The Case For Total Anarchism:not only should we abolish government, we must stop obsessive compulsive control of our own lives & leave it up to nature

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
There is so much evidence that life does quite well on its own. The planets stay in orbit, tiny seeds grow into giant trees, weather patterns have kept forests across the globe watered for millions of years, and a single fertilized cell grows into a beautiful baby. We are not doing any of these things as conscious acts of will; they are all being done by the incomprehensible perfection of life itself. All these amazing events, and countless more, are being carried out by forces of life that have been around for billions of years—the very same forces of life that we are consciously pitting our will against on a daily basis. If the natural unfolding of the process of life can create and take care of the entire universe, is it really reasonable for us to assume that nothing good will happen unless we force it to?

So what is the purpose of the universe? Where did it come from?

That the universe survived creation wasn't a simple, easy, no-brainer. The odds that the universe would survive the big-bang are impossible. So why are we here?

If you study the origin of the universe there are certain parameters that are set so precisely that it could not have been a random act.

• Banned
So what is the purpose of the universe? Where did it come from?

That the universe survived creation wasn't a simple, easy, no-brainer. The odds that the universe would survive the big-bang are impossible. So why are we here?

If you study the origin of the universe there are certain parameters that are set so precisely that it could not have been a random act.
If life can manifest the DNA molecule on its own, not to mention create the human brain, how is it that we feel that we have to control everything on our own? There must be another, more sane way to approach life. For example, what would happen if we respected the flow of life and used our free will to participate in what’s unfolding, instead of fighting it? What would be the quality of the life that unfolds? Would it just be random events with no order or meaning, or would the same perfection of order and meaning that manifests in the rest of the universe manifest in the everyday life around us?

What we have here is the basis for an amazing experiment. At the heart of the experiment is a simple question: Am I better off making up an alternate reality in my mind and then fighting with reality to make it be my way, or am I better off letting go of what I want and serving the same forces of reality that managed to create the entire perfection of the universe around me? This experiment would not be about dropping out of life; it would be about leaping into life to live in a place where we are no longer controlled by our personal fears and desires

If life can manifest the DNA molecule on its own, not to mention create the human brain, how is it that we feel that we have to control everything on our own? There must be another, more sane way to approach life. For example, what would happen if we respected the flow of life and used our free will to participate in what’s unfolding, instead of fighting it? What would be the quality of the life that unfolds? Would it just be random events with no order or meaning, or would the same perfection of order and meaning that manifests in the rest of the universe manifest in the everyday life around us?

What we have here is the basis for an amazing experiment. At the heart of the experiment is a simple question: Am I better off making up an alternate reality in my mind and then fighting with reality to make it be my way, or am I better off letting go of what I want and serving the same forces of reality that managed to create the entire perfection of the universe around me? This experiment would not be about dropping out of life; it would be about leaping into life to live in a place where we are no longer controlled by our personal fears and desires
Your post is about abstractions. Mother Nature isn't giving any orders.

So how is Capitalism different than Darwinism? There are winners and losers. Winners adapt and evolve, losers die off.

So how is Capitalism different than Darwinism? There are winners and losers. Winners adapt and evolve, losers die off.

Everyone dies off ... some just have nicer funerals.

Forum List

Back