The Biden administration will have an American Sign Language interpreter at every White House briefing, press secretary Jen Psaki said

• Banned
Joe Biden has a big heart, and this proves it, my friends!

Why didn't he suggest that to Obama 12 yrs ago. Their hearts weren't too big then right???
Obama didn't take him up on the suggestion

Why didn't he suggest that to Obama 12 yrs ago. Their hearts weren't too big then right???
Obama didn't take him up on the suggestion
Why didn't the Christ Obama Baby Jeebus suggest it? Prejudiced against deaf people is why.see how fucking dumb that sounds Fredo?

My favorite signer was when Obama was in Africa and this con man talked his way on stage 5 feet from Obama. He did the whole speech only to find out he was faking it all the while. Funny as hell.
Sigh. Do I have to do your work for you friend.lol

I always wanted to do this to see the crowd reaction. maybe they'd start stripping or sumptin

My favorite signer was when Obama was in Africa and this con man talked his way on stage 5 feet from Obama. He did the whole speech only to find out he was faking it all the while. Funny as hell.
Sigh. Do I have to do your work for you friend.lol

I always wanted to do this to see the crowd reaction. maybe they'd start stripping or sumptin

Thank you sloopy. I never post pictures or links because I'm a nincompoop who doesn't know how. I don't text either but that's more out of politeness.

Last edited:
So having closed caption is not enough!

Hope they verify that the sign language interpreter is a real sign language interpreter.

OH, GOD, more of these Leaping Lizards? Weirdos jumping around so you cannot possibly pay attention to anything the governor or mayor says?

Okay, no problem, that's the last time I sit through any of these crazy press conferences with a Jumping Jack performing, including the White House ones. I'll read it online. You all meet a lot of deaf people in your daily life who even know sign language? I met one, once. . . . it was some 30 years ago, though.

Hope they verify that the sign language interpreter is a real sign language interpreter.

This just adds to my good reasons not to watch TV news. No more Leaping Lizards, and before I had already ruled against watching any idiot speaking into a microphone to the public while wearing a mask over their mouth.

That is all so incredibly disrespectful of normal people, who are in the vast majority. Having a grotesque distraction, and speaking incoherently through a mouth-covering. If anyone has something to say, let them speak normally and in normal circumstances. If they can't do that, I know they are idiots. Or Democrats.

But I repeat myself.

This just adds to my good reasons not to watch TV news. No more Leaping Lizards, and before I had already ruled against watching any idiot speaking into a microphone to the public while wearing a mask over their mouth.

That is all so incredibly disrespectful of normal people, who are in the vast majority. Having a grotesque distraction, and speaking incoherently through a mouth-covering. If anyone has something to say, let them speak normally and in normal circumstances. If they can't do that, I know they are idiots. Or Democrats.

But I repeat myself.

You're quite correct --- we "hear" a person speaking to us partially by lip-reading. It's why we watch the mouth. Trying to follow a speaker who is masked is a hindrance.

That's got nothing to do with political parties though. It's just how speech works.

You're quite correct --- we "hear" a person speaking to us partially by lip-reading. It's why we watch the mouth. Trying to follow a speaker who is masked is a hindrance.

That's got nothing to do with political parties though. It's just how speech works.
Trying to follow someone speaking while someone else is dancing frantically in the background is also a hindrance. I pretty much cannot do it. I'm amazed that it has become such a fashion, particularly considering the real rarity of deaf persons, at least those who know sign language, as opposed to people deaf through age. I have met a few of these ("If people just wouldn't MUMBLE these days," is a sure identifier), but of course they are not able to understand the governors' Apache dancers.

I think it may be about political parties, though. Certainly most of the governors and mayor with their whirling dervish backups have been Democrat during their too-frequent speechifications this past year. If the GOP officials have mini-me's backing them up, I have not seen them. My working hypothesis is that GOP governors (and big-city mayors, if there are any) have better political sense than to let themselves get upstaged by someone doing jumping jacks behind them.

Forum List

Back