The CHIPS act - delivering $52B in subsidies to the massively profitable semiconductor industry - has passed Congress after being bloated out to $280B

All they had to do is just like what was done to foreign cars - a certain percentage must be made in the US.

But you can’t pay off your buddies that way.

Would you rather support computer chips for use in cars, logic controls, avionics, defense systems, your PC, Laptop, TV and refrigerator made here or in subsidized China?
Which do you prefer, greater supply of domestic wind turbines or uninterrupted supply of computer chips, which were blamed for the huge increase in automobile prices during and after the pandemic?

All they had to do is just like what was done to foreign cars - a certain percentage must be made in the US.

But you can’t pay off your buddies that way.

Make up your friggin mind. Do you want manufacturing in this country again? Or are you just stuck in partisan political football mode because you can't see past your alt-right views?

Would you rather support computer chips for use in cars, logic controls, avionics, defense systems, your PC, Laptop, TV and refrigerator made here or in subsidized China?
Which do you prefer, greater supply of domestic wind turbines or uninterrupted supply of computer chips, which were blamed for the huge increase in automobile prices during and after the pandemic?
the better way to do that is through private investors

Learn to read.
Like cars, a certain percentage of chips sold here must be made here.

But you’re just a useful idiot parroting bullshit so your masters can get richer.

Learn to read.

But you’re just a useful idiot parroting bullshit so your masters can get richer.
And yet the reason we aren’t manufacturing enough cars is because the manufacturers don’t have enough

Yea

CHIPS

Learn to read.

Your way has not worked. It is expensive to get off the ground and it is competing with suppliers subsidized on startup by foreign government.
I don't care if your foreign investments pay off for you or not.

And? What is your specific objection to the act given the fact that you rant and rave about manufacturing in this country?

I can read. I just want to know what your ulterior motive is here.
Other than the government printing and dumping into the economy billions of our personal money into the hands of mega corporations making huge profits?

Funny how you Leftards are really the true Allie’s of big Pharma and mega corporations.

Other than the government printing and dumping into the economy billions of our personal money into the hands of mega corporations making huge profits?

Funny how you Leftards are really the true Allie’s of big Pharma and mega corporations.
So now you're a consumer advocate?..LOL. When someone like Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders rails against corporate profits, you ridicule them, calling them anti-business.
Now, you wanna stick up for the little guy...sheesh. As I stated earlier. Make..up..your..mind!! :)

Make up your friggin mind. Do you want manufacturing in this country again? Or are you just stuck in partisan political football mode because you can't see past your alt-right views?
I wonder why that hasn’t happened?

I wonder why the manufacture of chips is done overseas anyway.

Oh wait. That’s how investors want it

Translation - "The middle class subsidizing the billionaire / millionaire investor class is perfectly acceptable as long as the Democrats are the ones doing it and not those greedy corporate ass kissing Republicans."

Forum List

Back