The Dark Tower

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
The Dark Tower Is Officially Happening, With A Major Twist

An adaptation of Stephen King’s eponymous The Dark Tower series has been in the works for as long as we can remember, and the biggest question about the project has always been, "How?" How can Hollywood condense all the material in the seven books of King’s mighty Dark Tower series into one film – or even a series of films. The Harry Potter franchise is an exception that only proves how difficult of a task it actually can be Well, now we’re finding out that the adaptation won’t start with The Gunslinger, because it isn’t starting at the beginning of King’s narrative.

Yeah. I think I will pass on it.
The characters in my head will not fit any actor or actress they hire to play that part. I'd rather keep the images I created myself.

Hollywood will screw it up and cast dicrapio or brad pittiful as Roland and fuck the whole thing up. Stupid King will want a libtard as Roland.

I have read Steven King. As I am reading it I am thinking that's about 750 pages of detail that I didn't need. Then they kick out a movie. The movie is way short on detail and you realize those 750 pages mean something. I haven't read King in over 20 years. I don't read fiction anymore. I imagine it will be the same.

Hollywood will screw it up and cast dicrapio or brad pittiful as Roland and fuck the whole thing up. Stupid King will want a libtard as Roland.
Read the link. They already cast Roland. He is a black actor. Gotta keep the diversity going, you know.

Susannah is black in the book. I wonder if she will stay black or a white actor will play her character? Oh. Wait.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
In MY mind...Roland looks like Hugh Laurie from House. I wanna keep it that way.

Read the link. They already cast Roland. He is a black actor. Gotta keep the diversity going, you know.

Susannah is black in the book. I wonder if she will stay black or a white actor will play her character? Oh. Wait.
Wasn't Roland described as having piercing blue eyes? And Susannah will remain black, you can be reasonably sure.

Wasn't Roland described as having piercing blue eyes? And Susannah will remain black, you can be reasonably sure.
If I remember correctly, yes. From the link, Suzsannah might not even make the movie! It's going to focus on Jake and Roland...maybe Oy The Bumbler.

Green Mile and Shawshank are the only movies that turned out decent. All the others ruined it for me (the books).

King allowing a black guy to be Roland just proves he is being pc and so is Hollywood....again. Millions of readers know Roland as a swarthy white skinned gunslinger. Eddie is a white smart mouth. Suzannah is black and has two personalities. Maybe 3 for all we know.
Casting Roland as black means the whole movie is going to fuck with what my brain conjured up reading the story.

However...mathew mcconaphy as the man in black, aka randall flagg? PERFECT choice.

I have read Steven King. As I am reading it I am thinking that's about 750 pages of detail that I didn't need. Then they kick out a movie. The movie is way short on detail and you realize those 750 pages mean something. I haven't read King in over 20 years. I don't read fiction anymore. I imagine it will be the same.
I read theDark tower books from the day they were on sale. believe me Hollywood will ruin it

In MY mind...Roland looks like Hugh Laurie from House. I wanna keep it that way.
Roland to me looks like Clint Eastwood from the old westerns, Too obvious but that's the Roland in my head.

eastwood.jpg

Hugh kinda looks like a Clint, dontcha think? Rugged, handsome but scarred up, etc. I wonder if Roland will still have all his fingers in the movie, cuz he damn sure doesn't in the book due to the Lobstrocities.

Did-a-chick? Dum-a-chum?

This is who they chose to be Roland....with Kings approval.

_1456850937.jpg

Idris-Elba.jpg

He may be a great actor, but he is NOT Roland Desdain.

I suspect that any movie, or series of movies, would fall as far short as both the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings franchises did. So much was left out or altered for PC expediency. Goldberry and Tom Bombadil, or the fact that Glorfindel and not Arwen rescued Frodo and took him to Rivendell...and oh, so many other discrepancies.

I suspect that any movie, or series of movies, would fall as far short as both the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings franchises did. So much was left out or altered for PC expediency. Goldberry and Tom Bombadil, or the fact that Glorfindel and not Arwen rescued Frodo and took him to Rivendell...and oh, so many other discrepancies.
Harry Potter worked because the producers let JK Rowlings have a say in the screenplay. SK has become a rabid progressive and will allow the libtards in Hollwood PC the movie to death.

Harry Potter worked because the producers let JK Rowlings have a say in the screenplay. SK has become a rabid progressive and will allow the libtards in Hollwood PC the movie to death.
That's why I don't even bother with SK's stuff anymore. I just cannot bring myself to contribute financially to his personal wealth (which will remain un-redistributed).

Exactly ^

Every reader has their own image of Roland, Susannah, Eddie, Oy, Jake, Randall, etc. We see it all as it unfolds..and that is what good writers accomplish. We LIVE the story with the characters. Roland is not black. Period. And I won't let this diversified politically correct movie ruin a damn good story by watching it.

I re read his stuff but won't buy any of his new books because they suck. Gone are the old SK days of good stories.

Hey GW....have you ever read Swan Song by Robert McCammon? If you liked the stand (the book, not the dumb assed movie), you GOTTA read Swan Song.

Forum List

Back