The 13th and 15th amendments combined say former convicts must be allowed to vote.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
15A -The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

So you can't deny the vote based on previous servitude

13A - Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

So servitude includes punishment for a crime.

• Banned
Of course the 13A has been violated for decades and nobody cares. Both forced military service ( the draft) and jury duty are examples.

15A -The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

So you can't deny the vote based on previous servitude

13A - Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

So servitude includes punishment for a crime.

Nope. You're using the old 'tricyles have wheels, thus anything with wheels is a tricycle' fallacy. The 13th amendment doesn't say that any punishment of a crime is involuntary servitude.

Nor does the 15th amendment indicate that you can't be denied voting rights as part of punishment for a crime.

. The 13th amendment doesn't say that any punishment of a crime is involuntary servitude.

Most certainly does, you illogical nitwit.

Nope. Not even close.

If you're ever curious why your pseudo-legal gibberish almost never has a thing to do with actual legal outcomes, this would be a shining example.

Your entire argument is the 'tricycles have wheels' fallacy.

Voting isn't a right.

The Supreme Court clearly disagrees.

There's nothing in The Constitution that gives citizens the right to vote and The Supreme Court is wrong.

The 15th amendment literally says 'the right of citizens to vote shall not be denied'. And you insist that there is nothing in the Constitution that gives citizens the right to vote?

Sigh.....you can't fix stupid.

The 15th Amendment says votersccant be discrminated against, but there's no amendment Rhett give American citizens the right to vote.

There's nothing in The Constitution that gives citizens the right to vote and The Supreme Court is wrong.

. Truth is, elections are rigged anyway and the only voting that works is voting with your feet. That's why we should return to states rights where nearly everything is handled locally. If you don't like the way your state is run, you can move.

Voting isn't a right.

The 15th amendment literally says 'the right of citizens to vote shall not be denied'. And you insist that there is nothing in the Constitution that gives citizens the right to vote?

The 15th Amendment says votersccant be discrminated against, but there's no amendment Rhett give American citizens the right to vote.

No, it says, explicit.....that the right to vote shall not be denied. The word 'right to vote' is in the amendment.

15th amendment said:
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

And yet in defiance of logic, reason, English and natural selection.....you insist that there is no such thing as the right to vote.

Like I said.....you can't fix stupid. Though you can have stupid demonstrate why its ignorant babble is gloriously irrelevant.

. Truth is, elections are rigged anyway and the only voting that works is voting with your feet. That's why we should return to states rights where nearly everything is handled locally. If you don't like the way your state is run, you can move.

Truth is.....the right to vote does exist. Truth is.....states don't have rights. People do. And when the States violate those rights, the federal government can and should protect rights of people.

are you allowed to move out of state?

Voting isn't a right.

No, it says, explicit.....that the right to vote shall not be denied. The word 'right to vote' is in the amendment.

15th amendment said:
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

And yet in defiance of logic, reason, English and natural selection.....you insist that there is no such thing as the right to vote.

Like I said.....you can't fix stupid. Though you can have stupid demonstrate why its ignorant babble is gloriously irrelevant.

I never said there's no such thing as the right to vote. I said, there's no amendment in The Constitution guaranteeing the right to vote.

I never said there's no such thing as the right to vote. I said, there's no amendment in The Constitution guaranteeing the right to vote.

No, you said straight out that voting isn't a right.

WildBillKelsoe said:

And at least you've had the sense to back off that steaming pile of pseudo-legal horseshit. And of course, the 15th amendment explicitly cites the RIGHT TO VOTE and how it shall not be denied.

15th amendment said:

Popping your latest cyst of laughably ignorance.

And of course, there is your foundation mistake: assuming that a right has to be enumerated in the Constitution to exist. Um, where did you *ever* get such a stupid fucking idea? And that's saying something given your record of comic constitutional blunders in this thread alone.

That's 3 utter constitutional fuck ups you've made. And we're only on page 2.

Last edited:

WildBillKelsoe said:

And at least you've had the sense to back off that steaming pile of pseudo-legal horseshit. And of course, the 15th amendment explicitly cites the RIGHT TO VOTE and how it shall not be denied.

15th amendment said:

And of course, there is your foundation mistake: assuming that a right has to be enumerated in the Constitution to exist. Um, where did you *ever* get such a stupid fucking idea? And that's saying something given your record of comic constitutional blunders in this thread alone.

That's not what I said, stop lying.

WildBillKelsoe said:

15th amendment said:

he's quoted you... are you trying to say that someone hacked your account and posted those incorrect statements on your behalf?

WildBillKelsoe said:

15th amendment said:

he's quoted you... are you trying to say that someone hacked your account and posted those incorrect statements on your behalf?

No, he didn't quote me. I NEVER said, "the right to vote doesn't exist". Get your shit together.

Forum List

Back