The Belief That Life Was the Result of an Accident Is Unscientific

No, they don't. However, one thing we know is that creationism has no factual or logical support. None. WE also know that at one point in time there was no life. At a later point in time there was life. The conclusion is therefore inescapable that life arose from inanimate matter. The only alternative theory is that magic made it happen, and rational adults don't accept the existence of magic.

Yes we do know that at one time there was no life, and at a later time there was life. What was the catalyst? To believe that life sprang from non-life 'spontaneously' is to believe in magic, and is no more logical than belief in creation. In fact, it shows a willing blindness to other possibilities. The only folks here denying other possibilities without proof of their own is you and your ilk.

The title of this thread is - 'The belief that life was the result of an accident is unscientific'...and until you can connect the dots between non-living and living you got nothing scientific beyond a comfortable theory. Comfortable only because alternatives are too terrible to bear. I'm not the zealot here insisting that only my theory can be correct and all others are stupid.

Again I say - until science can show us the bridge between non-life and life, identify the catalyst - all you got are theories that require a degree of faith. For all any of know we could be a giant alien child's ant farm.

Good talk. :cool:

To believe that life sprang from non-life 'spontaneously' is to believe in magic, and is no more logical than belief in creation.
Not true, it displays an understanding of science. Atoms are perfectly capable of self-organizing, just look at any crystal. There are plenty of inanimate molecules capable of self-assembly too. From self-assembly to reproduction seems a logical step and once molecules can reproduce natural selection will govern their continuing evolution. Science and logic. There are plenty of other theories but this simple one is my favorite under additional evidence is found. No faith required.

This is who we are. Just a pile of elements from the Periodic Table.
View attachment 152348

Same elements you will find all around you. When you die, those elements will continue to exist with no effect upon them. Carbon atoms will still be carbon atoms after you die.
View attachment 152347

No matter how accurate you are in combing all of the ratios of atoms in a living being, it is not going to become animated.

View attachment 152349

Atoms are not going to write Beethoven, they does not want to listen to Beethoven, nor does the pile of atoms care if it a living being lives or dies, because the elements have nothing to gain or lose either way. Atoms have no interest in talking to each other, laughing at funny cat videos, or even reading and responding on USMB. Atoms just do not care.

How anyone can delude themselves to believe atoms do have sentient life is beyond me.
Who created the creator? What hard evidence ya got?

And who created the guy who created the creator? And who made the guys before him?
Exactly. If they can't logically explain who created the creator maybe then they realize there is no need for a creator. The cosmos are eternal. If not what did the creator live in before our universe started 13 billion years ago?

Today I learned the human species will go extinct anywhere between 5000 and 5 million years from now. Nothing lasts forever
Not my job to explain. We are taught what is relevant - our path to redemption.

Now has anyone posted the atomic symbol(s) that like funny cat videos yet?

Not true, it displays an understanding of science. Atoms are perfectly capable of self-organizing, just look at any crystal. There are plenty of inanimate molecules capable of self-assembly too. From self-assembly to reproduction seems a logical step and once molecules can reproduce natural selection will govern their continuing evolution. Science and logic. There are plenty of other theories but this simple one is my favorite under additional evidence is found. No faith required.

We all choose the theory that is our favorite - mine is no less 'logical' than yours. Logic has not produced the bridge that goes from self assembly of non- life to life.

Belief in an unseen, unobservable and unproven event is the very definition of faith. Not faith in religion, true - but faith nonetheless.

Last edited:
View attachment 152348

Same elements you will find all around you. When you die, those elements will continue to exist with no effect upon them. Carbon atoms will still be carbon atoms after you die.
View attachment 152347

No matter how accurate you are in combing all of the ratios of atoms in a living being, it is not going to become animated.

View attachment 152349

Atoms are not going to write Beethoven, they does not want to listen to Beethoven, nor does the pile of atoms care if it a living being lives or dies, because the elements have nothing to gain or lose either way. Atoms have no interest in talking to each other, laughing at funny cat videos, or even reading and responding on USMB. Atoms just do not care.

How anyone can delude themselves to believe atoms do have sentient life is beyond me.

And who created the guy who created the creator? And who made the guys before him?
Exactly. If they can't logically explain who created the creator maybe then they realize there is no need for a creator. The cosmos are eternal. If not what did the creator live in before our universe started 13 billion years ago?

Today I learned the human species will go extinct anywhere between 5000 and 5 million years from now. Nothing lasts forever

Redemption from what? I am sure ISIS would enjoy your support. For that is where your kind of 'faith' inevitably leads.

View attachment 152348

View attachment 152347

View attachment 152349

Redemption from what? I am sure ISIS would enjoy your support. For that is where your kind of 'faith' inevitably leads.
Oh, so America, which was founded upon Judeo-Christian values, is just like ISIS?

WhyIwon.jpg

Oh, so America, which was founded upon Judeo-Christian values, is just like ISIS?

View attachment 153393
Didn't the Jews kill your Messiah?

View attachment 152348

View attachment 152347

View attachment 152349

And who exactly taught him what is relevant?

View attachment 153393
Since you parrots can't come up with your magical atoms that write music your off to stupid strawman rants.

View attachment 152348

View attachment 152347

View attachment 152349

So you make up an invisible guy who made us? :cuckoo:

View attachment 152348

View attachment 152347

View attachment 152349

Dufus searching for his magical poetry writing atoms gets dumber and dumber.

View attachment 153393
Since you parrots can't come up with your magical atoms that write music your off to stupid strawman rants.
So we have to show you an atom that writes music or else that proves an intelligent god did it? What a dope.

QhG4I.jpg

View attachment 152348

View attachment 152347

View attachment 152349

If you mean that you can't prove your invisible except to a psychiatrist, then you'd be right.

View attachment 152348

View attachment 152347

View attachment 152349

If you mean that you can't prove your invisible except to a psychiatrist, then you'd be right.

There must be a god creature lurking in the background. A watch can't make itself so just like every watch has a watchmaker every universe has a universe maker.

Lets say I buy that argument, which I don't. But lets say I did. Now what makes anyone think that when they die they themselves become gods who live for all eternity?

Man people are dumb.

No, they don't. However, one thing we know is that creationism has no factual or logical support. None. WE also know that at one point in time there was no life. At a later point in time there was life. The conclusion is therefore inescapable that life arose from inanimate matter. The only alternative theory is that magic made it happen, and rational adults don't accept the existence of magic.

Yes we do know that at one time there was no life, and at a later time there was life. What was the catalyst? To believe that life sprang from non-life 'spontaneously' is to believe in magic, and is no more logical than belief in creation. In fact, it shows a willing blindness to other possibilities. The only folks here denying other possibilities without proof of their own is you and your ilk.

The title of this thread is - 'The belief that life was the result of an accident is unscientific'...and until you can connect the dots between non-living and living you got nothing scientific beyond a comfortable theory. Comfortable only because alternatives are too terrible to bear. I'm not the zealot here insisting that only my theory can be correct and all others are stupid.

Again I say - until science can show us the bridge between non-life and life, identify the catalyst - all you got are theories that require a degree of faith. For all any of know we could be a giant alien child's ant farm.

"To believe that life sprang from non-life 'spontaneously' isto believe in magic"

100% false. Organisms are just physical systems governed by deterministic physical laws, same as every other physical system in the universe. To believe life formed from anything other than a deterministic physical process is to believe magic.

So, no, you have it completely backwards.

We all choose the theory that is our favorite - mine is no less 'logical' than yours. Logic has not produced the bridge that goes from self assembly of non- life to life.

Belief in an unseen, unobservable and unproven event is the very definition of faith. Not faith in religion, true - but faith nonetheless.
Logic dictates that we more readily accept a theory that supports the evidence we see, using the mechanisms we are familiar with, and therefore doesn't violate the laws of the world we see with our eyes, in favor of a theory that does but comes with no evidence or mechanism.

"To believe that life sprang from non-life 'spontaneously' isto believe in magic"

100% false. Organisms are just physical systems governed by deterministic physical laws, same as every other physical system in the universe. To believe life formed from anything other than a deterministic physical process is to believe magic.

So, no, you have it completely backwards.

He believe God created humans from the soil. That's not very scientific at all. Right?

Actually, WRONG:

Science backed up religion back in 2003 in a study that suggested life may have indeed sprung from clay -- just as many faiths teach.

CNN.com - Study suggests life sprang from clay - Oct. 25, 2003

materials in clay were key to some of the initial processes in forming life.

Specifically, a clay mixture called montmorillonite not only helps form little bags of fat and liquid but helps cells use genetic material called RNA. That, in turn, is one of the key processes of life.

Isn't science great?

found clays could catalyze the chemical reactions needed to make RNA from building blocks called nucleotides.

They found the clay sped along the process by which fatty acids formed little bag-like structures called vesicles. The clay also carried RNA into those vesicles. A cell is, in essence, a complex bag of liquidy compounds.

"The formation, growth and division of the earliest cells may have occurred in response to similar interactions with mineral particles and inputs of material and energy," the researchers wrote in their report, published in the journal Science.

"We are not claiming that this is how life started," Szostak stressed.

"We are saying that we have demonstrated growth and division without any biochemical machinery. Ultimately, if we can demonstrate more natural ways this might have happened, it may begin to give us clues about how life could have actually gotten started on the primitive Earth."

Except your theory isn't even a theory. Not a scientific one anyways. So stop insulting theories by calling your hypothesis a theory.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA3My8xMDgvb3JpZ2luYWwvc2hhcmstYmF5LVN0cm9tYXRvbGl0ZXMtMTUwMTA1LmpwZw==

Stromatolites — like these, found in the World Heritage Area of Shark Bay, Western Australia — may contain cyanobacteria, which were most likely earth's first photosynthetic organisms. Stromatolites have been found that date back to about 3.7 billion years ago.

unseen, unobservable and unproven event? First of all, we don't believe anything that isn't known. We admit. WE DON'T KNOW. But what we THINK happened is different than what your religion tells you happened matter of fact. That's why for thousands of years our/your people have remained ignorant. They don't want to hear about evolution because their holy book contains all the answers.

The person you are talking to is using evidence from science to come to their conclusions. Like for example it makes sense to science that all life came from the same source. That a single cell life turned into humans and giraffe and snakes and birds and ants. All the diverse life we see today. Do you have another THEORY? I mean it is plausable that one single cell organism became giraffe and another completely different single cell organism because human and another completely different single cell became birds and another single cell became snakes, etc. But science has lots of reasons to not think this is the case. If you believe this, please tell us why you disagree with science?

But the fact is you don't even believe single cell organisms turned into humans. You believe your god POOFED humans into existence. There is NOTHING logical about that.

View attachment 152348

View attachment 152347

View attachment 152349

That's called the "first cause" argument. No believer has ever managed to refute it.

It seems to me that something outside of this universe got it all started. Additionally, something or someone had to come first that did NOT need a cause to come into existence. In other words; he or it has always existed. I suppose the alternative is to believe that there is no creator and that the universe, which had a beginning and which WILL have an end created itself. I'd like to believe that the universe created itself, but I just don't have the faith.

In the end, doesn't it really come down to faith? Faith in a creator or faith that, somehow, the universe came into existence and so did life. Right? There is no PROOF of either, is that correct?

Forum List

Back