The compromise on SS that both sides should be able to agree on.

They don;t have to lower their lifestyle at all.

They are already having that 12.4% of their lifetime income taken from them.

All we have to do is allow people to choose where that 12.4% is invested
That’s true. I was explaining to the leftist how people could start a voluntary program, since he was saying half the people don’t ewrn enough to open an IRA.

For the 12% SS withholding, yes….we continue that as mandatory, with no withdrawals allowed until retirement, but simoly allow people to pick from pre-approved funds. That’s how my 403b worked. I had 10% deducted from my pay (my choice), and I chose how to invest it from among the options available.

That’s true. I was explaining to the leftist how people could start a voluntary program, since he was saying half the people don’t ewrn enough to open an IRA.

For the 12% SS withholding, yes….we continue that as mandatory, with no withdrawals allowed until retirement, but simoly allow people to pick from pre-approved funds. That’s how my 403b worked. I had 10% deducted from my pay (my choice), and I chose how to invest it from among the options available.
Preapproved by who?

The same government idiots that run social security?

Preapproved by who?

The same government idiots that run social security?
You already asked me that. It’s not ideal, but it would have to be a committee that would choose broad-based funds.

Or, we could go with those target age retirement funds. Do they still have them? Like Fidelity 2020, Fidelity 2030, etc. Granted, they don’t do as well as an educated, sophisticated investor would do on his own, but they still are better than our return on SS as it is.

Ok, I’m thinking out loud here…..what we could do is just have the employer deposit their SS contribution into one of the age-targeted funds, based on thr age of their employee! Yay! We could cut government out of the decision process totally.

You already asked me that. It’s not ideal, but it would have to be a committee that would choose broad-based funds.

Or, we could go with those target age retirement funds. Do they still have them? Like Fidelity 2020, Fidelity 2030, etc. Granted, they don’t do as well as an educated, sophisticated investor would do on his own, but they still are better than our return on SS as it is.

Ok, I’m thinking out loud here…..what we could do is just have the employer deposit their SS contribution into one of the age-targeted funds, based on thr age of their employee! Yay! We could cut government out of the decision process totally.
Those age based funds suck. It's just a gimmick to rack up higher costs.

Wrong.
Almost no one can or does properly plan for retirement unless forced to.
Then that is their problem, isn't it?

You stupidd Moon Bats are always weak on understanding the concept of personal responsiblity, aren't you? You crave that collective shit, don't you?

Now that sounds like a Repub plan to me. A plan that ensures greater wealth disparity, a huge increase in homelessness for the elderly, people dying in the streets....while the rich step over the bodies......a Repub wet dream.
Rick Scott wants to end SS, end Medicare, and have everyone pay a federal income tax no matter how destitute they are. He'll have to build very high walls around his mansion, the one he earned by defrauding the public, to keep out the riff-raff.

TALLAHASSEE — Gov. Rick Scott is used to being attacked for the historic $1.7 billion Medicare fraud fine slapped on his former hospital company.
Sounds like you are a stupid uneducated sorry ass Moon Bat that craves the welfare state more than life itself and shuns the concept of personal responsibility.

How come I have to be forced to give the government my money just because you are too sorry to plan for your retirement?
Who do we owe that to?
Right now a lot of it to the Chinese that made the Biden family filthy ass rich.

Just like a stupid uneducated Moon Bats to not understand the problem with massive debt. Pretty soon the debt service on all that borrowed money will be a trillion dollars a year. That is like all the money the filthy government collects in that shitass income tax.

We have to borrow so much money because those Illegals need their free food, housing, transporation and cell phones, huh? That and giving the military CRT training and subsidizing the Environmental Wacko bullshit.

Liberals don't understand Economics any more than than they don't understand History, Biology, Climate Science, Ethics or the Constitution.

Sounds like you are a stupid uneducated sorry ass Moon Bat that craves the welfare state more than life itself and shuns the concept of personal responsibility.

How come I have to be forced to give the government my money just because you are too sorry to plan for your retirement?

Right now a lot of it to the Chinese that made the Biden family filthy ass rich.

Just like a stupid uneducated Moon Bats to not understand the problem with massive debt. Pretty soon the debt service on all that borrowed money will be a trillion dollars a year. That is like all the money the filthy government collects in that shitass income tax.

We have to borrow so much money because those Illegals need their free food, housing, transporation and cell phones, huh? That and giving the military CRT training and subsidizing the Environmental Wacko bullshit.

Liberals don't understand Economics any more than than they don't understand History, Biology, Climate Science, Ethics or the Constitution.
The liberals have it set so that the irresponsible ones who didn’t save for retirement live BETTER than the responsible savers.

My mother’s senior facility charges a base of $5000 a month. It’s decent, and clean, but it’s not fancy. The kitchens are 20 years old with Formica countertops, the “movie theatre” is an all-purpose room where they set chairs up every evening, a pleasant but plain dining room, etc.

They just opened a new place across the street, and I checked it out. Fancy! Granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, an indoor pool, a dedicated movie theatre, and an upscale dining room with fancy chandeliers. And…..it’s only $1500 a month! The catch? It‘s for people who have less than $50,000 in savings.

IOW, after a lifetime of savings (from both parents) my mother now has too much money to live as well as those who never saved. And of course, it’s all subsidized by taxes of the savers.

That ducks my question.

That ducks my question.
My question is the pertinent one.

Why should I be forced to participate in a stupid government entitlement program just because you stupid uneducated Moon Bats are too damn sorry to provide for your own retirement?

Yes they did.
It would be illegal for the government to give funds to only a few companies, not all, and not require payback.

LOL, illegal for the government. LOL

Banks got TARP, they then got HARP which they used to pay back TARP. HARP was never intended to be paid back. And they suckered you into believing it all.

Forum List

Back