The Big Game, Undefeated Edition: Ohio State vs. Michigan

Maryland had Tua's little bro throwing dimes.

OSU's defense is vulnerable, but we need our O-line healthy and Corum pounding the ball to low-distance 3rd downs to take pressure off our average to below average QB McCarthy.

OSU's offense is a juggernaut once it gets rolling. Michigan can play defense on offense by, as you said, keeping the ball and controlling the clock, keeping the OSU offense on the sideline and cold.
Punch that ball out of the guys hands. OSU may make a 15 yard run but then some UofM D player punches at the ball suddenly we have a turnover and those change the game.

I feel like this UofM team is for real for a change. And I've seen the Lions win 3 in a row so I know miracles happen.

Maryland had Tua's little bro throwing dimes.

OSU's defense is vulnerable, but we need our O-line healthy and Corum pounding the ball to low-distance 3rd downs to take pressure off our average to below average QB McCarthy.

OSU's offense is a juggernaut once it gets rolling. Michigan can play defense on offense by, as you said, keeping the ball and controlling the clock, keeping the OSU offense on the sideline and cold.

I dont watch alot of OSU football. You keep saying their defense is vulnerable, but they are top 10 in points and yds allowed. It seems the only teams they really gave up any points to were PSU and Maryland, both away games. Michigan gave up just as many points to Maryland as OSU did. From the looks of it Michigan has played a pretty cupcake schedule this year. The only ranked opponent they've played is PSU and they played them at home. Im not saying Michigan isnt a good squad but it's tough to gauge how good they are or are not because they've played so many bad teams.

Arguably one of the most notorious rivalries in all of sports, up there with Duke vs. North Carolina, Yankees vs. Red Sox, Lakers vs. Celtics... and this year both teams arrive (in Michigan's case limp) into an annual showdown with everything on the line.

Here's the Cliff's Notes:

Ohio State comes off of a close win against Maryland 43-30 (It was 36-30 Maryland's ball until a pick 6 sealed it). They have most of their starters from last year's team, and while they are missing their starting running backs, the 3rd stringer looked just as good if not better.
- Advantages: Better QB and Passing game, Big-Play Offense, More experienced players, Better recruiting.
- Disadvantages: Vulnerable defense

Michigan limps into the game after BARELY squeaking past formerly-ranked Illinois, winning via a game winning FG with a few seconds left 19-17. Their Heisman RB Blake Corum was injured in the first half, and their backup also was out, so like Ohio State, they had a 3rd stringer at RB too. The difference was, Michigan's was completely ineffective as well as dropping passes. Michigan also had their starting big play TE out, their WR2 was out, and their starting Left guard is out. The fill-in WR dropped a TD pass late in the game. Their QB is average at best, and succeeds feeding off of the threat of a Corum running game. Without Corum, he's largely incapable of winning a game for you.
- Advantages: O-Line and Dominant Running Game, maintain possessions, High-ranked Defense.
- Disadvantages: Multiple injuries, few returning starters from last year/lack of depth, Average inaccurate QB.

As a Michigan fan, I knew coming into this game it would be tough given the turnover Michigan had after their domination of Ohio State last year, getting their first win over their rival in a LONG time. At full health I'd have it 60-40 chance of win OSU. Depending on injuries, that could fade to 70-30 or 80-20 OSU. I hope Michigan can get their studs back so they can do give their best shot, and if they lose so be it.
Looks like Michigan will have their running back on the field. Not a big fan of either team, but in love with the rivalry. (Lived for a short time in both States).

I’m looking for a Michigan win, but wouldn’t bet a nickel on it!

Looks like Michigan will have their running back on the field. Not a big fan of either team, but in love with the rivalry. (Lived for a short time in both States).

I’m looking for a Michigan win, but wouldn’t bet a nickel on it!
Looks like Corum is out.. running game will suffer.. doubt we can win relying on McCarthy

I hope so. They almost lost last week. But so did Ohio State. I called it. This year UofM is legit.
I’ve wondered if both teams were legit all year. I still have a bit of a concern about Michigan without their Housman candidate at running back. But with him? I think they have a real shot to get into the National championship game.

45-23 Michigan an ass whoop. When I left to go to walmart it was like 24-20 or something like that. And the microwave I bought sucks gotta return it.

Good game by Michigan, wonder if this will knock Ohio St out of the top four.
It should.

Michigan destroyed OSU, they did not just beat them.

No reason to have OSU in the top 4 now.

But do we need a top 3 with Georgia there to just blow away anyone that approaches them.

It will be another yawner of a NCG.

Unless LSU loses…..
And cue exactly that. So it looks like Georgia, Michigan, TCU, then it depends on the committee. How far they want to drop Ohio State or if they feel USC deserves that fourth spot. So next week Georgia vs LSU, Michigan vs Purdue, TCU vs Kansas State, and USC gets Utah again of Washington beats Washington State, it’ll be Oregon if the Cougars pull the upset. If it is Utah and they beat USC again, now some chaos is likely and Ohio State could be the beneficiary. I don’t see them falling lower than 5.

And cue exactly that. So it looks like Georgia, Michigan, TCU, then it depends on the committee. How far they want to drop Ohio State or if they feel USC deserves that fourth spot. So next week Georgia vs LSU, Michigan vs Purdue, TCU vs Kansas State, and USC gets Utah again of Washington beats Washington State, it’ll be Oregon if the Cougars pull the upset. If it is Utah and they beat USC again, now some chaos is likely and Ohio State could be the beneficiary. I don’t see them falling lower than 5.

This week will be

UGA
UM
TCU
USC
OSU

but it wouldn’t surprise me if the committee puts Alabama at 5. They want so badly to put them in the CFP though they dont deserve it by any metric. If TCU or USC stumble you can bet there will arguments made to put Alabama in there.

I’ve wondered if both teams were legit all year. I still have a bit of a concern about Michigan without their Housman candidate at running back. But with him? I think they have a real shot to get into the National championship game.
Should our running back be better before the next game? Or can we beat Perdue without him?

The 2022-23 College Football Playoff semifinals and national championship game are scheduled for Dec. 31, 2022 and Jan. 9, 2023.

If so we can rest him until December 31st. Put him in a hyperbaric chamber every day. LOL

Forum List

Back