The brilliance of our drug laws.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
Many states are allowing individuals to possess small amounts of drugs for personal use. This includes most of the popular drugs.

Guess what the retail sales model of the drug cartels is? Yep, selling small amounts of drugs to individuals for personal use.

There are no words.:disbelief:

Last edited:
As long as drugs are illegal, the bad guys will be in control.
Legalizing the possession, sale, distribution & manufacture would be the drug cartels worst nightmare. Apply free market principles and the criminals power is broken or at least greatly diminished.

Many years ago, before cocaine caught on, the importation of marijuana was the major drug problem we had. It was run by criminal organizations & drove a lot of crime in our country.
Now, not so much.
I may not want to do it but I have no right to tell a fellow free person what they can or can't do if it does no harm to anyone else.
God gave us all free will. It's a beautiful thing but it can also carry consequences

As long as drugs are illegal, the bad guys will be in control.
Legalizing the possession, sale, distribution & manufacture would be the drug cartels worst nightmare. Apply free market principles and the criminals power is broken or at least greatly diminished.

Many years ago, before cocaine caught on, the importation of marijuana was the major drug problem we had. It was run by criminal organizations & drove a lot of crime in our country.
Now, not so much.
I may not want to do it but I have no right to tell a fellow free person what they can or can't do if it does no harm to anyone else.
God gave us all free will. It's a beautiful thing but it can also carry consequences
The cartels now enjoy 'legalized possession and use'. If they can get it to their consumers they're home free.

It does cause harm to others, great harm. That's the problem.

Many states are allowing individuals to possess small amounts of drugs for personal use. This includes most of the popular drugs.

Guess what the retail sales model of the drug cartels is? Yep, selling small amounts of drugs to individuals for personal use.

Drug cartels don't do retail. :auiqs.jpg:
They ship in bulk.

The dealers take care of that.
Legalize them all. Decriminalize them across the board. Tax them.
The violence and profiteering will be gone almost overnight. Sure,
you'll have addicts, but that will always be the case.

The war on drugs is a cataclysmic failure. Time to put a stop to it.

Drug cartels don't do retail. :auiqs.jpg:
They ship in bulk.

The dealers take care of that.
Legalize them all. Decriminalize them across the board. Tax them.
The violence and profiteering will be gone almost overnight. Sure,
you'll have addicts, but that will always be the case.

The war on drugs is a cataclysmic failure. Time to put a stop to it.
The cartels exercise control right up to the street dealer level.

We have been fighting a false war on drugs. It's time to fight a real one.

There will be more bloodshed with legalization as cartels compete in an expanded market. They can undercut the price of legally produced drugs as is shown with the pot trade. Even legal pot retailers are now selling cheaper illegal pot out the back door.

There will be more bloodshed with legalization as cartels compete in an expanded market. They can undercut the price of legally produced drugs as is shown with the pot trade. Even legal pot retailers are now selling cheaper illegal pot out the back door.
What "real" war on drugs would you like to ramp up to? Cause the one we've been fighting so far has been a rousing success. :rolleyes:
The taxation and regulation of drugs will be what ultimately ends the stalemate.

What "real" war on drugs would you like to ramp up to? Cause the one we've been fighting so far has been a rousing success. :rolleyes:
The taxation and regulation of drugs will be what ultimately ends the stalemate.
Lock up the addicts and the problem will go away.

where are legal pot retailers selling cheaper illegal pot out the back door?...

You couldn't build enough jails. I mean, literally.
And you're not solving the underlying problem.
Not jails, secure facilities, and only temporarily.

We can't solve the problem of human moral weakness, we can only deal with the consequences, and try to prevent it from getting worse.

Last edited:
where are legal pot retailers selling cheaper illegal pot out the back door?...
I read an article written by a dealer who confessed that in order to stay in business he had to sell illegal pot out of the 'back door'.

Last edited:
that doesnt back up what you said.....those ones mentioned were unlicensed which makes them illegal....you said legal ones were selling out the back door.....

Some were forced to in order to stay in business.

Sorry, I couldn't find the original article. But you can get a hint from the ones I posted.

Not jails, secure facilities, and only temporarily.

We can't solve the problem of human moral weakness, we can only deal with the consequences.
We have those. They are called treatment centers and hospitals. They aren't prisons. Temporary or permanent.
You are right, we can't solve addiction. But can eliminate the violence and profiteering that is the cause of the carnage.

We have those. They are called treatment centers and hospitals. They aren't prisons. Temporary or permanent.
You are right, we can't solve addiction. But can eliminate the violence and profiteering that is the cause of the carnage.
We need to build many more such facilities.

Bullseye! All the 'profits' come from users and addicts. Lock them up and the flow of money stops and with it the flow of drugs and the violence that goes with it.

"Where the carcass is the eagle will gather."

There's no shortage of 'eagles', but 'carcasses' are limited.

While possession might not be a crime selling is.

There's no brilliance in drug laws that lock thousands of citizens up in jail, but ignore social responsible solutions.

Some were forced to in order to stay in business.

Sorry, I couldn't find the original article. But you can get a hint from the ones I posted.
no i cant get a hint,once again the shops in your story was from illegal shops.... if a legal shop got caught doing that the jail time and fines would be pretty bad.....i cant see a legal shop owner risking that.....out here in Nevada the shop i go to is always full and the penalties and fines for violating any laws out here are pretty severe....

no i cant get a hint,once again the shops in your story was from illegal shops.... if a legal shop got caught doing that the jail time and fines would be pretty bad.....i cant see a legal shop owner risking that.....out here in Nevada the shop i go to is always full and the penalties and fines for violating any laws out here are pretty severe....
Not everyone is doing it, just enough to make it a thing.

Forum List

Back