The Best Part of Electric Vehicles

The macomb orchard trail I took recently is 23.5 miles each way. That's 47 miles. It's 6 miles around Stony Creek Metropark. So 53 miles. No fucking way unless you are an athlete you could do all this in a day. We did it but it took us forever. And the Macomb Trail is so flat and paved that I did it all with only using power 1 on my battery. I was worried my two batteries couldn't do 53 miles but when it's flat and paved it's easy.

Anyways, unless you are an athlete you can't make this trip with us unless you have a Ebike. MAYBE you could do just the Macomb Orchard trail but you couldn't keep up with us. You would have to take too many breaks and you wouldn't keep up with our pace.

Not trying to argue I'm trying to convince anyone who can afford $2500 ebike it's a life changer. But you have to have friends to go with. So if you have a wife you like to ride with, $5000 for 2 bikes. Don't be cheap and only get 1 battery for each bike. You'll want to go farther than that one battery can go. I've had such a blast I have hardly gone on my boat this summer. Every Saturday and Sunday I ask my friends where we are going to go next. Either we are going to the country or Detroit this Sunday. Have you ever tried a Ebike? You should see the smile on people's faces when they try mine. Like HOLY SHIT. Yea, it's great.

I certainly would not mind having an eBike.
But my point of question was why you differentiated between motorized and eBike?
Legally a gas moped can do anywhere an eBike can go.
It does not differentiate based on energy source, but just power.

Damn, but you are stupid;

All-Electric Vehicles​

Chevrolet Bolt on Highway

All-electric vehicles (EVs) run on electricity only. They are propelled by one or more electric motors powered by rechargeable battery packs. EVs have several advantages over conventional vehicles:

• Energy efficient. EVs convert over 77% of the electrical energy from the grid to power at the wheels. Conventional gasoline vehicles only convert about 12%–30% of the energy stored in gasoline to power at the wheels.
  • Environmentally friendly. EVs emit no tailpipe pollutants, although the power plant producing the electricity may emit them. Electricity from nuclear-, hydro-, solar-, or wind-powered plants causes no air pollutants.
  • Performance benefits. Electric motors provide quiet, smooth operation and stronger acceleration and require less maintenance than internal combustion engines (ICEs).
  • Reduced energy dependence. Electricity is a domestic energy source.

Just a total lie.
First of all, EVs mainly rely on coal more than any other single energy source.
And it obviously is a lie to claim 77% EV efficiency since electric motors alone are only 50% efficient.
Batteries are also only about 50% efficient for charging and 50% efficient for discharging.
Plus they double the weight of the vehicle, so reduce over all efficiency by about 50%.
When you add in the 50% loss from generating the electricity originally, and the 10% transmission loss, you end up with EVs only being about 7% efficient, not 77%.
And internal combustion engines have not been as low as 30% efficient for decades. These days you can get turbo diesels that are up to 50% efficient.

Look at how they so blatantly lie.
{...
  • Reduced energy dependence. Electricity is a domestic energy source.
...}
Electricity is NOT at all an energy source in any way. It is just an energy transportation media.
You have to get the energy from some other source, and eventually covert it back into kinetic energy.
Electricity in no way an energy source.

Bullshit. None of the bike trails in MI allow motorized vehicles. In fact at one point Ebikes weren't allowed but some cripple sued and that is no longer true. You can not take your motorized vehicles on any of these trials.

You are mistaken.

You can not ride a normal bike 60 miles. Unless you are a trained athlete. Fat ass Donald Trump could ride 60 miles on my bike except his fat ass would get sore after 30.

No E bikes don't follow the same restrictions. There are actually 3 levels of Ebikes. The higher level ones might have the same restrictions but not my Ebike. No throttle on my Ebike. If there is a throttle then maybe you are right but not mine.

Sorry to educate you

Since motorized vehicles are typically not allowed on multiuse trails, this precludes their use on these facilities, as well as in bike lanes and on sidewalks. Some states have instituted age restrictions on the use of e-bikes.
E-Bikes | Rails-to-Trails Conservancy

https://www.railstotrails.org
You may NOT operate a class 2 or class 3 electric bicycle on a linear trail or a rail trail unless authorized by the local authority or agency of the state having jurisdiction over the trail.
Luckily mine is a class 1. E-Bikes | Rails-to-Trails Conservancy

You are not making any sense.
When you put an electric motor on an eBike, it is motorized.
If some park person thinks that they can differentiate between high output eBikes and low output mopeds, they are mistaken.
They are in violation of the law.
And that goes for wheelchair as well, since there are internal combustion wheel chairs.
Mopeds are legal anywhere a bicycle is according to all the laws I have read.
And what some park person writes is not law.
They can not legally discriminate like that.

Birds not so much. Depends on what kind of bird. I saw a thing once what if humans disappeared from earth. Billions of birds would also die because they depend on our garbage or bird feeders to survive.

I don't believe that.
First of all, the original settlers describe there being over 10 times as many birds as now, with hundreds of species being made extinct by us.
Second is that our garbage is too contaminated and difficult to get access to, since it is not like we lay it out for the birds, we bury it.
They have plenty to eat.
{... A recent study has shown that birds eat 400-500 million tons of insects a year. ....}

Only Portland and Eugene (where the university is), are blue.
The rest of the state of OR is very red.

Corvallis has a university as well ... Rouge Valley is quite moderate ... even K Falls is moving towards the center ... the incident at the People's Democratic Republic of Malhuer Federal Wildlife Refuge (or PDRMFWR for short) was strictly out-of-staters ... so even in Sub-Idaho's ranging areas, we see a distinct centering ... in Oregon, conservatives hug trees, liberal spike them ... and we call girls who can out-run her brothers a virgin ...

You know my fan has a guard around it so I can't touch the blades? We could do something like that so the birds can't get in.

We better take down all the electrical lines we use now

Collisions with power transmission and distribution lines may kill anywhere from hundreds of thousands to 175 million birds annually, and power lines electrocute tens to hundreds of thousands more birds annually, but these utilities are poorly monitored for both strikes and electrocutions.
Well, that’s pure bullshit. A bird has to touch current AND ground simultaneously.

Attaching whistles to the blades might do it?

But I think you are wrong on power lines.
No only are the birds fully aware of power lines, but they love them.
They provide a warm roosting spot in cold winters.
Power lines can not electrocute birds, as they would have to touch both positive and negative at the same time, and they are kept over 3' apart.

The really dangerous ones are the thermal solar, because the birds have no idea they might be flying into a concentrated solar collector zone up to 1000 degrees, but totally invisible.
Unless they are endangered, I'm not losing sleep over some birds. Or if they are important to the econsystem like you showed me bats are.

Well, that’s pure bullshit. A bird has to touch current AND ground simultaneously.

These are deaths due to collisions ... both hots and the ground can kill independently of each other ... [SMACK] ... the poles and towers kill ... house cats kill ...

Do you see huge piles of carcasses under wind mills ... no? ... that's because dead birds feed other animals, here we have the coyotes keeping everything cleaned up, and the eagles feast in winter between salmon runs ... so much carrion that there's talk of re-introducing the condor in the Columbia Gorge ...

The FDA estimates 400 million metric tons of chicken meat production per year world-wide ... dead birds ... it happens ... don't get me started on the wheat slaughter ...

ETA: How about we outlaw Randy Johnson fast balls ...

Last edited:
You are not making any sense.
When you put an electric motor on an eBike, it is motorized.
If some park person thinks that they can differentiate between high output eBikes and low output mopeds, they are mistaken.
They are in violation of the law.
And that goes for wheelchair as well, since there are internal combustion wheel chairs.
Mopeds are legal anywhere a bicycle is according to all the laws I have read.
And what some park person writes is not law.
They can not legally discriminate like that.
Sorry but no motorized vehicles on the multi purpose trails. And guess what? The trails would be full of mopeds if they were allowed. But they are not. So you don't see them. Not one. I've covered hundreds of miles and not a one. And I showed you the rules/laws.

Now, each section of the trail is governed by the city it is in. So one city might say ok fine let mopeds on the path. But there isn't one of those cities at least not in Michigan.

I just learned something. I can't take my Ebike on Mackinaw Island. Electric bicycles are banned on Mackinac Island by local ordinance in accordance with State Law. Those with a mobility disability are exempt in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Since motorized vehicles are typically not allowed on multiuse trails, this precludes their use on these facilities, as well as in bike lanes and on sidewalks.

Sorry pal

Under California law, an e-bike is essentially treated the same as a standard bicycle—with a few exceptions. E-bikes are to be operated like conventional bicycles in California and are not considered motor vehicles under the California Vehicle Code.

If you can show me in your state that this is different please do.

I’m just trying to explain why these bikes are so great. Out of shape 50 year old riding 70 miles on a Saturday? I’m hooked.

Oh, and currently I’ll admit these batteries suck. The technology needs to get better. It would be great if riding my bike charged my battery. I hear some do this. Mine doesn’t. And it’s about the size of a loaf of bread. And one battery only goes 30 miles give or take depending on ho much help you use. So we all had to buy an extra battery because 30 miles aint shit. $500 for a spare battery.

Ebikes are the reason batteries will get better. It’s a billion dollar industry. You republicans should love a new industry. You only hate it because your oil and coal lobbyist loving politicians are paid to deny global warming.
Okay, that's dumb. Where do you think the electricity comes from to charge your battery? That's right, oil and coal.

Okay, that's dumb. Where do you think the electricity comes from to charge your battery? That's right, oil and coal.
Yes yes yes we've gone over that before. It's better a coal or oil run factory make us vehicles that don't pollute and then we aren't all running around spewing poison into the atmosphere. Just one factory is producing pollution in an effort to make us green bikes.

What makes a gas guzzling harley or moped? Oh that's right. A coal/gas plant. So your way we pollute to make the bikes and then the bikes pollute after that. My way we pollute to make the bike and then the bike doesn't pollute.

Yes yes yes we've gone over that before. It's better a coal or oil run factory make us vehicles that don't pollute and then we aren't all running around spewing poison into the atmosphere. Just one factory is producing pollution in an effort to make us green bikes.

What makes a gas guzzling harley or moped? Oh that's right. A coal/gas plant. So your way we pollute to make the bikes and then the bikes pollute after that. My way we pollute to make the bike and then the bike doesn't pollute.
Until you factor in the manufacturing of the very toxic batteries and their disposal when they crap out.

Until you factor in the manufacturing of the very toxic batteries and their disposal when they crap out.
What about manufacturing a moped and the very toxic fumes they omit?

Suddenly you're thinking green? Worried about disposal of our garbage? Wow! This issue has made you very progressively liberal. Love it!

I found this interesting. From 2008 someone wrote

Motorcycles and scooters are an appealing alternative to shelling out big bucks filling up the family truckster, which is one reason sales are going through the roof. But riding on two wheels may not be any more environmentally responsible than riding on four. Turns out the average motorcycle is 10 times more polluting per mile […]

So you see, Ebikes are better. For one reason, I have to peddle to make mine move. So I'm getting some exercise. And I'm not polluting like a motorcycle is. Which is 10 times worse than a car! And if I use full power it's like you are Captain America and you can ride 4 times as far as a regular bike. Trust me, ride one for 4 hours and you'll say "damn I got to get me one of these. What state do you live in? I want to see how many bike trails you have.

What about manufacturing a moped and the very toxic fumes they omit?

Suddenly you're thinking green? Worried about disposal of our garbage? Wow! This issue has made you very progressively liberal. Love it!
What do you mean by suddenly? I'm simply pointing out that electric vehicles really aren't all that "green" when you account for their entire life cycle. You can feel good that you're not spewing gasses into the air when you're riding that bike, but the batteries pose a big disposal problem.

I found this interesting. From 2008 someone wrote

Motorcycles and scooters are an appealing alternative to shelling out big bucks filling up the family truckster, which is one reason sales are going through the roof. But riding on two wheels may not be any more environmentally responsible than riding on four. Turns out the average motorcycle is 10 times more polluting per mile […]

So you see, Ebikes are better. For one reason, I have to peddle to make mine move. So I'm getting some exercise. And I'm not polluting like a motorcycle is. Which is 10 times worse than a car! And if I use full power it's like you are Captain America and you can ride 4 times as far as a regular bike. Trust me, ride one for 4 hours and you'll say "damn I got to get me one of these. What state do you live in? I want to see how many bike trails you have.
Ebikes are better for what? For a trip of a few miles, the extra time it takes on a bike may not be significant. Making a trip into town and covering 50 miles in a day, OTOH, requires something faster.

Corvallis has a university as well ... Rouge Valley is quite moderate ... even K Falls is moving towards the center ... the incident at the People's Democratic Republic of Malhuer Federal Wildlife Refuge (or PDRMFWR for short) was strictly out-of-staters ... so even in Sub-Idaho's ranging areas, we see a distinct centering ... in Oregon, conservatives hug trees, liberal spike them ... and we call girls who can out-run her brothers a virgin ...

Its the Rogue River valley, not Rouge. A lot of the people I know in the Rogue Rv area came from OK during the dustbowl era, and very conservative.
And Malheur was not entirely Bundy. The federal abuse of the Hammonds had everyone pretty upset.
The CA expats moving to Portland are making the natives see red.

Forum List

Back