The Decline of Men in College: A disturbing trend.

Colleges and Universities have become a way to not only indoctrinate people towards Leftism, it also separates people economically as those who attain degrees typically make more money and become leaders in society that make the rules

That way they not only indoctrinate people, they make their opponents less able to financially challenge them, thus controlling elections that run on money and deprive them of leaders in positions of power within society. They have the added bonus of talking down to their opponents in a condescending manner cuz they are so much more educated, with the premise of being more intelligent and wise.
Pedagogic Pedophilia

In college, the student works without pay, which is inexcusable slavery demanded by corporate parasites because they can only deal with slavish employees.

With no adult income, the student lives like a child. His forced and unnatural immaturity makes him desperately look at his professors as infallible father-figures. That makes it easy for the professors to mind-rape their students.

“In almost every rich country, women earn the majority of bachelor’s degrees,”
What are those degrees in?

its not engineering

but rather more of the soft subjects like dance, marketing, journalism ect

“American colleges and universities now enroll roughly six women for every four men. This is the largest female-male gender gap in the history of higher education, and it’s getting wider. Last year, U.S. colleges enrolled 1.5 million fewer students than five years ago, The Wall Street Journal recently reported. Men accounted for more than 70 percent of the decline.….

The college gender gap is happening not just in the U.S. but in a range of upper- and middle-income countries, including France, Slovenia, Mexico, and Brazil. “In almost every rich country, women earn the majority of bachelor’s degrees,” Claudia Goldin, a historian and economics professor at Harvard University, told me.”

I find this trend very disturbing. In 1970, men accounted for 57% of college students. To redress the imbalance, Congress passed Title IX to address sex discrimination. Now there is an imbalance of women to men and that disparity is growing. It is getting so bad that “The Wall Street Journal reports that some colleges are putting their finger on the scale for male applicants, to avoid having their schools become 70 percent female.”

Maybe it is time to revisit some of these laws and policies that were used to correct the initial imbalance though It is interesting that it appears to be an international phenomenom.

It is time to take a close look at this trend. Though various reasons are given for this trend, we need to delve more deeply into the causes. Whatever it is, we need to address it.
Men will have the pick of the litter

Pedagogic Pedophilia

In college, the student works without pay, which is inexcusable slavery demanded by corporate parasites because they can only deal with slavish employees.

With no adult income, the student lives like a child. His forced and unnatural immaturity makes him desperately look at his professors as infallible father-figures. That makes it easy for the professors to mind-rape their students.
College was fun for me? Idk

Didn’t feel like a slave at all

“American colleges and universities now enroll roughly six women for every four men. This is the largest female-male gender gap in the history of higher education, and it’s getting wider. Last year, U.S. colleges enrolled 1.5 million fewer students than five years ago, The Wall Street Journal recently reported. Men accounted for more than 70 percent of the decline.….

The college gender gap is happening not just in the U.S. but in a range of upper- and middle-income countries, including France, Slovenia, Mexico, and Brazil. “In almost every rich country, women earn the majority of bachelor’s degrees,” Claudia Goldin, a historian and economics professor at Harvard University, told me.”

I find this trend very disturbing. In 1970, men accounted for 57% of college students. To redress the imbalance, Congress passed Title IX to address sex discrimination. Now there is an imbalance of women to men and that disparity is growing. It is getting so bad that “The Wall Street Journal reports that some colleges are putting their finger on the scale for male applicants, to avoid having their schools become 70 percent female.”

Maybe it is time to revisit some of these laws and policies that were used to correct the initial imbalance though It is interesting that it appears to be an international phenomenom.

It is time to take a close look at this trend. Though various reasons are given for this trend, we need to delve more deeply into the causes. Whatever it is, we need to address it.
I've found those with life skills and common sense totally out beat college and uni kids. In fact, in my last job as a manger, I avoided hiring people with a degree, they're generally the dickheads of the population. Their EIQ skills are often low.

So no college education means one works for $15 an hour for some pathetic employer then maybe 20 years later is making $25 pet hour(poverty wages anywhere). No thanks. Not sustainable nor ANYTHING anyone with a brain is working hard for. On the other hand painters here are making $60 per hour. That's not great but could maybe pay some bills

Colleges and Universities have become a way to not only indoctrinate people towards Leftism, it also separates people economically as those who attain degrees typically make more money and become leaders in society that make the rules
Yay for that! Why should we listen to boot lickers?

So no college education means one works for $15 an hour for some pathetic employer then maybe 20 years later is making $25 pet hour(poverty wages anywhere). No thanks. Not sustainable nor ANYTHING anyone with a brain is working hard for. On the other hand painters here are making $60 per hour. That's not great but could maybe pay some bills
Yeah and painters have a lot of problems physically (arthritis and such) as they get older.

I think I was reading somewhere that many people have to retire on disability because of their jobs being too demanding physically... this would certainly be true of painters, construction workers etc.

It's good work for someone young... not such good work for someone in their 40s, 50s and older.

BTW... the retiring early thing is one of the reasons why people have been pushing back about raising the retirement age yet again to something past the age of 70.

Yeah and painters have a lot of problems physically (arthritis and such) as they get older.

I think I was reading somewhere that many people have to retire on disability because of their jobs being too demanding physically... this would certainly be true of painters, construction workers etc.

It's good work for someone young... not such good work for someone in their 40s, 50s and older.

BTW... the retiring early thing is one of the reasons why people have been pushing back about raising the retirement age yet again to something past the age of 70.
The whole point of getting into trades is to do the hard grunt work while you're young, and get skilled as you get older. A painter isn't really a highly skilled professional for the most part either. If they have other skills like finishing sheet rock, stucco installation, and faux finishing, they can demand higher wages. MUCH higher wages when it comes to artistic finishes in fact. The younger workers then build the scaffolding, mix shit, carry shit and learn from the guy who developed skills.

Same with the electrical trade or the exterior covering trades I did when I was young. At 17 I started roofing and siding. I busted my ass carrying shit all day up fuckin ladders until I got pretty strong and could keep the roofers fed shingles and have extra waiting on them. Then I learned how to install. Eventually me and a buddy started sub contracting and made a lot of money. At 25 I moved to TX and I busted my ass as an electrician's helper for a couple years. I eventually got my license and made twice as much money by the time I was 27 and pretty much never really worked hard again.

Then a bunch of carpet pilots flew airplanes into buildings and I joined the Army, did my combat tour, then some contracting and work for the DoD. After 12 years of that shit I went back to the electric company I used to work for and ended up in the office doing estimates and logistics.

The bottom line is that if you're 50+ years old and still doing grunt work you dropped the ball. Just like if you get a McJob and 20 years later you're still at minimum wage and still fucking up drive thru orders. Regardless, my point is that you can make more money than a fuckin lawyer after several years as a tradesman if you become a master electrician or plumber. In that case, you got paid to learn the career rather than stuck in 6 figures of debt before you can even practice the trade. College is for dopes.

In general, I think the concept of higher education is now slightly outdated, since the type of activity and professions needed by society are changing

In general, I think the concept of higher education is now slightly outdated, since the type of activity and professions needed by society are changing
Are you mad? The economy of the future will require more and more people with high-tech skills that are based on a foundation of both general and very specific education. Those managing the high tech workers will most likely most of the time be those with a great degree of higher education in many areas, including the humanities. If you imagine every other student becoming a plumber, you are just going to end up with lots and lots of plumbers working for peanuts. Not so good for the best plumbers.

Well you Dems have been waging your war against men for a long time now.
Why would you be disturbed by the results?

War on men? Can you cite some examples of this war? It appears it's as hard to find as sasquatch.

This is another trend based upon the cost of a bachelor's degree...

But it's been noted for some time now.

Women also are going for trade schools instead of college degrees. Men don't seem to want to complete their degrees.

So when women seek men for a marriage partner, equally educated men are in short supply. So they either end up being the breadwinner or go without.

But the college degrees are also not having the returns for the high investment cost they once did either. Especially since the cost has skyrocketed.

So the end result is fewer marriages, children, and an educated population.
Giving away a college education isn't the answer either...but the Australian model does seem to have some merit. (Higher tax rate for those graduates with worthwhile degrees paid for by the government)
Colleges operate largely now to make the college money $$$ or to indoctrine------degrees in movies and other such nonsense are meaningless and don't even produce higher wages leading to higher taxes. We need workers with skills that we need--colleges aren't providing this in many many cases....

STEM education should be a priority for the government. To the point that the government should pay for education in some fields.
If it was based on skill level and likelihood of producing contributing members of society instead of filling some stupid woke quota...

Forum List

Back