The British Empire Shame Thread

You Brits should be ashamed. Us Americans have nothing like that in our history. :dance:

The British suck. However, if they didn't, we could possibly be living there..
They have invaded almost every country on earth; played their part in the destabilization of the
ME etc etc HOWEVER, a lot of statists should like Europe. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be HALF as globalized without them!

Deny the British empire's crimes? No, we ignore them | George Monbiot

Spreading the love in Kenya.

Interrogation under torture was widespread. Many of the men were anally raped, using knives, broken bottles, rifle barrels, snakes and scorpions. A favourite technique was to hold a man upside down, his head in a bucket of water, while sand was rammed into his rectum with a stick. Women were gang-raped by the guards. People were mauled by dogs and electrocuted. The British devised a special tool which they used for first crushing and then ripping off testicles. They used pliers to mutilate women's breasts. They cut off inmates' ears and fingers and gouged out their eyes. They dragged people behind Land Rovers until their bodies disintegrated. Men were rolled up in barbed wire and kicked around the compound.

Even Guantanamo isnt quite that bad.

Interrogation under torture was widespread. Many of the men were anally raped, using knives, broken bottles, rifle barrels, snakes and scorpions. A favourite technique was to hold a man upside down, his head in a bucket of water, while sand was rammed into his rectum with a stick. Women were gang-raped by the guards. People were mauled by dogs and electrocuted. The British devised a special tool which they used for first crushing and then ripping off testicles. They used pliers to mutilate women's breasts. They cut off inmates' ears and fingers and gouged out their eyes. They dragged people behind Land Rovers until their bodies disintegrated. Men were rolled up in barbed wire and kicked around the compound.

What's your point dude? If it is in the past then how this generation could possibly be responsible for it?

What's your point dude? If it is in the past then how this generation could possibly be responsible for it?

There are several points but I suppose the main one is that people are very quick to condemn one group in society for the actions of a few whilst ignoring the actions of others. Are the awful actions of ISIS any worse than those of the British, or American governments ?
I hate hypocrisy although I accept that much of it is based on ignorance.

Memorial%252520at%252520Jallianwala%252520Bagh.jpg

Jallianwala Bagh massacre

There are several points but I suppose the main one is that people are very quick to condemn one group in society for the actions of a few whilst ignoring the actions of others. Are the awful actions of ISIS any worse than those of the British, or American governments ?
ISIS is in the present therefore it needs to be dealt with. What was in the past has been dealt with, move on dude. If you live in the past you will miss out on the present wasting your life.

That incident was covered in the film Gandhi. Typical that some elements of reactionary England should see him as a hero.

ISIS is in the present therefore it needs to be dealt with. What was in the past has been dealt with, move on dude. If you live in the past you will miss out on the present wasting your life.
Isis needs dealing with. However the overwhelming law abiding muslim majority does not need to be dealt with. Do you see the point I am making ? British government atrocities should not indict the vast majority of the British public and vice versa.
I also believe that the past has not been dealt with properly and that British misrule has caused much of the present mess the world is in.

Isis needs dealing with. However the overwhelming law abiding muslim majority does not need to be dealt with. Do you see the point I am making ? British government atrocities should not indict the vast majority of the British public and vice versa.
I also believe that the past has not been dealt with properly and that British misrule has caused much of the present mess the world is in.
I recommend you to go digging irrigation ditches in Kenya or something, maybe that will help you in attaining to peace within.

By tearing down British history and culture, he justifies the lack of concern the modern political elite has for maintain or protecting British culture or interests.

Here is something a bit more recent. Thatcher allowed this paedo to keep his title. A real pillar of the establishment, both of them.

Margaret Thatcher warned of paedophile scandal, secret documents reveal

That has nothing to do with the British Empire. That was ended long before Thatcher was in charge.

Indeed, the only reason to post it is if this is NOT a historical discussion, but is a political attack on British heritage, as I said it was.

It is a damn shame I can't rank my own post as Winner of the Thread. Because I just won this thread.

Here is something a bit more recent. Thatcher allowed this paedo to keep his title. A real pillar of the establishment, both of them.

Margaret Thatcher warned of paedophile scandal, secret documents reveal

That has nothing to do with the British Empire. That was ended long before Thatcher was in charge.

Indeed, the only reason to post it is if this is NOT a historical discussion, but is a political attack on British heritage, as I said it was.

It is a damn shame I can't rank my own post as Winner of the Thread. Because I just won this thread.
Its the same people who ran the Empire. You understand very little about Britain.

Forum List

Back