Votes: 2 5.9%
  • You are born again as another living thing

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • You become spiritual oneness with the universe

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • None of the above

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Funny, many believe that IS THE LIFE! But they call it the after life... anyway.

Do you believe in an afterlife? If so, what do you think it is?
If not, why do you think we are here - or is there no reason?

We are souls, the force that God breathes into things to bring it to life. We are here to learn and to be a companions for God. But once those that has made themselves holy, that they will return to God. But all life will regain their memories of Him on that day. For one thing, that we are all going to be addicted to him, that we will not want to depart from Him ever again.
Where's your solid, scientific proof?

If god doesn't want to show himself to me, then why should I read about him in a made up book? Maybe if you had a scientific paper explaining the whole god thing in a scientific way, that would be interesting, but the people who promote god promote it with a primitive book of myths and nonsense. Like seriously, get a grip

You do not HAVE to read a book to find God.
You just have to open your eyes. God reveals himself many ways.
Why is scientific text the only thing you will consider?
Because a scientific text is based on observable facts and repeatable experiments... things like that. God is based on myths and opinion... Nevermind that the main religions put women in 2nd place, so why any woman who support that is beyond me.

Funny, many believe that IS THE LIFE! But they call it the after life... anyway.

We are souls, the force that God breathes into things to bring it to life. We are here to learn and to be a companions for God. But once those that has made themselves holy, that they will return to God. But all life will regain their memories of Him on that day. For one thing, that we are all going to be addicted to him, that we will not want to depart from Him ever again.

Because a scientific text is based on observable facts and repeatable experiments... things like that. God is based on myths and opinion... Nevermind that the main religions put women in 2nd place, so why any woman who support that is beyond me.

There ARE things we believe that have no scientific text, because, scientific text is not the only form of proof. In fact, unless you conduct the experiment yourself, the people doing it could be fabricating or lying about it, so, maybe we really do not know what is fact or real, ultimately.... I'm not saying think a certain way, I just thing we should be open minded to all possibilities, proven or not.

I'm not a fan of organized religion. That being said, I think there needs to be some sort of order in the world and in society for things to work well. I am married and have no problem deferring ultimate authority to my husband. That being said, we work as a team, but no team works with two leaders. Someone has to be the tie breaker.

That you would like this stuff simply shows what an imbecile you are. Sorry.

There ARE things we believe that have no scientific text, because, scientific text is not the only form of proof. In fact, unless you conduct the experiment yourself, the people doing it could be fabricating or lying about it, so, maybe we really do not know what is fact or real, ultimately.... I'm not saying think a certain way, I just thing we should be open minded to all possibilities, proven or not.

I'm not a fan of organized religion. That being said, I think there needs to be some sort of order in the world and in society for things to work well. I am married and have no problem deferring ultimate authority to my husband. That being said, we work as a team, but no team works with two leaders. Someone has to be the tie breaker.
The person with the best reasoning on any topic should prevail, not just because he's a man. So you'd defer to a less intelligent person just because he's a man? And go along with shit you know is wrong or a bad choice? Wow, you need a new spine.

"the people doing it could be fabricating or lying about it" you don't believe science because you think they could be ALL lying?

Dr. Caroline Leaf is on e of the top leading cognitive neuroscientist.

Something wrong with the audio, but just looking at the video, it's a woman talking who doesn't appear to present anything scientific, but just talks all the time. And then it goes into an ad for her 21 day addiction program. Sheesh!! :rolleyes:

The person with the best reasoning on any topic should prevail, not just because he's a man. So you'd defer to a less intelligent person just because he's a man? And go along with shit you know is wrong or a bad choice? Wow, you need a new spine.

"the people doing it could be fabricating or lying about it" you don't believe science because you think they could be ALL lying?
Not have the final say 100% of the time, but if you have two dominants, there winds up being a lot of headbutting, so someone needs to take a more dominant/protector role

Nope , no saying that, only that ultimately, unless you are the fact finder, you are having faith in those that are

Not have the final say 100% of the time, but if you have two dominants, there winds up being a lot of headbutting, so someone needs to take a more dominant/protector role
In our house, it's whoever's arguments are more to the point and make the most sense. I would never agree to something to avoid "headbutting", so if you're with a bully who says no just because, well, you have a bigger problem...

Nope , no saying that, only that ultimately, unless you are the fact finder, you are having faith in those that are
That's not faith, anyone can check their findings for themselves, if they were wrong/lying, another scientist would point that out in a heartbeat.

Where's your solid, scientific proof?[/QUOTE

Something wrong with the audio, but just looking at the video, it's a woman talking who doesn't appear to present anything scientific, but just talks all the time. And then it goes into an ad for her 21 day addiction program. Sheesh!! :rolleyes:
She doesn't use psychotic drugs in her practice. But in one video, that she talks about we are design to be addicted to God. That it made sense. A lot of people that had died momentary, that had out of the body experience. The majority had said that they were in a presence of a certain being, but they couldn't see this being. But they knew that they were in the presence of this being. They said all of their memories of their life was wiped away, as if it never had happen. They said that they felt peaceful, no more worries or desires for the physical nature. All they said that they were feeling great being in the presence of someone that they cannot see, but they knew that whom this being is. But when they were told that they need to go back. That they tried to put up a fight to not leave his presence. Everything that they had said aligns what it said in the scriptures. That God will wipe away their pain, tears. That the old order of things had past away.The reason why people are addicted to drugs. It is because of stress that is in the body keeps us from being in a total relax mode. That is why we only has a small moment of being in this relax mode, until something hinders it. Like worrying that it will not last that long. Life is stressful, and that drugs sort of kills the stress for just a moment until you sober up. But know that everything is going to be alright. Then there will be nothing to stress about. Just say like if you are going to trial about something that you have not done. But the outcome looks bad for you. But verdict had came in that said that you are innocent and free to leave. That feeling of relief is salvation, that makes you feel good momentary. Until your mind tells you that you are still here, having to deal with life it self all over again. But that good feeling that we strive for. If it is eternal, we will never leave from it. we will be addicted to it. But nobody hasn't reached that euphoric state, knowingly that it is never will go away. That is why drug addicts keep on trying to keep themselves in this state. But they know that it is not going to last. And so they will try to get a life time of the drug, but it will never last.

There's a lot that proves that we has something in us that controls our bodies.But we think as if the body is ourselves.

I am a maths student, and I can write an AI program that is more spiritual than you are. Will that pass your criteria of acceptance for spiritual origins? And if you want explanations beyond the "maybe", you have not been specific enough to pick one.

You cannot give the program consciousness.

You would be surprised. Mathematically, human consciousness or any biological consciousness has been successfully modeled as a state machine, which alternates between sensory input, search for stored pattern, and saving the input next to the most correlated pattern, circling through these states indefinitely. This can be easily programmed into any machine. Of course machines can have other consciousnesses too. But this proves that even things you never suspect to be conscious can be conscious.

That's a hard sell, curious if you could provide your idea of what consciousness is. Opinions differ.

Okay, what do humans do when they are conscious? They do those states that the above model describes. Invariably. Do you find anything different?

Yeah, I find the differences between the awareness of a human being of himself and his environment to greatly exceed that of a machine that is limited to the input from it's sensors and restricted by it's programming. Especially when it comes to spiritual matters, I do not think any computer can be programmed for love, faith, trust, hope, etc. And that is why IMHO no AI program in existence today can be said to be conscious.
Well, we are not talking about programming a computer for consciousness. We are talking about programming a computer to think and see what it comes up with.

Most people that don't want to believe there is a God will not seek any kind of evidence.

People that REALLY want to learn will read a lot from both sides.
Why should you have to read to find god? That makes no sense. I never had to read about a tree before I could see it and go and touch it... and see that it's real.

Why should God have to show Himself to you? Maybe he wants you to open your eyes. Surely, you don't believe our senses are THAT limited....

Why should God have to hide? Even Christians want him to come out of the shadows.

God does not need to breathe life into us. That is carrying the myth waaay too far.

Life is continuous. sperm alive, egg alive.

sperm_zygot.jpg

Where is the soul?

God does not need to breathe life into us. That is carrying the myth waaay too far.

Life is continuous. sperm alive, egg alive.
What Moses saw in his visions, that it looks as if someone had breathe life into Adam. I don't know have you ever had seen someone that was once dead, but came to life. That they at first look pale and purplish. Sunken in face. But once they are back breathing. It look as if some is pumping air into them. Their face becomes fuller and their complexion becomes brighter right before your eyes, as if some has breathe life into them. And so I believes that Moses was just describing to the people of what he had seen in the visions.

sperm_zygot.jpg

Where is the soul?
But what makes the sperm to traveled to the egg?. Why doesn't the sperms just jump out from the womb? And do you know that if the woman have sex with more than one partner at that moment. That the sperms start attacking the foreign sperms, but they do not attack each other? And so sperms has intelligence, just as the same way orbs that some people believes that they has intelligence, that can form themselves into the forms of people or animals.

Forum List

Back