Trump The attack on vaping.

Not planning to make policy now based on the insane hypothetical that MAYBE Fart Fun will someday be right about something.
I didn't make any assertions about it. Stop being a crybaby and try to focus.

You, of course, often do act catiously when you dont know everything about something. Youvm are just taking a strident stance here, because you are reactionary.

I didn't say you made any assertions, so stop throwing up straw men and try to focus.

There's a difference between "acting cautious" and making public policy based on hypotheticals. You are just taking an ignorant stance here, because you're an imbecile.

The reduction in smoking has provided the greatest health benefits to Americans in the last 50 years

And vaping reduces smoking.

This isn't a Republican/Democrat thing, it's a control freak vs. non-control freak thing.
There have been a number of articles recently about sudden, serious lung disease in young people brought on by vaping. I think has been little research done on it prior to marketing. There could be cause for concern.
If it isn’t really that safe.

Cases of lung disease possibly linked to vaping continue to rise. This teen was given a 'second chance' - CNN

From your own link:

So far, the FDA has "received about 80 samples and continues to receive requests from states to send more samples for the FDA to analyze," the statement says. "The samples represent a variety of different types of products and substances -- a number of which contained incomplete information about the product.
"At this time, there does not appear to be one product involved in all of the cases, although THC and cannabinoids use has been reported in many cases." THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is the psychoactive substance within cannabis.
In Wisconsin, health officials said Thursday that a majority of the cases in their state had inhaled THC products.
I think it is enough to be a little concerned because vaping is heavily marketed towards young people, largely unregulated and not well studied.

In what way is it "heavily marketed towards young people", as opposed to being marketed toward anyone who wants a nicotine fix without ingesting tobacco?

And yes, I do understand how much you hate and fear any aspect of life that isn't controlled and micro-managed by the government. Freedom and personal responsibility terrify you.

As for "well-studied", it's not going to GET well-studied in a blizzard of agenda-driven propaganda and misinformation.

Wow, who pissed in your Wheaties? Or do you have stock in vaping?

The vape company Juul said it doesn’t target teens. Its early ads tell a different story.

'Widespread Marketing' of E-Cigarettes Targets Teens, CDC Says

E-cig company Juul is being investigated for hooking teens on vaping

The reduction in smoking has provided the greatest health benefits to Americans in the last 50 years

And vaping reduces smoking.

This isn't a Republican/Democrat thing, it's a control freak vs. non-control freak thing.
There have been a number of articles recently about sudden, serious lung disease in young people brought on by vaping. I think has been little research done on it prior to marketing. There could be cause for concern.
If it isn’t really that safe.

Cases of lung disease possibly linked to vaping continue to rise. This teen was given a 'second chance' - CNN

From the article it's all assumption and supposition. I've had friends vaping for years now and they seem to be just fine. They also use high end rigs and premium local solutions.

FDA declares youth vaping an epidemic, announces investigation, new enforcement

Just more government overreach. I thought Trump was going to do away with regulations. He trumpets that all the time at his political rallies and constant tweets. Where is he when you need him; playing golf or watching Faux News.

This attack is a slap in the face to tobacco farmers in Trump territory, North Carolina, South Carolina and Kentucky. As the tobacco industry has known and practised for decades, you got to get them while they are young. And vaping, specifically marketed to kids is a proven method of starting the nicotine addiction process with graduation to full tobacco products.

Come on Trump. Get it in gear and protect the tobacco industry! They vote for you!
Dude teenagers are contracting lung diseases that previously only old people would see

But you can choose to die, just do not ask me to pay your Bill's

The Mysterious Vaping Illness That’s ‘Becoming an Epidemic’

There are different ways to vape.

One is to use the liquid cartridges which I am highly skeptical of because you really don't know what's in them the other is to actually heat the dry leaf or bud to a temperature sufficient to vaporize the active ingredients, nicotine, THC etc but not so hot as to reach combustion.

I prefer the latter as it used herb in the most natural unprocessed state.

One is to use the liquid cartridges which I am highly skeptical of because you really don't know what's in them the other is to actually heat the dry leaf or bud to a temperature sufficient to vaporize the active ingredients, nicotine, THC etc but not so hot as to reach combustion.

Or you could choose to be healthy

Just had a physical 2 weeks ago and got A's across the board.

Weight , BP, cholesterol, etc all optimal

I'm probably healthier than you

It is the height of hypocrisy that our huge corrupt omnipresent federal government is going after ecigs, while big pharma murders thousands and they do nothing.

It is the height of hypocrisy that our huge corrupt omnipresent federal government is going after ecigs, while big pharma murders thousands and they do nothing.

I wouldn't say murder. If you're going to blame anyone blame the Drs who over prescribe addictive drugs.

But I do agree that the government is overly obsessed with smoking

I wouldn't say murder. If you're going to blame anyone blame the Drs who over prescribe addictive drugs.

Oh it’s murder for sure. They know their drugs kill.. they even tell you in their advertising, death is a possible side effect. It isn’t just the opiates murdering Americans, it’s many of the other drugs put out by big pharma and approved by the wonderful FDA, that murder.

Oh it’s murder for sure. They know their drugs kill.. they even tell you in their advertising, death is a possible side effect. It isn’t just the opiates murdering Americans, it’s many of the other drugs put out by big pharma and approved by the wonderful FDA, that murder.

Anything can kill.
You can overdose on Tylenol if you take enough of it.

And death is a side effect of life and it can't be avoided.

I have been prescribed painkillers several times and never got addicted. In fact most people who are prescribed opiates or other potentially addictive drugs use them responsibly and do not become addicted.

Personally I am thankful I didn't have to suffer through the pain and that the best painkillers were available when I needed them.

Anything can kill.

I have been prescribed painkillers several times and never got addicted. In fact most people who are prescribed opiates or other potentially addictive drugs use them responsibly and do not become addicted.

Personally I am thankful I didn't have to suffer through the pain and that the best painkillers were available when I needed them.
Silly. Big pharma’s drugs kill when you follow the directions. Overdose isn’t necessary.

Anything can kill.

Addiction isn’t a matter of using them responsibly. One can use them and never become addicted. Another can use them the same way and become addicted.

Just more government overreach. I thought Trump was going to do away with regulations. He trumpets that all the time at his political rallies and constant tweets. Where is he when you need him; playing golf or watching Faux News.

This attack is a slap in the face to tobacco farmers in Trump territory, North Carolina, South Carolina and Kentucky. As the tobacco industry has known and practised for decades, you got to get them while they are young. And vaping, specifically marketed to kids is a proven method of starting the nicotine addiction process with graduation to full tobacco products.

Come on Trump. Get it in gear and protect the tobacco industry! They vote for you!

Yup. And big weed learned from big tobacco well. Seems like their vapes are making folks sick to.

Anything can kill.

Silly. Big pharma’s drugs kill when you follow the directions. Overdose isn’t necessary.

I bet prescription drugs are something all these mass shooters have in common to.

Never had a physical, work out 4 days a week, leaving 25 year olds in the dust. What is your time in the mile

Physicals are for sick people as are doctors in the first place.

Do you expect me to fund your sickness when you do get sick

You are an addict

Suck on fool

Ill watch you die

Anything can kill.

Addiction isn’t a matter of using them responsibly. One can use them and never become addicted. Another can use them the same way and become addicted.

True it's the person not the drug, that said there are some drugs that only retards use. Tobacco is one of them

Anything can kill.

That just rings hollow.

Addicts like to make excuses as to why they are addicted.

Never had a physical, work out 4 days a week, leaving 25 year olds in the dust. What is your time in the mile

Physicals are for sick people as are doctors in the first place.

Do you expect me to fund your sickness when you do get sick

You are an addict

Suck on fool

Ill watch you die

I'm not

I don't use tobacco I was merely pointing out the different ways of vaping.

I do occasionally use marijuana or hashish.

And you're an idiot if you wait until you're sick to see a Dr. So you have no idea what your blood pressure or cholesterol is do you, liver or kidney function? After all those things aren't important to your health as long as you run right?

Who was that famous runner who dropped dead of a heart attack?

At least I know what's going on in my body where you have no clue

Do you wait until your roof collapses before you fix it?

And I'm not into running so much but I can do a 5K in under 20 minutes

Distance Running isn't my thing. I tend to do sprint workouts with a weighted vest instead of long distance stuff along with heavy weights and calesthenics

And I pay for my own insurance and have my entire life

Yup. And big weed learned from big tobacco well. Seems like their vapes are making folks sick to.
It's the liquid shit used for vaping that is the problem.

Dry herb vaping is a completely different thing

Forum List

Back