What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Daily Show Returns in Classic Manner

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No wonder our country is in trouble, the young generation rely on unfunny, not so bright "comedians" for their political news and views.:eek:

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I was wondering why there was so few topical posts from Dems lately, now it makes sense. Stewart is back, expect a barrage of school girl excited "Gee looky at this!" posts from Libbies

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Reaction score
I was wondering why there was so few topical posts from Dems lately, now it makes sense. Stewart is back, expect a barrage of school girl excited "Gee looky at this!" posts from Libbies

Do you ever watch "The Daily Show," Frank? Seriously. If you don't, you really should. I often tune in to "Fox and Friends," Hannity and Glen Beck, just to see what's going on. Sometimes I am surprised. You should give Jon Stewart a look one of these days, if you haven't already.

uscitizen

Reaction score

Do you ever watch "The Daily Show," Frank? Seriously. If you don't, you really should. I often tune in to "Fox and Friends," Hannity and Glen Beck, just to see what's going on. Sometimes I am surprised. You should give Jon Stewart a look one of these days, if you haven't already.

The Daily Show hits closer to truth than the pundits seem to.

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Reaction score

The Daily Show hits closer to truth than the pundits seem to.

Stewart and his staff of talented performers rarely miss the mark.

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I don't watch the Daily Show, I don't watch Fox N Friends, I listen to talk radio only occasionally when I'm driving. I tried watching the Daily Show once and underwhelmed by Stewart's "Coolness" and sense of "humor"

"So Sarah Palin..." (audience bursts with laughter) "and then Sarah Palin" (mare laughter)

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't watch the Daily Show, I don't watch Fox N Friends, I listen to talk radio only occasionally when I'm driving. I tried watching the Daily Show once and underwhelmed by Stewart's "Coolness" and sense of "humor"

Where do you get your information?

Osmosis?

uscitizen

Reaction score

Osmosis?

some of us apparently need no input to make decisions.

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Reaction score

"So Sarah Palin..." (audience bursts with laughter) "and then Sarah Palin" (mare laughter)

I watch The Daily Show with regularity. There are some things about Stewart's mannerisms which I don't care for all that much - I can see how that's all a conservative would need to make it a total turn off for him/her.

I like his sense of humor a lot. Here again - content can have an influence on whether or not someone is perceived as being funny or merely annoying, I guess.

uscitizen

Reaction score

I watch The Daily Show with regularity. There are some things about Stewart's mannerisms which I don't care for all that much - I can see how that's all a conservative would need to make it a total turn off for him/her.

I like his sense of humor a lot. Here again - content can have an influence on whether or not someone is perceived as being funny or merely annoying, I guess.

True, some see Palin as annoying, I just see her as funny.

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Osmosis?

Yeah, pretty much.

On average, I watch less than 1 hour of TV a day and probably listen to talk radio less than 1 hour a day. I check Drudge and my emails and they tend to be full of real, unfiltered news.

Most of what I post here in the morning usually gets picked up by Rush, Beck and Hannity during the day as I am the epicenter of the VRWC.

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Osmosis?

Yeah, pretty much.

On average, I watch less than 1 hour of TV a day and probably listen to talk radio less than 1 hour a day. I check Drudge and my emails and they tend to be full of real, unfiltered news.

Most of what I post here in the morning usually gets picked up by Rush, Beck and Hannity during the day as I am the epicenter of the VRWC.

Essentially, you are the clearinghouse of the RW propaganda. If you don't like it, it doesn't get your stamp of approval, and the conservative shows won't discuss it...correct?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Osmosis?

Yeah, pretty much.

Essentially, you are the clearinghouse of the RW propaganda. If you don't like it, it doesn't get your stamp of approval, and the conservative shows won't discuss it...correct?

Absolutely! And I have you to thank because your "Official CF Palin Thread Seal of Approval" closed the deal.

Rush, Sean and Beck and I were at Denny's having breakfast the morning after I first used the seal you made for me and they unanimously agree I was "Da Man" as Rush said.

uscitizen

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much.

Absolutely! And I have you to thank because your "Official CF Palin Thread Seal of Approval" closed the deal.

Rush, Sean and Beck and I were at Denny's having breakfast the morning after I first used the seal you made for me and they unanimously agree I was "Da Man" as Rush said.

And Denney's floor did not collapse under the combined weight of all that self righteousness?

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List