The decline of USPS

I had an item I wanted to send the cheapest way within the USA. After a price comparison between FedEx, UPS, and the postal service, USPS was, by far, the cheapest. However, for Priority Mail, all three were somewhat equal.

Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act (2006; 109th Congress H.R. 6407) - GovTrack.us

Hmmmm 2 dem co-sponsors..

Just how stupid are American Postal workers and other leftists? | Steve Bussey

Votes: Dec 8, 2006: This bill passed in the House of Representatives by voice vote. A record of each representative’s position was not kept.
Cosponsors:
Danny Davis [D-IL7]
John McHugh [R-NY23]
Henry Waxman [D-CA30]

Dec 9, 2006: This bill passed in the Senate by Unanimous Consent. A record of each senator’s position was not kept.

In 2006 the Dems held the Senate :eusa_whistle:

The 109th Congress from 2005 to 2007 had 44 Democrats and 55 Republicans and one Independent in the Senate. More GOP "math".

Dammit. I hate the ignorance. Is it spread around like spores?

The last majority Republican lame duck congress under Bush passed a law forcing the post office to fund it's pension system 75 years into the future within a ten year period KNOWING it's impossible and a requirement no other company in the world is mandated to do.

Fuck.

The reasons have been posted ad nauseum on this site and still, the ignorant refuse to acknowledge them. Why????? Why the willful stupidity????? Why the insistence on ignoring facts????? Why the determination to keep from knowing anything important????

hey Dean.....2 of the 3 co-sponsors of that bill were Democrats....why are YOU ignoring that?......

Cutting workers, cutting back delivery time, defaulting on payments etc and some of you folks say they are doing "fine"?

And you want the gov't to run healthcare? I thought you wanted it FIXED?

People don't use mail any more. We receive and pay our bills online, and send faxes and emails. The government hasn't run the postal service into the ground and they're not defaulting on their bills. Mail just isn't the big business it used to be.

This is an instant communications world and snail mail is slow and expensive. We have cheaper, faster ways of communicating now.
People don't use mail any more.

as someone who delivered the stuff......you have me fooled....:eusa_eh:

No entity public or private has that burden.

Why are the republicans trying to kill the post office?

Its in the constitution and the founders were willing to PAY for it

I really don't know. Technonlogy is too much for it to handle.. that and who runs it

no its not......they can handle technology fine.....there is no PO on the planet as modern as ours is....

I really don't know. Technonlogy is too much for it to handle.. that and who runs it

then why does the company UPS pay the post office to deliver a crap load of their deliveries ?

because its a trade off......UPS and Fed-X fly the first class mail for them....

why did the republicans construct a law that made it illegal for the USPS to pay off their debts with saved money?

that is insanity

your an asshole......let me correct that for you......why did the republicans AND the Democrats construct a law that made it illegal for the USPS to pay off their debts with saved money?
and it is not illegal for them to pay off debts with saved money....

Last edited:
Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act (2006; 109th Congress H.R. 6407) - GovTrack.us

Hmmmm 2 dem co-sponsors..

Just how stupid are American Postal workers and other leftists? | Steve Bussey

Votes: Dec 8, 2006: This bill passed in the House of Representatives by voice vote. A record of each representative’s position was not kept.
Cosponsors:
Danny Davis [D-IL7]
John McHugh [R-NY23]
Henry Waxman [D-CA30]

Dec 9, 2006: This bill passed in the Senate by Unanimous Consent. A record of each senator’s position was not kept.
wont do any good TN....this stupid ass has seen this thing more than once......apparently the 2 Democrats there dont show up on her fucking screen.............

Cutting workers, cutting back delivery time, defaulting on payments etc and some of you folks say they are doing "fine"?

People don't use mail any more. We receive and pay our bills online, and send faxes and emails. The government hasn't run the postal service into the ground and they're not defaulting on their bills. Mail just isn't the big business it used to be.

This is an instant communications world and snail mail is slow and expensive. We have cheaper, faster ways of communicating now.

So who's going to mail absentee ballots, amazon.com products, Penny Saver, Netflix, letters from lawyers, the court, dmv etc. Why the private sector of course!! They're probably chomping at the bit.
Let's see if they don't get not only the mail business, but the whole infrastructure, trucks, building and properties paid for by the taxpayer. maybe even some of the pension fund. Probably all at fire sale prices too.

You used to be a mailman? With your filthy mouth?

You used to be a mailman? With your filthy mouth?
my filthy mouth?.....you gotta be fucking kidding me.....you think Mailmen don't cuss?....you got a lot to learn.....:eusa_eh:

Dammit. I hate the ignorance. Is it spread around like spores?

The last majority Republican lame duck congress under Bush passed a law forcing the post office to fund it's pension system 75 years into the future within a ten year period KNOWING it's impossible and a requirement no other company in the world is mandated to do.

Fuck.

The reasons have been posted ad nauseum on this site and still, the ignorant refuse to acknowledge them. Why????? Why the willful stupidity????? Why the insistence on ignoring facts????? Why the determination to keep from knowing anything important????

Ok. Go ahead and take the pension mandate away. And listen to the howls of protest from the rank and file.
Entitlements suck when they don't work out in your favor, huh?
The real reason the USPS is floundering is that first class volume is down 25% in the last 5 years.

So what? The system is no longer viable as it is operated.
The USPS is not nearly as relevant as it once was.
THAT is the cause of the negative revenue streams.

Forum List

Back