The decline of USPS

You were right about that. The bill was still co-sponsored by %66 percent democrat

Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act (2006; 109th Congress H.R. 6407) - GovTrack.us

Hmmmm 2 dem co-sponsors..

Just how stupid are American Postal workers and other leftists? | Steve Bussey

Votes: Dec 8, 2006: This bill passed in the House of Representatives by voice vote. A record of each representative’s position was not kept.
Cosponsors:
Danny Davis [D-IL7]
John McHugh [R-NY23]
Henry Waxman [D-CA30]

Dec 9, 2006: This bill passed in the Senate by Unanimous Consent. A record of each senator’s position was not kept.

In 2006 the Dems held the Senate :eusa_whistle:

Here is the link again

Party standings in the Senate during the 109th Congress
44 Democratic Senators

1 Independent Senator, caucusing with Democrats

55 Republican Senators

Im looking for film of the vocal vote on it.

I remember hearing house votes done by the 109th that were Not what they claimed they were.

I wonder if that was one of them

Senate Defers Work on Post Office Overhaul - NYTimes.com

the republicans keep fighting fixing the problem

The Senate on Tuesday voted down a motion to begin work on legislation that would have overhauled the financially ailing Postal Service, a measure that postal officials said did not go far enough in allowing them to cut costs, and that some postal unions said would make the post office’s financial situation even worse.

The measure fell nine votes short of the 60 needed to move forward. The Senate will consider taking up the measure again in mid-April, when lawmakers return from recess

The post office is Constitutionally mandated. The size of the post office isn't. Cut it down. Have mail delivery once a week. Once a month.

I'm even getting junk mail by e-mail. Once the post office loses junk mail delivery, it will have no purpose to exist except that its in the Constitution.

Forum List

Back