The Death of the American Catholic Church

We just said exactly the same thing; The Roman Catholic Church was the first multinational corporation and as such went about the world in the typical pillage and plunder manner. As with many of the male dominator god religions, it has always been much much more about guilt, sin, and blame than spirituality basd upon Christ's message of love, grace, and forgiveness.
No. We did not say the exact same thing. You are saying it has been all bad, I am saying that when we weight the good and the bad, that by any objective measure it has been a force for good.

I didn't say anything about good, bad, or indifferent, I merely stated the reality. If you think those things were bad, that's your take on it; many think those were good things.
Funny but I didn't see any good that you attributed to them. Did I miss that?

You miss quite a lot.
I don't deny that, but in this specific instance did I miss the good that you attributed to the Catholic Church?

Isn't that your job? I stated facts, they are neither good or bad, they merely are. Like I said, you can make up your own mind as to whether that's good or bad. Same for the church's approach to and history with pedophilia. Good, bad, indifferent? Up to you.

No. We did not say the exact same thing. You are saying it has been all bad, I am saying that when we weight the good and the bad, that by any objective measure it has been a force for good.

I didn't say anything about good, bad, or indifferent, I merely stated the reality. If you think those things were bad, that's your take on it; many think those were good things.

You miss quite a lot.
I don't deny that, but in this specific instance did I miss the good that you attributed to the Catholic Church?

Isn't that your job? I stated facts, they are neither good or bad, they merely are. Like I said, you can make up your own mind as to whether that's good or bad. Same for the church's approach to and history with pedophilia. Good, bad, indifferent? Up to you.
No. You only stated negatives, Fenton Lum. Why are you denying the obvious. Is there any good that you believe has come from religion or the Catholic Church? Any at all? Are you afraid to say that you believe only bad has come from religion?

You miss quite a lot.

No. You only stated negatives, Fenton Lum. Why are you denying the obvious. Is there any good that you believe has come from religion or the Catholic Church? Any at all? Are you afraid to say that you believe only bad has come from religion?

You have two boxes everyone must fit into don't you.

Actually the Church is growing in numbers....but don't let facts get in the way
the Catholic Church closed over 1,000 parishes and declined in influence since 1995 in the United States

'It's All About Church Closings': Catholic Parishes Shrink In Northeast, Midwest

The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, citing declining attendance, rising costs and a looming priest shortage, announced plans to merge scores of parishes and close dozens of churches this year. USA TODAY’s Rick Hampson reports on the reaction Robert Deutsch and Matthew Colby, USA TODAY

Our Lady of revenue: NYC churches on the market

Over 1 In 4 Chicago Parishes on Verge of Closing, Reports Say

Map: Catholic Church closings in the past 10 years

:boohoo:

Last edited:
The Catholic Church has quite a few blemishes on its record over its long and rich history. This cannot be denied; however, as a whole, the Catholic Church has been a major force for good in this world.

You miss quite a lot.

You have two boxes everyone must fit into don't you.
Not at all. Just because I pointed out that you are not objective on this subject does not mean I believe you are not objective on any others. You don't want to admit that you believe religion is all bad and you don't want to admit that religion has been a force for good. You are in a trap of your own making. I have nothing to do with it.

the Catholic Church closed over 1,000 parishes and declined in influence since 1995 in the United States

'It's All About Church Closings': Catholic Parishes Shrink In Northeast, Midwest

The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, citing declining attendance, rising costs and a looming priest shortage, announced plans to merge scores of parishes and close dozens of churches this year. USA TODAY’s Rick Hampson reports on the reaction Robert Deutsch and Matthew Colby, USA TODAY

Many of the mergers and church closings in the Rust Belt have to do more with a declining population as a result of this region losing its manufacturing base then some large exodus from the church.

Many of the mergers and church closings in the Rust Belt have to do more with a declining population as a result of this region losing its manufacturing base then some large exodus from the church.
down state NY are closing up at a fast rate

You moron, the Church is experiencing a demographic shift, it's still growing. Good grief you're freaking stupid, Guano

You miss quite a lot.

It isn't my job to make you be objective. That is your choice to make. I can help by pointing out your subjectivity, but I can't make you be objective. Religion is what religion is and it has done what it has done. I can point out to you all the good that religion has done, but that still will not make you objective. Only you can do that for yourself.

You are a kneeler? A fish eater? Color me surprised. No... color me shocked. I bet it really irks you that I am one too.
koshergrl is also Catholic and even though I disagree with you both on Philosophy and logic I am however glad that you are both among the blessed sacrament actually.
Thank you, brother. I am glad that you are able to look past my shortcomings.

Well, only because you "confess" to a corporate middle man.

You miss quite a lot.

It isn't my job to make you be objective. That is your choice to make. I can help by pointing out your subjectivity, but I can't make you be objective. Religion is what religion is and it has done what it has done. I can point out to you all the good that religion has done, but that still will not make you objective. Only you can do that for yourself.

"Religion is what religion is and it has done what it has done."

See? Doesn't it feel good to find common ground.

You are a kneeler? A fish eater? Color me surprised. No... color me shocked. I bet it really irks you that I am one too.
koshergrl is also Catholic and even though I disagree with you both on Philosophy and logic I am however glad that you are both among the blessed sacrament actually.
Thank you, brother. I am glad that you are able to look past my shortcomings.

Well, only because you "confess" to a corporate middle man.
There is a practical application of confessing our sins or failures out loud to another person. Confessing our sins or failures to another person releases the power that sin and failure hold over us. In fact, most people who have done so will tell you that it feels like a great weight has been removed from them. Being honest and object, especially about our failings is the first step in fixing the problem. We can't fix what we don't acknowledge is broken. We are only as sick as the secrets we keep.

You miss quite a lot.

"Religion is what religion is and it has done what it has done."

See? Doesn't it feel good to find common ground.
Did it make you feel better to say that? You would even feel better if you were objective. Trust me. It is extremely powerful.

You moron, the Church is experiencing a demographic shift, it's still growing. Good grief you're freaking stupid, Guano
not in the US which this thread is about , bi catfish

Forum List

Back