Trump The attack on vaping.

I'd rather see millions of smokers prolonging their lives by switching to a far less hazardous source of nicotine like vaping.

And therein lies the problem. The tobacco industry doesn't want to see that happen because they want lifeling consumers of their tobacco. They're some of the biggest lobbyists in Washington. I imagine they have people working over at the FDA. There's pretty much a revolving door between industry and the FDA.

Abolish the FDA.

The FDA is the reason you and I were not Thalidomide babies, while our contemporaries in other Western countries were. For one example.

Ever heard the expression "throwing the baby out with the bath water"?

"Oh look, my taillight went out. Guess I'll sell the car".

The reduction in smoking has provided the greatest health benefits to Americans in the last 50 years

And vaping reduces smoking.

This isn't a Republican/Democrat thing, it's a control freak vs. non-control freak thing.

I think it is a case of choosing your demons
Vaping may have its negatives....but nowhere close to cigarettes

What negatives, it's damn water vapor...

Nicotine

The reduction in smoking has provided the greatest health benefits to Americans in the last 50 years

This isn't a Republican/Democrat thing, it's a control freak vs. non-control freak thing.

Nicotine

But how much worse is Nicotine compared to caffeine?

The issue was always the delivery method and the products from the delivery method (combustion)

And we don't need the fucking government involved in a person's personal choices
Sure we do

Smoking restrictions, Seat Belts, Motorcycle helmets have saved millions of lives

Clean water and sewerage restrictions made modern civilizations possible

Yeah gaping is slightly better then smoking. Kind to f like 10 foot of water in your house is better then 12 foot.

It still uses the the same addictive substance nicotine. Because of flavorings and other things it still has dangers. Some think it is better then cigarettes.

Try reading this information https://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/features/vape-debate-electronic-cigarettes#1

WebMd thinks everything is cancer....

The biggest issue with smoking isn't the nicotine, it's the combustion products.

Vaping eliminates combustion, hence combustion products.
I take it you did not bother to read the article. One of the first things it talks about is a problem known as popcorn lung caused by one of the products involved in vaping. There are other effects.

Nicotine is actually used by some as an insecticide. In high enough concentration it can cause death. In small amounts it causes high blood pressure. Even repeated small amounts can cause addiction.

You really need to educate yourself.

Yeah gaping is slightly better then smoking. Kind to f like 10 foot of water in your house is better then 12 foot.

It still uses the the same addictive substance nicotine. Because of flavorings and other things it still has dangers. Some think it is better then cigarettes.

Try reading this information https://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/features/vape-debate-electronic-cigarettes#1

The biggest issue with smoking isn't the nicotine, it's the combustion products.

I take it you did not bother to read the article. One of the first things it talks about is a problem known as popcorn lung caused by one of the products involved in vaping. There are other effects.

Nicotine is actually used by some as an insecticide. In high enough concentration it can cause death. In small amounts it causes high blood pressure. Even repeated small amounts can cause addiction.

And caffeine doesn't have similar effects?

They came up and invented a better cigarette, and you killjoys still aren't happy.

Stop being a fucking busybody and allow people to live their lives as they see fit.

They came up and invented a better cigarette, and you killjoys still aren't happy.

Stop being a fucking busybody and allow people to live their lives as they see fit.
First off let's get this straight. I could care less if you want to smoke cigarettes, vape or hug a stick of lite dynamite.

Second as I stated already it is only slighly better.

Third you could not drink enough caffeine to kill you.

The last thing is simple. Don't try to convince young kids that vaping is better for you then cigarettes.

First off let's get this straight. I could care less if you want to smoke cigarettes, vape or hug a stick of lite dynamite.

Second as I stated already it is only slighly better.

Third you could not drink enough caffeine to kill you.

The last thing is simple. Don't try to convince young kids that vaping is better for you then cigarettes.

But it is better and safer than cigarettes, much safer.

All of the cancer causing agents found in smoking is from the combustion products. By removing the combustion you remove those products.

That you have to lie to make your point shows your intellectual dishonesty on the subject.

I'm not particularly concerned about the health factors. But it does look stupid as hell.

Nicotine
Nicotine itself is not so bad it's the byproducts of burning tobacco that cause all the pproblems

And we don't need the fucking government involved in a person's personal choices
Sure we do

Smoking restrictions, Seat Belts, Motorcycle helmets have saved millions of lives

Clean water and sewerage restrictions made modern civilizations possible

You cannot compare sewage with smoking

And what the hell do you care if someone smokes or doesn't wear a seatbelt?

It really is none of your fucking business

FDA declares youth vaping an epidemic, announces investigation, new enforcement

Just more government overreach. I thought Trump was going to do away with regulations. He trumpets that all the time at his political rallies and constant tweets. Where is he when you need him; playing golf or watching Faux News.

This attack is a slap in the face to tobacco farmers in Trump territory, North Carolina, South Carolina and Kentucky. As the tobacco industry has known and practised for decades, you got to get them while they are young. And vaping, specifically marketed to kids is a proven method of starting the nicotine addiction process with graduation to full tobacco products.

Come on Trump. Get it in gear and protect the tobacco industry! They vote for you!
I noticed the hype ramping up here as well. I find it more likely that the tobacco lobby is railing against vapes, because they are cutting into cigarette profits.

Just more government overreach. I thought Trump was going to do away with regulations. He trumpets that all the time at his political rallies and constant tweets. Where is he when you need him; playing golf or watching Faux News.

This attack is a slap in the face to tobacco farmers in Trump territory, North Carolina, South Carolina and Kentucky. As the tobacco industry has known and practised for decades, you got to get them while they are young. And vaping, specifically marketed to kids is a proven method of starting the nicotine addiction process with graduation to full tobacco products.

Come on Trump. Get it in gear and protect the tobacco industry! They vote for you!
I noticed the hype ramping up here as well. I find it more likely that the tobacco lobby is railing against vapes, because they are cutting into cigarette profits.
If the tobacco industry was smart they'd go all in on the vaping craze

Does the Nicotine for vaping come from extracting it from Tobacco?

Have to look that up.

Have to look that up.

Good question

But regardless nicotine itself is really not so bad

Have to look that up.

Good question

I agree, and I looked up the biosynthesis pathways on wikipedia, and I would think extraction is easier than synthesis.

Have to look that up.

Good question

Nicotine is highly toxic. Lethal in surprisingly low concentrated doses. The dosage is low in plants though...

Have to look that up.

Good question

Nicotine is highly toxic. Lethal in surprisingly low concentrated doses. The dosage is low in plants though...

Caffeine is also toxic in it's pure form, however since there is a very limited need for pure caffeine we don't really come into contact with it.

Caffeine's LD50, oral, rats, is 192 mg/kg vs. 6.5-13 mg/kg for nicotine.

Nicotine is worse, but only by an order of magnitude or so.

Have to look that up.

Good question

Anything can be toxic

You are not going to vape yourself to death from too much nicotine

Have to look that up.

Good question

Anything can be toxic

You are not going to vape yourself to death from too much nicotine
Probably not. I do wonder what might happen if a person/ small child drank the liquid though...

Forum List

Back