that done by the U.S. Indigene, and your other problem in nailing down racism mutates into a class-difference problem with the question, “Were slaves from Africa imported to the U.S. for reasons other than simply slave-trade profit?”

Like America, the Aborigines were already there when Great Britain shipped its criminal element to Australia as a penal colony. If the astuteness of African administrations compelled them to declare, “Get these assholes out of here,” the overly-worked concept of slave-trade profit gets seriously roughed up. Neither you nor CRT can disprove the idea that there were other criteria by which the slaves were chosen for export. Was this collective DNA a concentrated criminal potential shipped elsewhere? CRT cannot answer the question.

Fantstic, thank you. How does this prove there is no systemic and institutionalized racism in education and the justice system as CRT theorizes (with evidence-based support)?
>How does this prove there is no systemic and institutionalized racism in education and the justice system as CRT theorizes (with evidence-based support)?

You can't prove a negative, silly. It's like saying, "prove there are no aliens" or "prove there is no God."

In this example, we're looking at an aptitude test. Tests like this are not racist; everyone, regardless of ethnicity, have an equal opportunity to pass or fail.

Dems have controlled, for decades, the government of most of the largest cities, public education, many US government departments, Hollywood, most major media outlets, universities, etc., and now big tech.

The Dems are also the party of slavery, the party of the KKK, the party of Jim Crow laws, the party of Affirmative Action , the party of Planned Parenthood, the latter two still being very relevant today.
Systemic and institutionalized racism has been proven over and over and over. That's what CRT does.

Yes, Democrats have the Dixiecrats in their HISTORY, as in the past. Where did the racists go when Democrats told them they weren't welcomed in the party anymore? Who has embraced them with open arms and appealed to their racism? (I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count :lol:)

The "fallacy" is this preposterous narrative that if one can point to the congenital and systematic racism in America that LARGE members of the population have perpetuated for generations, that person is a "racists".

If gender texts are included in the CRT syllabus, the idea that that the biologically-engendered can simply change if they want to is just as congenitally preposterous, because in a democracy, that reification must immediately be subsumed in identity with the majority, a majority that has no cringing desire to betray biological fates. In the cowering that follows transgenderism, the particular wins out over the diverse, just as the racist statement, ‘black lives matter,’ duped large numbers who took the bait and went as far as to do Passover imitations on their houses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i disagree with the claim of systemic wrongdoing. But they do sound reasonable. Was this part of a declaration of NOT teaching CRT?

Except that your "pointing" is generally "pointing" to some inequality, assuming that wacism, and evul whites must be the cause, and then calling it "proof".

Which is fucking stupid. And divisive.

Did you miss this:

Isn't slavery racist?
You might try a closer read of the Constitution.
1) Article I. Section 9. outlaws the import of "Persons"(slaves) after 1808.
2) As with the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution was a compromise document to unify the anti-slave Northern Colonies(future States) with the pro-slave Southern Colonies(future States). The Founders/Authors understood how divisive the issue of slavery was and that such would have to be dealt with at a later date once free of foreign/English rule and once the Colonies/States were united.
3) Though a Solution was sought to find an acceptable way to end slavery, nothing worked out until the War Between the States settled the matter.
4) Slavery was a system inherited via the earlier colonial actions of the European nations(Spain, Portugal, Netherlands(Dutch), France and England mostly) that settled/colonized the Western Hemisphere and initially brought in the slaves from Africa. Black Africans sold as slaves were done so via their fellow black Africans, and Muslims. Less than 10% of Africans brought to the Western Hemisphere wound up in the Southern Colonies/States of the future USA.

19068.jpeg

slavetrade1.JPG

Atlantic%20Slave%20Trade.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i disagree with the claim of systemic wrongdoing. But they do sound reasonable. Was this part of a declaration of NOT teaching CRT?
Yes, a choice by the school board not to teach CRT. See here for more information;

Note the terms intentional or unintentional and that it is presented as a past event, not something of current or recent expression.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back