The decline of oil

Will not last........but it's very very slow right now...............most of the jobs are still gone where I work.......thousands got laid off and most will not be back this year........

Maybe "big oil" will become medium size oil again...remember in the beginning we had numerous oil companies...when they had to compete for our dollar....those were the days....

Oil is presently $34 to $42 per barrel. That is a very bad price for the industry

We just had over 2 million people get back to work. That will increase the need for gas by that amount. When the other liberals cities open up, gasoline will be way back over 2 dollars a gallon and in places like NY or Cal, it will be up over 4 dollars because they love to punish their citizens...

You know a state gas tax so they can give illegals free stuff for their votes...

Oil is presently $34 to $42 per barrel. That is a very bad price for the industry

America has decades of Oil left to use.

Last year I posted information that there are over 200 years worth of oil already discovered, which got ignored here in the forum.

I expect you to ignore it too.

Decades of oil left - or 200 years - which is it? Either way, man is putting back into the atmosphere CO2 that was absorbed by the biological carbon cycle for many thousands of years.

Do you think that is a good thing?

From our literature:

"Writing in Utne Reader, Jeremiah Creedon says: “The only thing worse than running out of oil might be not running out of oil. The carbon dioxide we create by burning oil continues to heat the planet, yet the economy and the environment are still usually discussed as separate issues.” Highlighting the consequences of just one country’s addiction to oil, the Australian Broadcasting Commission reports: “The 26 million vehicles in the United Kingdom generate one third of all the UK’s carbon dioxide (which leads to global warming) and one third of all the UK’s air pollution (which kills around 10,000 people each year).”

Oil will always play a big part in my life...

oilmassage.jpeg

Couldn't happen to a more deserving industry.
Making over $400 net profit per second (and that is just Exxon in a bad year) is far too much economic and political power.

Last year I posted information that there are over 200 years worth of oil already discovered, which got ignored here in the forum.

Decades of oil left - or 200 years - which is it? Either way, man is putting back into the atmosphere CO2 that was absorbed by the biological carbon cycle for many thousands of years.

From our literature:

"Writing in Utne Reader, Jeremiah Creedon says: “The only thing worse than running out of oil might be not running out of oil. The carbon dioxide we create by burning oil continues to heat the planet, yet the economy and the environment are still usually discussed as separate issues.” Highlighting the consequences of just one country’s addiction to oil, the Australian Broadcasting Commission reports: “The 26 million vehicles in the United Kingdom generate one third of all the UK’s carbon dioxide (which leads to global warming) and one third of all the UK’s air pollution (which kills around 10,000 people each year).”

Blah blah blah, we have been hearing about running out of oil from the peanut farmer Carter back in the 1970s. We heard from Al Jazeera Gore that the Earth was doomed in 10 years back in 2006 and we are still here. The bug eyed bitch AOC warned US that in 12 years the Earf was going to die, then she said it was all in jest. But you continue to pay into the CCX, carbon credit exchange which was what made the Clintons, Gores and Obammys very rich,, while keeping your sorry ass stupid and poor.

From our literature:

America has decades of discovered oil, while the world has over 200 years of Discovered oil.

It will become too expensive long before we use up all the oil.

I am aware of its problems, most of us never made this happen, now we are currently LOCKED into the oil economy, which will eventually have to give way to something else.

From our literature:

How many new nuclear plants should we build?

From our literature:

How many new nuclear plants should we build?

He is ignoring your reasonable question, must be another anti-nuke nutball.

The current downturn in oil prices are as temporary as this pandemic bullshit. As soon as it's over and the country gets off of its ass and gets back to work the prices of oil will bounce right back up. It will stay that way until one of two things happen. One is we use it all up in which case we will be forced to create an alternative form of energy. The other is we finally pull our heads out of our asses and put nuclear energy to work via thorium fueled fission reactors and quit chasing unicorns around rainbows with all of the solar and wind nonsense.

Everybody knows the oil and gas industries are not your mom and pop businesses, not GM or Apple either. Changing technology is one thing. Geo-politics another. This is no “supply and demand” at the level of geo-politics, there is military power. The decline of oil? The price of gas? Nuclear power? These are mostly diversions, fake news, fake issues ... issues for popular discourse.

No. The real issues are geo-political. The U.S. will survive no matter what — unless it gets too greedy. The U.S. may overplay its hand and try to cut off its competitors, especially China, from access to Gulf oil. Iran is already sanctioned, Venezuela too. Important planned Chinese investments in Iraq were stopped. Most likely the price of oil will be driven up to allow Permian fracked production costs to be recovered — even if the U.S. must take out a part of present Gulf production. The Saudis, like all others, are expendable. A Persian “Gulf of Tonkin” false flag operation is always possible if overproduction and low prices remain a problem, just as invasion, coups, regime change and neo-colonial control were options in the past to control oil resources when there were shortages. Profits of course are still greatest in the Gulf region, where production costs are so low. Permian & fracked oil production was always a ponzy scheme dependent on easy debt financing and American international power.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back