The Belief That Life Was the Result of an Accident Is Unscientific

If you claim that God exists because the universes exists and everything has to have a cause, and then you claim God doesn't need a cause, then you've shot down your own argument.

I'm saying that something or someone had to come first that did NOT require something or someone else to cause it or him to come into existence. In other words, it or him has always existed, a concept that does not exist in our realm and which is probably beyond our human understanding. Do you dispute these beliefs?
Whoa, now hold on thar Hoss, check please!

You do not get to use something outside our universe or that opens up science to the same. We can then talk 11-dimensional manifolds and don't need the Big Bang.

If there was something that came first and didn't need a cause, then why does the universe need a cause? You're right about one thing: logical contradictions are beyond human understanding.

It appears that the universe had a beginning, right or not? If so, who or what gave the universe its initial push? Who or what caused the universe to come into existence?

bripat9643 Would you like to respond to this question?

Until you can answer the Who begat God question, you got nuthin

So you know for a fact that there cannot be a higher power that has existed for eternity? Can you prove it?
You didn't answer his question. What he believes is beside the point.

Who or what created God?

My belief is that we have a creator that has always existed, but I certainly cannot prove it.
You have no logical basis for your belief.

You do not get to use something outside our universe or that opens up science to the same. We can then talk 11-dimensional manifolds and don't need the Big Bang.

That's fine with me. I'm just sharing ideas and asking questions. Whatever you believe is of no issue for me.

No. Wrong. It is reasonable to believe it likely that the universe itself came into existence from purely physical processes, and the same goes for life. Adding a magical layer of a magic spirit requires faith...

Well, unless you can PROVE how the universe and life came into existence, then your BELIEF in those things coming about via a "purely physical processes" is based on FAITH.
Correct

I have faith in my religion of science. As a matter of fact, my faith is not only better than yours it is larger. You all have no faith in your God at all. You have to deny reality to keep your God. I do not!

How about them apples?

Repent and save your eternal soul!
I will admit it is rather amazing that the sun is in the right place and the moon is where we need it to be and how the plants give out oxygen and we breathe out carbon monoxide for the plants and the ozone and its all to perfect for it to have just happened by chance.

But then consider life once lived on other planets in our solar system billions of years before life started on earth. Was that life like here on earth? No. The conditions were probably different. Maybe hotter or no moons.

And consider in 10 billion years from no there will be no more life on this planet. If a god made our planet wouldn't our sun burn for us forever? Can't god just change a fuse
I'm sure that if there was a God, trump would fire him for being incompetent (and jealousy). God gets waaay too much press.

If there was something that came first and didn't need a cause, then why does the universe need a cause? You're right about one thing: logical contradictions are beyond human understanding.

It appears that the universe had a beginning, right or not? If so, who or what gave the universe its initial push? Who or what caused the universe to come into existence?

bripat9643 Would you like to respond to this question?

How the universe came into being is a hotly debated topic in physics right now. I'm not prepared to go into all the details in this thread. If you're interested in the subject, read up on "branes" and the "multi-verse."

So you know for a fact that there cannot be a higher power that has existed for eternity? Can you prove it?
You didn't answer his question. What he believes is beside the point.

Who or what created God?

My belief is that we have a creator that has always existed, but I certainly cannot prove it.
If you start with God, then creation has already occurred and thus no origin and no God.

Ok, so you base your belief on a theory just like I do. But my theory is illogical and yours is logical, right?

One thing that is apparent is that atheists are committed to keeping a closed mind to the possibility that a living, higher power created us. They not only do NOT believe in his existence, they don't want him to exist. They have been deceived and misled.

It's not my job to prove your hypothesis.

It is yours

I'll say it again. Atheists love demanding proof from believers while offering none themselves.
I am a scientist, so it is impossible to be an atheist. Your team gave me the label of defacto atheist. Why? Cuz your God does not explain the evidence, I have concluded your God to be impossible.

It's not my job to prove your hypothesis.

It is yours

I'll say it again. Atheists love demanding proof from believers while offering none themselves.
Whoops, I forgot the rest after "atheists".

We are science. We don't need all the answers cuz we are still searching for them. It is YOUR team who claims to have all the answers w/o proof.

Forum List

Back