The Black American Fight For Freedom (BBC)

I dont know if this is available over there.

Its basically explaining why America is where it is today. It starts with the fight against segregated housing in Chicago and features Dorothy Guatreaux a black woman who had the outrageous belief that as an American she could live where she chose.

It showed the barriers she faced from whitey in Chicago She won her case but very little changed.

It moves on to Detroit and the case of Helen Moore , a lady who wanted to send her kids to a better school. It explains how housing affects shooling and eventually life chances. The better off areas get better funded schools and it becomes self perpetuating.

Mrs Moore won her case but it then went to the Supreme Court. They agreed that she was suffering discrimination but declined to back the solution of bussing.

The film moves on to the Justice system but I had lost the will to live and I will watch that later.

Its a sobering watch but it trashed the usual racist bolloks we hear on these forums.

what racist bolloks.? Have you encountered americans here who DO NOT KNOW
that school districts vary across "neighborhoods". It is a fact. Schools are funded
by LOCAL TAXES
Tommy is a european authoritarian. He LIVES for propaganda.
As well as the grimiest place in Europe no one wants to go to.
The worst weather, poverty at every corner and bad moods on every corner.

Its basically explaining why America is where it is today. It starts with the fight against segregated housing in Chicago and features Dorothy Guatreaux a black woman who had the outrageous belief that as an American she could live where she chose.

It showed the barriers she faced from whitey in Chicago She won her case but very little changed.

It moves on to Detroit and the case of Helen Moore , a lady who wanted to send her kids to a better school. It explains how housing affects shooling and eventually life chances. The better off areas get better funded schools and it becomes self perpetuating.

Mrs Moore won her case but it then went to the Supreme Court. They agreed that she was suffering discrimination but declined to back the solution of bussing.

The film moves on to the Justice system but I had lost the will to live and I will watch that later.

Its a sobering watch but it trashed the usual racist bolloks we hear on these forums.
We have the BBC over here, had it for years. You seem to be ignorant in that regard.

Have you ever looked at your own racism?

Why do you attack America for a problem you can't seem to take care of either and worse yet, ignore it and put the spotlight somewhere else?

I think you should be more concerned about racism in your own backyard instead of worrying about another country overseas.
Well the film was about America.

Are you saying that going to school with a bunch of white kids and living with a bunch of white kids is better than going to school with a bunch of black kids and living with a bunch of black kids? That's Wacist..
What I am saying is that going to a better funded school is better than going to a poorly funded school. Thats pretty basic stuff.
Depends on if its in the hood or in a decent place.

Are you saying that going to school with a bunch of white kids and living with a bunch of white kids is better than going to school with a bunch of black kids and living with a bunch of black kids? That's Wacist..
What I am saying is that going to a better funded school is better than going to a poorly funded school. Thats pretty basic stuff.
The doc argues that the hood is a manufactured environment. Its difficult to disagree with.

The doc argues that the hood is a manufactured environment. Its difficult to disagree with.
Manufactured by the lazy scum and gangs that infest it, correct. Then managed by pathetic Democrat politicians.

We have the BBC over here, had it for years. You seem to be ignorant in that regard.

Why do you attack America for a problem you can't seem to take care of either and worse yet, ignore it and put the spotlight somewhere else?

I think you should be more concerned about racism in your own backyard instead of worrying about another country overseas.
Because the BBC is trying to make other countries look worse and they gloss over how bad racism is in your country.

Because the BBC is trying to make other countries look worse and they gloss over how bad racism is in your country.
You would need to watch the film before making that comment.

Manufactured by liberal social policies that was designed to segregate blacks into slum housing projects.
It worked flawlessly. Prior to these policies and building mass housing units all over the map - America was reasonably unsegregated. After - whole cities overnight became segregated.
And the Democrats applauded.

Sure, maybe Brits should worry about Brits and we can worry about Americans. We have a lot of work ahead of us and so do you. When you get your own problems figured out then you will have room to talk. So far most Brits don’t even acknowledge a problem.

Moon Bats are always confused about things like this.

It is not a Negro fight for freedom. It is the goddamn Negroes fighting for more welfare.

Britain is almost 90% white... there are not enough minorities over there for Tainted Tommy to virtue signal over, so he post here.

Manufactured by liberal social policies that was designed to segregate blacks into slum housing projects.
It worked flawlessly. Prior to these policies and building mass housing units all over the map - America was reasonably unsegregated. After - whole cities overnight became segregated.
That wasnt mentioned in the film. It seemed that housing policy was an extension of Jim Crow and designed to keep black folk out of white neighbourhoods. A bit like Soweto.
Perhaps you have a link to illustrate the point you are making ?

Sure, maybe Brits should worry about Brits and we can worry about Americans. We have a lot of work ahead of us and so do you. When you get your own problems figured out then you will have room to talk. So far most Brits don’t even acknowledge a problem.
Well I do worry a lot about life in the UK. However, I have this gift whereby I can consider and discuss several subjects at the same time.

Britain is almost 90% white... there are not enough minorities over there for Tainted Tommy to virtue signal over, so he post here.
True, a little country like that has no understanding of the what we or our country is about. Utah by it’s self has a larger population than Wales and Britain’s population is only 60 million and not even a tenth of the area of the US. I think the want to pretend to be relevant.

Well I do worry a lot about life in the UK. However, I have this gift whereby I can consider and discuss several subjects at the same time.
You just think you can, but you are the idiot that believes Portland and Seattle haven’t changed. When were you in either city last?

Better funded doesn’t mean shit idiot. We’ve tried throwing money at shit schools. We found out we were throwing good money after bad.

Better funded doesn’t mean shit idiot. We’ve tried throwing money at shit schools. We found out we were throwing good money after bad.
It is all interlinked, You wont sort it by some token gestures.

That wasnt mentioned in the film. It seemed that housing policy was an extension of Jim Crow and designed to keep black folk out of white neighbourhoods. A bit like Soweto.
That's funny.... "a link".... if you are not familiar with the liberal social policies between the Democrats and blacks from the 1960s - 1980s.... then what the hell are you posting on an American forum about Black struggles??
Seriously... how could it be possible you don't know?
You never heard of welfare?? Never heard of the housing projects? Never heard of the schools they built next to the projects - so black kids would go there and not white neighborhoods?? Never heard of mass test standards lowered so blacks looked like they were doing ok...when their actual education was little better than 3rd grade??
If a documentary you watched doesn't cover the single largest reason why blacks are so much behind literally every other race in the country - then you should be asking why did they exclude that?

That's funny.... "a link".... if you are not familiar with the liberal social policies between the Democrats and blacks from the 1960s - 1980s.... then what the hell are you posting on an American forum about Black struggles??
Seriously... how could it be possible you don't know?
You never heard of welfare?? Never heard of the housing projects? Never heard of the schools they built next to the projects - so black kids would go there and not white neighborhoods?? Never heard of mass test standards lowered so blacks looked like they were doing ok...when their actual education was little better than 3rd grade??
If a documentary you watched doesn't cover the single largest reason why blacks are so much behind literally every other race in the country - then you should be asking why did they exclude that?
You seem to be full of white supremacist mythologizing. Blaming folk for being oppressed by the system.

This case was covered by the film.

It is all interlinked, You wont sort it by some token gestures.
How would you even know? Oh, I forgot, you watched a documentary and now are an expert.

Forum List

Back