The Darien Gap

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
The Darien Gap is an exceedingly dangerous place, it doesn't matter if you go alone or with an armed mercenary group, it is still going to be dangerous, because there are all kinds of armed groups out there, some in competition/war with the other groups, from narco traffickers to human traffickers to armed criminal gangs, and caught in the middle of all this are untold thousands of migrants heading north to the United States.

And recently, there was arguably the most ballsy and brilliant travel vlogger on Youtube, who decied to go there.

And yet still looked at as less dangerous than staying in their homes by some migrants from south America.

And yet still looked at as less dangerous than staying in their homes by some migrants from south America.
Nah.

It's about risk versus reward. These people are trying to better their lives by coming to our great nation. They have deemed the risk worth the reward.

Nah.

It's about risk versus reward. These people are trying to better their lives by coming to our great nation. They have deemed the risk worth the reward.
Asylum may be granted if a person can prove they will be persecuted back home due to:
Race
Religion
Nationality
Membership in a particular social group
Political opinion or affiliation
Sexual orientation

99.9999% of these people do not qualify.
An inconvenient fact neither Democrats nor Republicans will address.

I've got some memory of reading, some time in the past year, of a mass graveyard on the Panama side of the Darién Gap, full of bodies recovered from not far into the Gap from that side. Those would have been people who •ALMOST• made it through, getting close enough to the north side for their bodies to be recovered. I bet there are a lot more who die far enough inside the Gap that their bodies are never recovered. Probably more people, die trying to cross the Gap, than live to make it through.

Stop heading north to enter a country illegally and avoid any danger you may encounter along the way...
I imagine their everyday life already has plenty of danger. Many of these crossers are on their second or third trip, running out of money or getting deported along the way.

Forum List

Back