The 1950s are coming back

Many liberals see the rise of Trump and far-right leaders in Europe, the Philippines and other parts of the world as a repeat of the fascist rise of Hitler, Mussolini and Francisco Franco. But if history is truly repeating itself, the defeat of fascism in this century will be followed not by a progressive paradise but by a post-World War II-type era of social conservatism and bourgeoise ideals: the “1950s,” a period often mocked and derided by the left.

(The social description “the 1950s” encompasses the post-war period of 1946 to 1963, before the social revolution ushered in by the Beatles and the Vietnam War protests.)

When the neo-1950s come back, still several years away, look for woman to focus more on family and children and less on careers. The alphabet soup can of LGBTQ will be pushed to the rear of the pantry. The self-segregation by ideology occurring now may be extended to self-segregation by lifestyle and race.

The cosmopolitan elites will persevere, but they will lose much of their influence in the media.

While the culture will move right, a liberal amount of government intervention will be required to focus on the family. For example, generous Social Security credits might be given to stay-at-home moms who have gainfully employed husbands.
Is that how you feel, that women will be making more babies and staying home? Hmmm.
Kinda how you keep a country strong lol

If keeping a country strong requires women to make more babies and stay home, why can't you speak openly and honestly to women about this, speak to men openly and honestly about how they can support women in this endeavor, and how men can support women after they have completed this "mission" and wish to devote the rest of their lives to what actually interests them? If a woman has competed raising children, are you going to assist her in taking her place in your profession? It's the same sort of situation as helping veterans returning to civilian life after completing their service. Let's see the support.

If a woman decides that being a wife and mother is her preferred profession, that's not 'acceptable' to you?

Many liberals see the rise of Trump and far-right leaders in Europe, the Philippines and other parts of the world as a repeat of the fascist rise of Hitler, Mussolini and Francisco Franco. But if history is truly repeating itself, the defeat of fascism in this century will be followed not by a progressive paradise but by a post-World War II-type era of social conservatism and bourgeoise ideals: the “1950s,” a period often mocked and derided by the left.

(The social description “the 1950s” encompasses the post-war period of 1946 to 1963, before the social revolution ushered in by the Beatles and the Vietnam War protests.)

When the neo-1950s come back, still several years away, look for woman to focus more on family and children and less on careers. The alphabet soup can of LGBTQ will be pushed to the rear of the pantry. The self-segregation by ideology occurring now may be extended to self-segregation by lifestyle and race.

The cosmopolitan elites will persevere, but they will lose much of their influence in the media.

While the culture will move right, a liberal amount of government intervention will be required to focus on the family. For example, generous Social Security credits might be given to stay-at-home moms who have gainfully employed husbands.
Is that how you feel, that women will be making more babies and staying home? Hmmm.

If keeping a country strong requires women to make more babies and stay home, why can't you speak openly and honestly to women about this, speak to men openly and honestly about how they can support women in this endeavor, and how men can support women after they have completed this "mission" and wish to devote the rest of their lives to what actually interests them? If a woman has competed raising children, are you going to assist her in taking her place in your profession? It's the same sort of situation as helping veterans returning to civilian life after completing their service. Let's see the support.
Are you questioning how we built the greatest country in the world? Lol go ask your grand mother.. why are you democrats SO UNEDUCATED?

I am not uneducated just because you cannot speak intelligently and honestly. Address these questions honestly with female adults with your feet on the ground, not with greeting-card sentiments or other such drivel. Speak openly. Why do you hide from women? Let's see what you have to offer. For example, how would you help mothers returning to society to achieve their professional goals?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
... segregation worked out just fine for us. ....

Who is "us"?

White people. You know, people of European descent?

Who told you that you speak for "white people"?

For one, I am white. Two, my entire family and friends are white. .....

That doesn't mean you speak for 'white people.' It is a mere superficiality.

Ah that mythical far off time when things were perfect and everyone who was not white and male knew to keep their place. The little boomers were princes of all creation and had a whole world of resources to plunder and we could all pollute to our hearts content. The Fonz could fix anything with a rap of his knuckles and Sheriff Taylor's worst crime problem was Earnest T. Bass.

Quit pining for a time that was only good on TV.

Hmmm...sounds like a terrible time to be a pole puffer, rug muncher, chick with dick, unAmerican foreigner or degenerate piece of shit and an awesome time to be a real American....You and your likers would have hated it I'm sure.

If a woman decides that being a wife and mother is her preferred profession, that's not 'acceptable' to you?

This only lasts until her children are grown up, and all that while she has put her own interests aside all that while to raise them. So how will you help these women to connect with their own interests. Wife and mother is one thing, just as husband and father is one thing, but what comes next? Husbands and fathers still have an opportunity to pursue their professional interests, even when their children are small. Why are women confined to one profession and men are not? Look at most of the leading men in our society. Most of them are husbands and fathers, no? But they still do what they want; lawyer, doctor, politician, microbiologist, electrician, race-car driver, etc. Women have interests, too.

• Thanks

Who is "us"?

He does...trust me...NO legit Caucasian prefers to live among foreigners. It just doesn't make any sense to WANT to deal with the cultural and communication barriers.

Ah that mythical far off time when things were perfect and everyone who was not white and male knew to keep their place. The little boomers were princes of all creation and had a whole world of resources to plunder and we could all pollute to our hearts content. The Fonz could fix anything with a rap of his knuckles and Sheriff Taylor's worst crime problem was Earnest T. Bass.

Quit pining for a time that was only good on TV.

Hmmm...sounds like a terrible time to be a pole puffer, rug muncher, chick with dick, unAmerican foreigner or degenerate piece of shit and an awesome time to be a real American....You and your likers would have hated it I'm sure.
Go out in public and touch stuff.

Who is "us"?

I never said I speak for all. But statistics show I am pretty much accurate with my assessment.

Who is "us"?

He does...trust me...NO legit Caucasian prefers to live among foreigners. It just doesn't make any sense to WANT to deal with the cultural and communication barriers.

What is a "legit Caucasian"?

• Thanks

It's not a white person who breathes oxygen. There's a bit more to it...sucks huh?

It's not a white person who breathes oxygen. There's a bit more to it...sucks huh?

Not all people of European ancestry and light skin behave like baboons. My family doesn't. Aren't you referring more to people who are what we call "white trash"?

It was a racist apartheid nation back then. We don't need to go back there.

Why not? There were ten times more good things than bad back then.

No there wasn't. We don't need to go back to apartheid.

We don't? Then tell me, what was so bad about it? Don't you think that if people are happier living with their own kind, it's a good thing?

I guess that when you are white and racist the logic of a fascist system that denies you of rights based on your race doesn't register since you were the ones getting all the benefits.

Benefits such as what? While I admit, job discrimination was a tragedy, but segregation worked out just fine for us. Desegregation is what led to the demise of thousands of neighborhoods across the country. You think that's better? Well......maybe for you, but not for us.

My properties are worth less today than when I purchased them 25 years ago. I'll give you one guess as to why. Without HUD, all the so-called fair housing laws, not only would my investment not have lost money, it probably would have doubled.

But this is what liberals call being progressive. Yeah, that's the ticket. Ruin everything for everybody else, and then call that moving ahead.
So that “all men are created equal” stuff is something you disagree with?

• Thanks

Not all people of European ancestry and light skin behave like baboons. My family doesn't. Aren't you referring more to people who are what we call "white trash"?

Negative...white trash is filth and filth never bothered by other filth...you honestly didn't know that?

Negative...white trash is filth and filth never bothered by other filth...you honestly didn't know that?

What are you asking me? I "honestly" don't know exactly what. From what you are implying, the term "white trash" might apply to you. You honestly sound like a white supremacist.

This only lasts until her children are grown up, and all that while she has put her own interests aside all that while to raise them. .....

What if her interests ARE being a wife and mother? Not good enough for you?

Who is "us"?

I never said I speak for all. But statistics show I am pretty much accurate with my assessment.

What statistics?

Who is "us"?

For one, I am white. Two, my entire family and friends are white. Three, white flight speaks of how most whites feel about integration.
So are you trying to say that most whites are racists?

Forum List

Back