The Deficit: Comparing 2010 to 2000 when we had a surplus

Ah, yes, a wingnut is telling me I look bad in an exchange where the facts are on my side and the personal attacks are on the other.

Mind your own business.

Maybe I should have said you are wrong and your making yourself look bad by pushing your bad information in the process.

Oh and yeah you calling me a wingnut doesn't diminsh the fact that you look bad in light fo the fact that clinton did add to the national debt every year (or to make it worded better for you the national debt grew every year under clinton) yet you run around acting like he didn't because of a "budget surplus". Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 1950 - 1999

My information was that the national debt includes off-budget items so Clinton could balance the BUDGET and that is reflected in the lower year over year public debt figures.

The other poster is falsely making the argument that because 'national debt' figures rose every year,

Clinton could not have had any balanced budgets.

YOU know that's false, you know she's wrong, and yet, you're giving me shit. Why aren't you giving HER shit? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Barbie, if you're so popular, how come we have to buy all of your friends?

Regards to Ken.

Maybe I should have said you are wrong and your making yourself look bad by pushing your bad information in the process.

Oh and yeah you calling me a wingnut doesn't diminsh the fact that you look bad in light fo the fact that clinton did add to the national debt every year (or to make it worded better for you the national debt grew every year under clinton) yet you run around acting like he didn't because of a "budget surplus". Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 1950 - 1999

My information was that the national debt includes off-budget items so Clinton could balance the BUDGET and that is reflected in the lower year over year public debt figures.

The other poster is falsely making the argument that because 'national debt' figures rose every year,

YOU know that's false, you know she's wrong, and yet, you're giving me shit. Why aren't you giving HER shit? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Regards to Ken.

You know, trolling in a thread after you've lost the argument is a bit timeworn.

Regards to Ken.

You know, trolling in a thread after you've lost the argument is a bit timeworn.

Oh, you must be the 'Facial Hair Barbie!'

"As Barbie's hormone levels shift, see her whiskers grow! Available with teensy tweezers and magnifying mirror."

How could Clinton 'use' the Medicare trust fund to balance the budget when he didn't control any of the agencies/organizations who add up the numbers and determine whether or not any year's budget was balanced????

Do I actually have to explain this to you?

Clinton and Newt got together and decided to lie to everyone about everything. They decided that Clinton would get to claim that the budget was running a surplus, and the Republicans would get to claim they kept their Contract with America to reduce the size of the government. this made everyone in DC happy because they got to lie to their base, and the base was happy because they liked the lies they were hearing.

Once you learn that there is no difference between the tow parties you will be on your way to being able to understand how the government really works, and maybe even throwing off the shackles. Why do you think both parties hope the Tea Party just disappears? Those idiots want the politicians to actually keep their promises and stop lying to everyone, and only care that government spending and the debt go down, even if it means putting a bunch if radicals that think a balanced budget amendment is a good idea into Congress.

Who made this tale up?

For how many years has the Social Security trust fund invested its revenues in treasuries?

Since inception.

By law Social security must invest in "the safest" investments known.

In theory, that means government bonds.

And if the government hadn't been certifiably insane for the last three or four or five or six decades, they would have been the safest investments on earth, too.

But a nation cannot keep fighting wars on credit and at the same time sending Americans' jobs off-shore while allowing tariff-free imports and expect that a formerly sound economy (like when we were the world's LARGEST CREDITOR NATION) to continue to be a sound economy.

We are now the world's largest debtor nation because our LEADERS (not welfare queens, not social security recipients, not teachers, or union members, not hippies, not gun queers, not christians, not atheists, not Negros, not even illiegal immigrants!) screwed the POOCH.

If you're looking for somebody to blame?

Blame the people who had the authority and who created the policies that are RESPONSIBLE for this economy, folks.

And for America's sake, stop blaming YOUR NEIGHBORS and fellow CITIZENS for policies over which they had NO authority.

Do I actually have to explain this to you?

Clinton and Newt got together and decided to lie to everyone about everything. They decided that Clinton would get to claim that the budget was running a surplus, and the Republicans would get to claim they kept their Contract with America to reduce the size of the government. this made everyone in DC happy because they got to lie to their base, and the base was happy because they liked the lies they were hearing.

Once you learn that there is no difference between the tow parties you will be on your way to being able to understand how the government really works, and maybe even throwing off the shackles. Why do you think both parties hope the Tea Party just disappears? Those idiots want the politicians to actually keep their promises and stop lying to everyone, and only care that government spending and the debt go down, even if it means putting a bunch if radicals that think a balanced budget amendment is a good idea into Congress.

Who made this tale up?

For how many years has the Social Security trust fund invested its revenues in treasuries?

Since inception.

By law Social security must invest in "the safest" investments known.

In theory, that means government bonds.

And if the government hadn't been certifiably insane for the last three or four or five or six decades, they would have been the safest investments on earth, too.

But a nation cannot keep fighting wars on credit and at the same time sending Americans' jobs off-shore while allowing tariff-free imports and expect that a formerly sound economy (like when we were the world's LARGEST CREDITOR NATION) to continue to be a sound economy.

We are now the world's largest debtor nation because our LEADERS (not welfare queens, not social security recipients, not teachers, or union members, not hippies, not gun queers, not christians, not atheists, not Negros, not even illiegal immigrants!) screwed the POOCH.

If you're looking for somebody to blame?

Blame the people who had the authority and who created the policies that are RESPONSIBLE for this economy, folks.

And for America's sake, stop blaming YOUR NEIGHBORS and fellow CITIZENS for policies over which they had NO authority.

We may need to change the Social Security mandate to require the trust fund money be invested in the bonds of countries with better balance sheets than the US.

Forum List

Back