The Biggest Politician to Pander to Blacks….and Why

You don't know me. All you know is your conservative idea of everyone who is not just like you is. As I was just telling someone else, this demonstrates you lack of critical thinking skill and your tendency to believe whatever it was you just read or heard in the RWNM. We do need to improve inner city and rural schools across the nation. When I was a kid my family and everyone (probably) in my small town was conservative (Nixon) type republicans. Education was a very important thing to them, then sometime around the Tea Party thing the Repubs found out teachers were in unions. We need to improve the schools, if it takes more money, it takes more money, if it takes legislation, legislate. ANother area both sides are idiots.
And what is NOT needed is racist assholes using bogus right wing sites to lie about shit.

Per pupil spending in DC is less than $19,000.

You don't know me. All you know is your conservative idea of everyone who is not just like you is. As I was just telling someone else, this demonstrates you lack of critical thinking skill and your tendency to believe whatever it was you just read or heard in the RWNM. We do need to improve inner city and rural schools across the nation. When I was a kid my family and everyone (probably) in my small town was conservative (Nixon) type republicans. Education was a very important thing to them, then sometime around the Tea Party thing the Repubs found out teachers were in unions. We need to improve the schools, if it takes more money, it takes more money, if it takes legislation, legislate. ANother area both sides are idiots.

Schools are funded locally, not by the federal government for the most part. If people feel their schools are subpar they can sign petitions to get a tax hike levy on the ballot to put more funding to schools just as middle-class suburbs do.

But here is a fact: The US spends more per student on primary education than any industrialized country in the world, yet we have mediocre result to show for it. My suburb had one of the highest rated schools in the county. After the blacks moved in, we went from one of the best to academic emergency and it's not much better today.

Don't blame the schools, blame the parents. Schools can't educate children without their involvement.

I do not believe in reparations going to anyone. I do however think we should have a level playing field. Inner city schools are just not as good as suburban schools, they just aren't. Education and opportunity is what we should be focused on.
The problem is not the school buildings or their location or the quality of the teachers or the vast amount of monies spent to educate black students. The problem lies within that segment of our population that does not take advantage of the opportunities presented to them in every facet of our great society.

Schools are funded locally, not by the federal government for the most part. If people feel their schools are subpar they can sign petitions to get a tax hike levy on the ballot to put more funding to schools just as middle-class suburbs do.

But here is a fact: The US spends more per student on primary education than any industrialized country in the world, yet we have mediocre result to show for it. My suburb had one of the highest rated schools in the county. After the blacks moved in, we went from one of the best to academic emergency and it's not much better today.

Don't blame the schools, blame the parents. Schools can't educate children without their involvement.
This is the entire thing with the conservatives. At least you said it out loud.

The problem is not the school buildings or their location or the quality of the teachers or the vast amount of monies spent to educate black students. The problem lies within that segment of our population that does not take advantage of the opportunities presented to them in every facet of our great society.
Damn, did I just wander into a Klan meeting?

Let's sit here and see how many of the blacks whose vote he wants actually receive a dime before the election he intends to run in. Bet that the empty promises will eventually start pissing them off and they already have a mean skill set and are just itching to get out there and use their skills.

Besides, why is he trying so hard to win votes in the first place when the demonicrats know that all they need to do is steal votes? Much easier than all the tedious campaigning and it's been spectacularly successful so far.

Look at where Katie Hobbit is after ZERO campaigning!

I suggest that hard working middle class whites do what I have done -- tie your money up in tax free vehicles. I haven't a dime of taxable income because I have a smart broker. I am not going to give a dime to lazy nothings who think all Americans are as stupid as they themselves are lazy.

Right-O. Newsom’s proposed bribe will never see fruition. These Dems think so little of blacks that they think all they have to do is promise them hundreds of thousands of dollars - knowing full well they won’t see a dime - and the “useful idiots” will vote them in.

I like your idea of tax-free vehicles. My only required taxable income is the RMD from an inherited withdrawal, and I am arranging things so that I will pay as little to the feds as legally possible.

The collapse of the 2-parent home has wreaked havoc on society.
The education system is not immune.
Plus, in the inner-city schools - students that actually want to learn are ostracized by those that don't want to.
Throw all the money that you can print at that problem, and you won't fix it.
It's not a money problem.

Finally, I live in a place where I don't really mind paying for schools that I will never use, because the schools in my district resolutely reject all the crap that other districts accept.

My state rejects LGBTQ+RSTUV indoctrination, as well as CRT. We've got schools I can support because the well-raised high school kids get out in disasters and do the clean up and respect our Military and mostly attend firearms training at the local gun range, all making this feel like a very safe place to live.

Yes, you have no idea who I am, yet you start babbling about me getting a job and the rest of that silly right wing mindless babble. So yea, I think you lack critical thinking skills and you just proved it.
I see you couldn’t answer my points, so you ignore them and deflect to a personal insult.

So answer: given that spending TWICE as much per student isn’t working, how much more money should we spend? And you said: legislate for better schools. What legislation??

Forum List

Back