The Dam is Breaking on the Vaccines

They lied, they misrepresented what they knew to be true.

But they never said what you claimed they said -- about addiction. Shame on you for -- gulp, lying.

Sure, they've paid billions in settlements over their honesty and if you knew what I said, why ask me to repeat it.

I posted a link verifying what I said. Address it or rant. I expect I know which you will do.
and I have posted:

they never said what you first said they said. That oxycontin was not addictive

Purdue told its representatives to tell doctors that only persons with an “addictive personality” became addicts

I'm not defending them against your raves and rants . I'm defending truth

I posted a link verifying what I said. Address it or rant. I expect I know which you will do.
Now, to be factual:

Purdue also instructed its pharmaceutical representatives all over the country to tell physicians that oxycontin was not addictive primarily because of its slow-release properties. Purdue told its representatives to tell doctors that only persons with an “addictive personality” became addicts.

taking part of the quote out of a full context is misleading and disingenuous -- at best

so basically what was is truly being said is: oxycontin is not addictive...and only persons with an “addictive personality” become addicts.

Now, to be factual:

Purdue also instructed its pharmaceutical representatives all over the country to tell physicians that oxycontin was not addictive primarily because of its slow-release properties. Purdue told its representatives to tell doctors that only persons with an “addictive personality” became addicts.

taking part of the quote out of a full context is misleading and disingenuous -- at best

A person with an addictive personality can get addicted to peaches. There are shows on this and the odd things people get addicted to. They said the meds themselves were not addictive which is what I said.

A person with an addictive personality can get addicted to peaches. There are shows on this and the odd things people get addicted to. They said the meds themselves were not addictive which is what I said.
basically what was is truly being said is: oxycontin is not addictive...and only persons with an “addictive personality” become addicts.

basically what was is truly being said is: oxycontin is not addictive...and only persons with an “addictive personality” become addicts.

Which is what I said. But don't let that stop you.

Oxycontin is highly addictive.

Now, to be factual:

so basically what was is truly being said is: oxycontin is not addictive...and only persons with an “addictive personality” become addicts.

It is possible to take OxyContin only as prescribed and not become an addict. I’ve seen many patients take it appropriately and never become addicts.

I’ve been prescribed it and never became addicted.

Some people have more willpower than others.

It is possible to take OxyContin only as prescribed and not become an addict. I’ve seen many patients take it appropriately and never become addicts.

I’ve been prescribed it and never became addicted.

Some people have more willpower than others.
I’ve also been prescribed it and never became addicted.

For me it was never about will power. I was not going to lie to myself about how wonderful some drugs are at certain times

they lied about HOW addictive it is.

But I know of no one who became addicted by chance. They all knew when they started abusing their prescritions

By time they were abusing they were addicted. They were told the pills were non addictive.

By time they were abusing they were addicted. They were told the pills were non addictive.
No one was ever told that an opioid analgesic in non-addictive. It’s common knowledge that all opioids are potentially addictive.

If you *abuse* a narcotic you may become addicted. Do you also need to be told that eating a lot of pizza will make you fat? That chain smoking cigarettes may give you cancer?

Oxy addicts blaming their doctors or the pharmaceutical industry is pathetic. At some point the addict made a conscious decision to take the oxy outside of the dosages outlined by his doctor.

They made that decision and they are responsible for the consequences.

the second one takes more than proscribed, one is responsible. Do you truly belive the scare of addiction would have led people not to abise the drug? I have news for you. All the fentanyl related deaths (personal thing here as I lost a close friend to it recently) we're hearing about -- one would have to be a shut in to not know all teh street drugs are killing people in record numbers

Human behavior Missy

No one was ever told that an opioid analgesic in non-addictive. It’s common knowledge that all opioids are potentially addictive.

Research a bit why Purdue lost case after case after case after case.

If you *abuse* a narcotic you may become addicted. Do you also need to be told that eating a lot of pizza will make you fat? That chain smoking cigarettes may give you cancer?

Oxy addicts blaming their doctors or the pharmaceutical industry is pathetic. At some point the addict made a conscious decision to take the oxy outside of the dosages outlined by his doctor.

They made that decision and they are responsible for the consequences.

And yet the entire justice system disagrees.

Forum List

Back