The 2020 election is being framed as the most consequential of our lifetimes. Is it?

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
Even a casual observer of the last 3+ years understands why it's being framed this way. The Wrecking ball-in-Chief has laid waste to anything approximating normalcy with respect to the office of the POTUS. We've all seen the disheartening examples of vulgarity, cruelty, ignorance, vindictiveness, narcissism, corruption, incompetence, and dishonesty.

Trump's is an egocentric presidency during which he has turned once revered government agencies in to political tools. He's shown a willingness to compromise the health and well being of American citizens for the sake of his falsely self-attributed success with the economy........his perceived ticket to re-election. The magnitude and scope of his dishonesty has been so disorienting that his minions are no longer able to discern fact from fiction. One wonders if they ever will again.

Which leads me to ask, is this the most consequential election if even after Trump is gone the mechanism by which his lies are amplified and reinforced remains? Does it matter in the grand scheme if the most important aspect of a successful democracy.........a well informed electorate........is no longer possible?

Even a casual observer of the last 3+ years understands why it's being framed this way. The Wrecking ball-in-Chief has laid waste to anything approximating normalcy with respect to the office of the POTUS. We've all seen the disheartening examples of vulgarity, cruelty, ignorance, vindictiveness, narcissism, corruption, incompetence, and dishonesty.

Trump's is an egocentric presidency during which he has turned once revered government agencies in to political tools. He's shown a willingness to compromise the health and well being of American citizens for the sake of his falsely self-attributed success with the economy........his perceived ticket to re-election. The magnitude and scope of his dishonesty has been so disorienting that his minions are no longer able to discern fact from fiction. One wonders if they ever will again.

Which leads me to ask, is this the most consequential election if even after Trump is gone the mechanism by which his lies are amplified and reinforced remains? Does it matter in the grand scheme if the most important aspect of a successful democracy.........a well informed electorate........is no longer possible?
The Dems have been exposed.
They are rotten to the core corrupt.
The lie, cheat and steal.
They make their cities and states unlivable for the middle class.
They are pushing America into being a third world banana republic one party Marxist dictatorship.
They use mass voter fraud to steal elections.
They use our government agencies as their political weapons.
Their politicians are crooks.
Their voters are dumb bigots.

What Horse Shit this is:

Trump has...

1) "...laid waste to anything approximating normalcy..." (He defeated Al Quita who Obama had let overrun the Middle East, and is in the process of bringing home our troops; started no new wars; had the economy roaring; lowest unemployment ever for minorities etc.)

2) "...willingness to compromise the health and well being of American citizen..." (Willing to allow states run by rational people, like Florida to open and try not to destroy the economy any worse than the Bat-Eating Chinese already have with their virus; also willing to let half-ass tin horn's like the Nazi in Michigan destroy their state's economy and to let Cuomo kill thousands in Nursing homes--in other words---allow the Federalism the founders provided for, and which the States were demanding.)

The hyperbole of this O.P., a Trump Demented Ranter is reaching Barney Fife-like absurdities. He/she should stay away from MSNBC and CNN for a month and spend it all in a Mental Institution. How foolish this nonsense is.

_______

The Dems have been exposed.
They are rotten to the core corrupt.
The lie, cheat and steal.
They make their cities and states unlivable for the middle class.
They are pushing America into being a third world banana republic one party Marxist dictatorship.
They use mass voter fraud to steal elections.
They use our government agencies as their political weapons.
Their politicians are crooks.
Their voters are dumb bigots.
Looks like this was written by a ten year old

The Democrats are building up Joe Biden way beyond his capabilities. He's going to fold once he's forced to go live on stage with Trump. Guaranteed.

Watch who's picked for VP. They will try to replace Sanders as the next in line with the choice. That will indeed be interesting.

It will determine which way our nation is headed

Do we want stable leadership or Trump demagoguery?
"Stable" leadership from a dementia ridden pedophile :lol:

Donald Trump

I am smart, I have the best words
George Washington captured the airports
Injecting disinfectant is something we need to look into
Windmills cause cancer

Holy covfefe! I win

Dismissing the OP's anti-Trump whine-fest:

I voted in my first Presidential election in 1980. I was 18 years old.

During the run-up to that election, and to every Presidential election since, I've heard "This is the most important election of our lifetime" or "We've never had a more consequential election" or words to that effect.

The most important election of my life was in 1980. It was my first, and it's largely what got me interested in politics...

Donald Trump

Windmills cause cancer

Holy covfefe! I win
Deflect. Its all you have when your support goes to a dementia ridden pedophile

The hyperbole of this O.P., a Trump Demented Ranter is reaching Barney Fife-like absurdities.
Shall we go down the list of things this prez has done that have never been done before and will never be done again?

Donald Trump

Windmills cause cancer

Holy covfefe! I win
Deflect. Its all you have when your support goes to a dementia ridden pedophile

How is pointing out Trumps severe dementia a deflection?
Want to bring out pedophilia?
Why don’t we discuss Trump raping a 13 year old?

Holy Covfefe! I win again

They say that every cycle. We survived 8 years of a kenyan lawn jockey turning the White House into the White Hut, I think we'll be fine whatever happens in Nov.

I know I will be.

I love it when racists post
Shows the backbone of Conservative America

Yes it is the most consequential election since FDR. Trump has proven to be the most inept, mentally unstable, and corrupt president in US history. Oh, we have had presidents who were either one of the three but never had we had a president win the trifecta in all those categories.

Trump is dismantling the institutions that made this country great. Trump has put our politics into third world shithole class. Trump is a disgrace and embarrassment on the national stage. He ran has a chaos candidate and governed as the chaos president.

If anyone under 60 has any sense they will vote Trump out as well as his enablers. There future depends on it.

Forum List

Back