The City of Seattle is lead by IDIOTS. Seattle Considers Banning Lap Dances

Jimmyeatworld said:
As long as you don't stand naked in front of the mirror for too long.

for yourself...then again ya are right...sorta kinda! but what is great about being in ones "fall" years is... we have for the most part been there done that...so looking in the moirror is not such a bad experience! When we are young and full of piss and vinegar' we think we can take on the world...when we get a little older we just say "Oh shit" here we go again...lol :beer:

you may want to re-read the post. this has nothing to do with gays...it has to do with strip clubs and lap dances.

I'm not the one who brought it up, read the first post and then talk to dmp if you have a problem with it.

My state passed a law banning lap dances this year, right now it's in the courts. In my state it was the religious right that forced our GOP controlled legislature to pass the bill and our GOP governor who ran on a hard-right platform to sign it. The bill blatantly violates both the state and federal constitutions, but politics come first for the GOP of Missouri, not being true to the oath they took when they became Representatives, Senators and the Governor.

The bill here not only banned lap dances, it placed strict regulations on the hours "adult business" could be open (including being closed on Sundays) and banned them from having private movie viewing booths. This includes strip clubs and adult book/video stores. To me, this is big brother government at it's worst.

acludem

acludem said:
My state passed a law banning lap dances this year, right now it's in the courts. In my state it was the religious right that forced our GOP controlled legislature to pass the bill and our GOP governor who ran on a hard-right platform to sign it. The bill blatantly violates both the state and federal constitutions, but politics come first for the GOP of Missouri, not being true to the oath they took when they became Representatives, Senators and the Governor.

The bill here not only banned lap dances, it placed strict regulations on the hours "adult business" could be open (including being closed on Sundays) and banned them from having private movie viewing booths. This includes strip clubs and adult book/video stores. To me, this is big brother government at it's worst.

acludem

Man, there is moral fabric mending all over the place!

acludem said:

How on earth do you arrive at the conclusion that lap dancing is protected by the Constitution?? :wtf:

Freedom of expression for sure, freedom of assembly maybe? :laugh:

It violated our state constitution, btw, because of the form of the bill. Our state constitution requires that bills contain only one subject. The GOP tried to lump this is in with a "crime" bill.

acludem

acludem said:
Freedom of expression for sure, freedom of assembly maybe? :laugh:

I don't think lap dances count as "speech." And freedom of assembly... only if the dancer and the patron are "assembling" each other! :D

Seriously, though, not all actions that people take will fall under the "freedom of speech" umbrella.

It violated our state constitution, btw, because of the form of the bill. Our state constitution requires that bills contain only one subject. The GOP tried to lump this is in with a "crime" bill.

If it made lap dancing a crime, how is that two subjects? I'm not trying to argue on this particular point, but I still don't get it.

Forum List

Back