The Coming Sanctuary Cities Crackdown

I'm still not convinced he wanted a first. Anyways there will be no crackdown. Now that he's won, Trump knows he has 4 years to do whatever he wants, and his promises no longer matter.
Yet we now have a president that actually keeps his promises. Funny how this is working out, isn't it.
Obamacare still in place, Muslims not banned, Hillary not in jail, China not a currency manipulator, no term limits for Senators and Congressmen, sanctuary city funding still in place, Iran deal still in place............ should I go on?
Ya, WTF did the obongus do in that same time period and how many cabinet members did he have. Old fuck you suck like all yo snowflake/crybabie comrades...

Here's the complete list of actions Trump has signed so far:

Friday, January 20
Proclamation 9570: National Day of Patriotic Devotion

As one of his first official acts, President Trump declared his inauguration day to be a "National Day of Patriotic Devotion." The tradition goes back to President George H.W. Bush, but Trump's proclamation was less personal and more nationalistic than his predecessors.

Executive Order 13765: Minimizing the Economic Burden of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Pending Repeal

Trump's first executive order was as much a messaging document as a policy-making one, emphasizing Trump administration to seek the repeal of the health insurance law known as Obamacare. While the order was vague about what specific measures the administration will take — using the phrase "to the maximum extent permitted by law" three times — it suggests that federal agencies give states, insurance companies and consumers the maximum amount of flexibility in complying with the law.

Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies: Regulatory Freeze Pending Review

The "regulatory freeze" memo is not technically a presidential action. Following tradition, the memo came from the new president's chief of staff, Reince Priebus. But it has the same force and effect as if the president signed it: An immediate halt to the publication of any new regulations. The freeze lifts when Trump's nominees to lead agencies are confirmed by the Senate. The White House Office of Management and Budget may make exceptions for health, safety, financial, or national security matters.

Monday, January 23
Presidential Memorandum: Withdrawal of the United States From the Trans-Pacific Partnership Negotiations and Agreement

The Trans-Pacific Partnership, or TPP, was a 12-member trade pact of countries along the Pacific Rim. Trump's directive made it 11, formally withdrawing from the trade agreement. While the Obama-negotiated agreement was unlikely to be ratified by Congress anyway, the memorandum also set forth a Trump administration policy of negotiating future trade deals one by one, instead of regional, multi-national agreements.

Presidential Memorandum: Mexico City Policy

The Mexico City Policy, known to critics as the global gag rule, was a Reagan-Bush policy that restricted the use of foreign aid money to support family planning organizations that promote abortion. Trump's memorandum reinstated that policy, which had been rescinded by Obama, but also vastly expanded it: The restriction now applies not just to the State Department and U.S. Agency for International Development, but now all federal funding. And the ban applies to all global health aid, not just family planning.

Presidential Memorandum: Hiring Freeze

Most recent presidents have instituted some kind of hiring freeze, often just long enough for the president's new cabinet members to be confirmed so they can make their own hiring decisions. While Trump makes an exception for the military, it also forbids contracting to circumvent the ban. The order calls for a long-term plan to reduce the federal workforce within 90 days.

Tuesday, January 24
Presidential Memorandum: Construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline

The Obama administration scuttled the proposed 1,179-mile cross-border pipeline from Alberta to Nebraska, which Republicans had supported as a job-booster. Trump invited pipeline company, Transcanada, "to promptly resubmit its application," and ordered the secretary of State to make a decision within 60 days, fast-tracking existing procedural requirements.

Presidential Memorandum: Construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline

A separate order applied to the Dakota Access Pipeline, a 1,172-mile pipeline from North Dakota to Illinois. That project has been the subject of heated protests by American Indian groups and environmentalists. Because the pipeline crosses waterways, it needs approval from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and Trump ordered the Army to "review and approve in an expedited manner" the permit.

Presidential Memorandum:Construction of American Pipelines

Trump asked the secretary of Commerce to review ways to mandate the use of American-made steel in pipeline projects. for all new, expanded or retrofitted pipelines in the United States. The plan is due in six months.

Executive Order 13766: Expediting Environmental Reviews and Approvals for High Priority Infrastructure Projects

The order sets up a new system to fast-track infrastructure projects. Under the executive order, any governor or cabinet secretary can ask for a project to be designated as high-priority. If the chairman of the White House Council on Environmental Quality approves, the project will go to the front of the line for any agency required to review and approve the project.

Presidential Memorandum:Streamlining Permitting and Reducing Regulatory Burdens for Domestic Manufacturing

Under this order, the secretary of Commerce will launch a review of manufacturing regulations with the goal of streamlining those rules. The secretary will seek input on the issue over the next 60 days, with a report to Trump containing specific proposals 60 days after that.

Wednesday, January 25
Proclamation 9571: National School Choice Week, 2017

Trump proclaimed the week of Jan, 22 as National School Choice week. Though the proclamation was entirely ceremonial, Trump is the first president ever to proclaim this week, which is sponsored by a coalition of charter, magnet, private, online and home schools.

Executive Order 13767: Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements

This is the "build the wall" executive order, directing the Customs and Border Patrol to "secure the southern border of the United States through the immediate construction of a physical wall on the southern border." The order also directs the hiring of 5,000 more border patrol officers. The order does not specify how the wall would be paid for, but does request a report on all U.S. foreign aid to Mexico over the last five years.

Executive Order 13768: Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States

Complementing the border wall, this executive order applies to immigration enforcement in the interior, and specifically targets so-called "sanctuary cities" by cutting off their federal funding. The order also expands the enforcement priorities in order to give immigration officers almost unlimited discretion in instituting deportation proceedings, to include any non-citizen not yet charged a crime but who, in the judgment of an immigration officer, poses a risk to public safety or national security.

Friday, January 27
Executive Order: Protecting the Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into The United States

This is perhaps Trump's most controversial executive order to date, leading to weekend protests at international airports across the country. Trump promised to keep "radical Islamic terrorists" out of the country, largely though a ban on entry from seven countries for 90 days. Those countries (Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen) are all majority Muslim, and the order allows an exception for religious minorities, which Trump said was to protect Christians there. The order was subject to immediate action in three federal courts in the 48 hours after its signing, in order to protect people who were caught in legal limbo when they arrived at U.S. airports.

National Security Presidential Memorandum 1: Rebuilding the U.S. Armed Forces

The presidential national security memorandum — a first-of-its-kind presidential directive — calls for a 30-day review of military readiness. It requires the the Pentagon and Office of Management and Budget to come up with a plan to bolster the military, and calls for an examination of the nation's nuclear arsenal and missile-defense capabilities.

Saturday, January 28
Executive Order: Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Employees

In one sense, Trump's executive order on administration ethics goes further than any similar order in history, imposing a lifetime ban on administration officials lobbying foreign governments, and a five-year ban on other types of lobbying. But that ban covers only people who were lobbyists before they joined the administration, leaving a loophole for non-lobbyists, ethics experts said.

National Security Presidential Memorandum 2: Organization of the National Security Council and the Homeland Security Council

Every modern president signs an order early in his term reorganizing the National Security Council. Trump's order most notably added his chief political strategist, Stephen Bannon, to sit on the influential Principals Committee.

National Security Presidential Memorandum 3: Plan to Defeat the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria

This memorandum calls for the Secretary of Defense, in consultation with other national security officials, to develop a plan within 30 days to defeat the Islamic State. The plan should include "recommended changes to any United States rules of engagement" as well as any diplomatic, financial or cyber measures that the Trump administration can take.

Monday, January 30
Executive Order: Reducing Regulation and Controlling Regulatory Costs

Trump's so-called "one in, two out" executive order would require agencies to rescind two existing regulations for every one new regulation — and that the regulatory costs of those new regulations balance out. The order would also tighten the president's grip on the regulatory process by giving each agency an annual quota of regulations through the federal budgeting process.

President Trump's executive actions: The complete list so far

Last edited:
I'm still not convinced he wanted a first. Anyways there will be no crackdown. Now that he's won, Trump knows he has 4 years to do whatever he wants, and his promises no longer matter.
Yet we now have a president that actually keeps his promises. Funny how this is working out, isn't it.
Obamacare still in place, Muslims not banned, Hillary not in jail, China not a currency manipulator, no term limits for Senators and Congressmen, sanctuary city funding still in place, Iran deal still in place............ should I go on?

LOL ---- what alternate universe do you live in?

Do you deny that he has moved all those programs forward ---- despite the interference and obfuscation by the Democrats?
LOL :lmao:

Do you deny that he has moved all those programs forward ---- despite the interference and obfuscation by the Democrats?

Great response. Way to prove i'm wrong.

I'm impressed with your fifth grade skills. God forbid somebody should ask you to discuss an issue like an adult.

I'm impressed with your fifth grade skills. God forbid somebody should ask you to discuss an issue like an adult.

But, but he's old school...rolmao :lmao:

He's moved those programs forward as far as Obama moved closing Guantanamo. But hey, at least coal mines can dump waste in your river now! :clap:

Texas Governor Pushing Legislation That Could Jail Sheriffs of Sanctuary Cities
"This is something that Americans cannot and will not tolerate, and that is crime by public policy because of neglect of enforcing the rule of law."

News

Mark Tapson

On Newsmax TV’s The Steve Malzberg Show Wednesday, Texas' Republican Governor Greg Abbott told host Malzberg that he will confront the issue of cities that refuse to comply with immigration law by signing legislation that could jail sheriffs of sanctuary cities.

Abbott said, “We have been pushing a piece of legislation in Texas that is going to pass that I will be signing into law that imposes even sterner penalties on counties. It will include things such as further defunding them. It will impose fines. And it could impose jail time for these sheriffs to enforce the laws. Oddly enough, these sheriffs could wind up behind the very bars they are releasing these criminals from.”

Malzberg went on to question the whole premise behind protecting illegals, which Abbot called a "bogus argument": "They're saying that they're going to promote obeying the law by promoting lawlessness. And so, it's a flawed strategy."

Texas Governor Pushing Legislation That Could Jail Sheriffs of Sanctuary Cities

I
Do you also believe a world war could be won in two hours because that's what happened when you watched the movie Patton?

Last edited:

Its a marathon....

Not a sprint

Relax

-Geaux

TEXAS GOV. LAYS DOWN THE LAW AGAINST SANCTUARY CITY SHERIFFS
The guardians of sanctuary cities may soon be facing jail-time in the Lone Star State.
April 3, 2017

Matthew Vadum
greg_abbott_governor_of_texas_26279225765.jpg

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said he’s itching to sign state legislation that could imprison county sheriffs in the Lone Star State if they refuse to cooperate with federal immigration law enforcement authorities.

Abbott is an avowed foe of the so-called sanctuary movement, which is a key component of today’s left-wing activist repertoire. Its supporters are the soft-headed souls who carry protest signs emblazoned with the red-herring of a slogan “no human being is illegal” and who apply all the usual smear-adjectives – including racist, xenophobic, and Islamophobic – to anyone who supports having secure borders. The movement gave illegal aliens permission to rob, rape, and murder Americans by, among other things, stigmatizing immigration enforcement.

Some left-wingers use the dreadful euphemism "civil liberties safe zones" to describe sanctuary jurisdictions. The phrase blurs the distinction between citizens and non-citizens by implying illegal aliens somehow possess a civil right to be present in the U.S.

Abbott, a Republican, is fed up with local governments refusing to hand over illegal aliens to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

Texas Gov. Lays Down The Law Against Sanctuary City Sheriffs

Congressman Lou Barletta’s Bill To Defund Sanctuary Cities
Getting the new year off to a great start.
January 9, 2017
Michael Cutler
rew.jpeg

Time and again our elected political “representatives” on all levels of government have acted in ways that failed to truly represent the best interests of America and Americans.

Time and again my articles have focused on my frustration and anger over how all too many politicians have obstructed the effective enforcement of our nation’s immigration laws.

I have written extensively about how members of Congress who supported so-called, “Comprehensive Immigration Reform” blithely ignored the findings and, indeed, warnings about the 9/11 Commission by concocting legislation that would provide unknown millions of illegal aliens with official identity documents and lawful status even though there would be no way to conduct interviews or field investigations to screen to combat immigration fraud. Visa fraud and immigration benefit fraud were identified as key entry and embedding tactics of international terrorists.

“Sanctuary Cities” created by rogue mayors operate in direct opposition of Title 8 U.S. Code § 1324 - (Bringing in and harboring certain aliens), an immigration criminal statute that address harboring, shielding, aiding and abetting, encouraging and inducing aliens to enter the United States illegally and/or remain in the United States illegally after entry.

Today, however, we have cause to be optimistic. Congressman Lou Barletta who truly represents the citizens of his home town of Hazleton, Pennsylvania and, in so doing, all Americans from coast to coast and border to border has, for the third time, introduced legislation that would strip all federal funding from cities that fail to cooperate fully with immigration law enforcement activities.

I am proud that Lou has become a personal friend.

Prior to his election to Congress he was the mayor of Hazleton. He was shocked when his peaceful town was, for lack of a better term, invaded by a violent Dominican narcotics-trafficking gang that engaged in drug dealing and violent crimes including murder.

Although he approached the administration of President George W. Bush and asked for federal assistance in confronting these illegal criminal aliens, the administration refused to help. As a consequence he promulgated the first ordinances that penalized employers who knowingly hired illegal aliens and landlords who would knowingly provide housing to illegal aliens.

He was promptly sued in federal court by advocates for illegal aliens. I was his final witness at the trial that ensued.

Lou was first elected to Congress in 2011. He is currently a member of several committees including:

House Homeland Security Committee

Subcommittee on Border and Maritime Security

Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence

Lou is certainly an asset to those committees and to America.

While Obama would never sign the legislation that Lou proposed in the past, it is a near certainty that Trump would be eager to sign that bill into law thereby helping the soon-to-be president achieve one of his first goals.

All that would remain would be for Congress to pass Lou’s important bill to get it to President Trump’s desk after January 20th.

It is important that you reach out to your member of Congress and insist that he/she supports this vital legislation.

Congressman Lou Barletta’s Bill To Defund Sanctuary Cities
The Right say anything for a vote.

I thought you could get into a world of trouble if you're caught willingly hiring an illegal. Is that no longer the case in these sanctuary cities?

Trump Admin to Block Cities from Providing Sanctuary for Illegal Aliens
Otherwise known as following the law.

News

Trey Sanchez

28754205634_761f425380_c.jpg

There have been many cases lately of local jurisdictions skirting federal law and providing sanctuary to illegal aliens. The Trump administration is seeking to stop this and is doing so through the fiscal 2018 budget.

If passed by Congress, the Justice Department, led by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, won’t be cut from communications by local governments seeking to exploit loopholes that protect unlawful immigrants. For instance, local law enforcement would be required to detain inmates 48 hours longer before releasing them to give federal immigration agents enough time to properly check their statuses. In addition, the proposal would reverse local bans on inquiries about a person’s nationality or legal status. Non-compliance would result in withholding federal grants from the Justice Department and Homeland Security.

But the amended law wouldn’t have to be there if cities did what they were supposed to do in the first place and follow the law of the land which requires immigrants come to the country legally and be deported if they break the law. Simple.

H/T Washington Times

Trump Admin to Block Cities from Providing Sanctuary for Illegal Aliens

The law of the land is that states and local governments are not required to enforce immigration law. The states cannot be forced to do something that is unconstitutional. That is not providing sanctuary to illegals. Besides it will take 60 votes in the Senate which will never happen.

The law of the land is that states and local governments are not required to enforce immigration law. The states cannot be forced to do something that is unconstitutional. That is not providing sanctuary to illegals. Besides it will take 60 votes in the Senate which will never happen.
upload_2017-5-26_12-15-48.png

Ok so my maid from El Salvador runs over someone and I declare she has sanctuary in my house
Do you think Any local state or federal law enforcement will obey my declaration?
Of course not and should be No different across the board

Ok so my maid from El Salvador runs over someone and I declare she has sanctuary in my house
Do you think Any local state or federal law enforcement will obey my declaration?
Of course not and should be No different across the board
Does your El Salvadoran maid have a sister?

They'll just cut your federal funds on anything they want, and people can boycott those cities...

‘Kate’s Law’ Passes House, Trump Praises Anti-SanctuaryVote
The crackdown on sanctuary cities continues.

News

Trey Sanchez

screenshot-5_29_2016-2_09_48-am.jpg

The House passed both Kate’s Law and the No Sanctuary for Criminals Act on Thursday and President Trump praised the votes:

The president went on to urge the Senate “to take up these bills, pass them, and send them to my desk.”

During her White House press briefing, deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders listed several victims murdered by illegal aliens. Watch below:

‘Kate’s Law’ Passes House, Trump Praises Anti-Sanctuary Vote

Forum List

Back