The 13th and 15th amendments combined say former convicts must be allowed to vote.

The Supreme Court said that non-citizens have the same civil rights as American citizens. Are you going to now claim that foreigners, who aren't citizens can vote in an American election?

Quote the Supreme Court making the claim you've offered.

Are you still claiming that voting isn't a right?

What are the qualifications required to register to vote?

Where is that quote from the Supreme Court? You know, the one that says non-citizens have the same civil rights as American citizens.

And are you still insisting that voting isn't a right?

Yeah, you don't want to answer that one...lol

I'm still waiting for you to provide the quote from Supreme Court that says that says non-citizens have the same civil rights as American citizens.

Can we take it by your utter failure to provide that quote and your refusal to even discuss the topic now.....that you've abandoned that claim too?

And are you still claiming that voting isn't a right? This is the third time I've asked.....and you won't touch it with a 10 foot pole now.

That was easy.

Propagandizing your point isn't going to make you any less wrong, unless you can show me the amendment in the Bill of Rights that guaranteed the right to vote.

Quote the Supreme Court making the claim you've offered.

Are you still claiming that voting isn't a right?

Where is that quote from the Supreme Court? You know, the one that says non-citizens have the same civil rights as American citizens.

I'm still waiting for you to provide the quote from Supreme Court that says that says non-citizens have the same civil rights as American citizens.

Can we take it by your utter failure to provide that quote and your refusal to even discuss the topic now.....that you've abandoned that claim too?

And are you still claiming that voting isn't a right? This is the third time I've asked.....and you won't touch it with a 10 foot pole now.

That was easy.

Propagandizing your point isn't going to make you any less wrong, unless you can show me the amendment in the Bill of Rights that guaranteed the right to vote.

How is asking you to show us the supreme court ruling you claim to be quoting 'propogandizing my point'?

You made this claim:

WildBillKelsoe said:
The Supreme Court said that non-citizens have the same civil rights as American citizens. Are you going to now claim that foreigners, who aren't citizens can vote in an American election?

Post 35

The 13th and 15th amendments combined say former convicts must be allowed to vote.

Show me the supreme court ruling saying that. So far, all you've managed to do is give me increasingly pathetic excuses why you can't.

Or have you abandoned your own claims? Sigh....again? If you're treating it like your piece of shit claim that voting isn't a right....and completely abandoning it, just say so.

That was easy.

How is asking you to show us the supreme court ruling you claim to be quoting 'propogandizing my point'?

You made this claim:

WildBillKelsoe said:

Post 35

Show me the supreme court ruling saying that. So far, all you've managed to do is give me increasingly pathetic excuses why you can't.

Or have you abandoned your own claims? Sigh....again? If you're treating it like your piece of shit claim that voting isn't a right....and completely abandoning it, just say so.

http://www.salon.com/2010/02/01/collins_5/

That was easy.

You made this claim:

WildBillKelsoe said:

Post 35

Susan Collins spreads central myth about the Constitution

And where did the Supreme Court say that non-citizens have the same civil rights as American citizens? Quote the case you claim to be citing.

That was easy.

You made this claim:

WildBillKelsoe said:

Post 35

And where did the Supreme Court say that non-citizens have the same civil rights as American citizens? Quote the case you claim to be citing.

You're going to be obtuse, NOW?

That was easy.

You made this claim:

WildBillKelsoe said:

Post 35

You're going to be obtuse, NOW?

Still can't provide the case you claim to be citing, huh? I'll give you a preview of what you're going to find when you start citing the *actual* cases.

Q: Do people who aren't American citizens have the same constitutional rights as American citizens?

A: It depends on the right and the non-citizen.

Now....quote the actual case you claim to be citing so we can demonstrate this principle for everyone.

I said, "voting isn't a right", because The Constitution doesn't have an amendment making it a right. Thanks for catching up.
great. you're wrong, but great. voting is a right in this country

What amendment guarantees the right to vote?
are you saying that the right to vote doesn't exist?

I'm saying The Constitution doesn't guantee the right to vote.

Says who? Remember, the Constitution isn't an exhaustive list of rights. Read the 9th amendment. And the 15th amendment *explicitly* cites the right to vote. A right you insist doesn't exist.

Are all conservatives this fucking stupid? Or is just you?
Clearly this is rhetorical – both questions.

And only an ignorant loon would claim that voting isn’t a fundamental right.

great. you're wrong, but great. voting is a right in this country

Says who? Remember, the Constitution isn't an exhaustive list of rights. Read the 9th amendment. And the 15th amendment *explicitly* cites the right to vote. A right you insist doesn't exist.

Where does The Bill of Rights say that? The Bill of Rights contains all of our civil rights.

Where does The Bill of Rights say that? The Bill of Rights contains all of our civil rights.

The Bill of Rights doesn't say you're this fucking stupid. The constitution and the amendments are the *evidence* that you're this fucking stupid.

As the 15th amendment literally says 'the right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied'....and you insist that voting is not a right.

As for the constitution saying that 'voting is a right', what ever gave you the idea that the constitution has to enumerate a right for it to exist?

The Bill of Rights doesn't say you're this fucking stupid. The constitution and the amendments are the *evidence* that you're this fucking stupid.

As the 15th amendment literally says 'the right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied'....and you insist that voting is not a right.

As for the constitution saying that 'voting is a right', what ever gave you the idea that the constitution has to enumerate a right for it to exist?

So, you CAN'T show me the amendment within The Bill of Rights guarantees the right to vote?

Would gun ownership be a guaranteed right, if The Constitution didn't guarantee it?

Oh, and the 15th Amendment isn't a part of the Bill of Rights.

I await with bated breath for you to explain how a how private gun ownership would automatically exist without The Bill of Rights.

I await with bated breath for you to explain how a how private gun ownership would automatically exist without The Bill of Rights.

You're never read the 9th amendment?

9th amendment of the Constitution of the United States said:
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

You're seriously never read this?

I though you guys were supposed to be 'all about the constitution'. And yet you are clearly clueless about the 9th amendment.

So, you CAN'T show me the amendment within The Bill of Rights guarantees the right to vote?

I've shown you the 15th amendment explicitly citing the right to vote. Yet you bizarrely insist that there is no right to vote.

And the 9th amendment which makes it ludicrously clear that a right need not be enumerated to be reserved by the people. Yet you bizarrely insist that a right has to be in the Bill of Rights in order to be protected by the constitution.

Holy shit, you suck at the constitution.

Would gun ownership be a guaranteed right, if The Constitution didn't guarantee it?

The 9th amendment.

And it doesn't matter if the 15th amendment isn't part of the Bill of Rights. You seemed to have missed the 'amendment' part of the '15th amendment'. An amendment IS the constitution.

How do you not know this? Seriously how many constitutional fuck ups can you pack into one thread?

I've shown you the 15th amendment explicitly citing the right to vote. Yet you bizarrely insist that there is no right to vote.

And the 9th amendment which makes it ludicrously clear that a right need not be enumerated to be reserved by the people. Yet you bizarrely insist that a right has to be in the Bill of Rights in order to be protected by the constitution.

The 9th amendment.

And it doesn't matter if the 15th amendment isn't part of the Bill of Rights. You seemed to have missed the 'amendment' part of the '15th amendment'. An amendment IS the constitution.

How do you not know this? Seriously how many constitutional fuck ups can you pack into one thread?

So, you're saying that gun ownership would be a 100% guarteed unalienable right, without the 2nd amendment?

The 9th amendment.

So, you're saying that gun ownership would be a 100% guarteed unalienable right, without the 2nd amendment?

I'm saying this:

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

How do you not know this?

You've abandoned virtually every stupid ass claim you've made in this thread. But at the very least, I would have thought you'd read the Bill of Rights. You babble about it so frequently.

But...nope. Not even that.

The voting rights amendments did not confer any rights. They only addressed discrimination based on the subject of each amendment. Any state can eliminate popular voting in a presidential election and choose the electoral votes in the state legislature and this would be constitutionally valid.

So when the 15th amendment says 'the right of citizens of the United States to vote'......they didn't actually mean the right to vote? Really?

And on the presidential run, sure...its all about the State Legislatures. But not for congress. Not for local officials. And now, not for senators.

Voting is most definitely a right.

If the Fifteenth Amendment conferred voting rights, it would not have this language in Section 1:

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.​

And there would be no reason for the Ninetenth Amendment.

Both amendments dealt with discrimination.

The 9th amendment.

I'm saying this:

You've abandoned virtually every stupid ass claim you've made in this thread. But at the very least, I would have thought you'd read the Bill of Rights. You babble about it so frequently.

Don't hurt yourself dodging the question...lol

The voting rights amendments did not confer any rights. They only addressed discrimination based on the subject of each amendment. Any state can eliminate popular voting in a presidential election and choose the electoral votes in the state legislature and this would be constitutionally valid.

So when the 15th amendment says 'the right of citizens of the United States to vote'......they didn't actually mean the right to vote? Really?

And on the presidential run, sure...its all about the State Legislatures. But not for congress. Not for local officials. And now, not for senators.

Voting is most definitely a right.

If the Fifteenth Amendment conferred voting rights, it would not have this language in Section 1:

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.​

And there would be no reason for the Ninetenth Amendment.

Both amendments dealt with discrimination.

So when the 15th amendment stated that 'right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied'.....it didn't mean the right to vote?

Seriously? That's your argument?

You're never read the 9th amendment?

You're seriously never read this?

I though you guys were supposed to be 'all about the constitution'. And yet you are clearly clueless about the 9th amendment.
The intent of the Ninth Amendment was to prevent the federal government from interpreting Article I, Section 8 broadly enough to encroach on state's rights.

The 9th amendment.

I'm saying this:

Don't hurt yourself dodging the question...lol

I have answered it. You simply don't understand the basis of rights under the constitution. You assume that enumeration establishes constitutional protection of right. And without enumeration, there is no constitutional protection.

Um, no.

Enumeration does establish constitutional protection. But its not necessary for a right to be constitutionally protected. Which is why your demand that I 'show you in the constitution' where a right is protected is such a comically ignorant idea. The Constitution isn't an exhaustive list of rights.

Let me repeat that. The constitution isn't an exhaustive list of rights. Its an exhaustive list of *powers*.

Making your demands that we 'show you where in the constitution' is right is enumerated or else it doesn't exist just a demonstration of spectacular ignorance.

Forum List

Back