The 10 most corrupt states in the U.S.

R

rdean

10 most corrupt states in America - Fortune

The researchers studied more than 25,000 convictions of public officials for violation of federal corruption laws between 1976 and 2008 as well as patterns in state spending to develop a corruption index that estimates the most and least corrupt states in the union. Based on this method, the the most corrupt states are:

1. Mississippi
2. Louisiana
3. Tennessee
4. Illinois
5. Pennsylvania
6. Alabama
7. Alaska
8. South Dakota
9. Kentucky
10. Florida

-------------------------------------

Gee, didn't see that coming. The most corrupt also get the most free money from the Federal Government. Can anyone say "conservative"?

Even worse, these are the states that are the most active in "voter suppression".

The Repub senator from my state has the distinction of being the second more corrupt in the nation.

Nice, huh?

The researchers studied more than 25,000 convictions of public officials for violation of federal corruption laws between 1976 and 2008 as well as patterns in state spending to develop a corruption index that estimates the most and least corrupt states in the union. Based on this method, the the most corrupt states are:

1. Mississippi
2. Louisiana
3. Tennessee
4. Illinois
5. Pennsylvania
6. Alabama
7. Alaska
8. South Dakota
9. Kentucky
10. Florida

-------------------------------------

Gee, didn't see that coming. The most corrupt also get the most free money from the Federal Government. Can anyone say "conservative"?
Yes one can! Why isn't it surprising that at least half of those states are in the South and red Republican states at that as are many of the rest with few exceptions! That is very telling!

The right values ignorance and mediocrity. They hate education, call educated people "elitists" and want to hire the best people from other countries. They're against paying a salary that people can live on.

Its not by accident that the reddest states get the most welfare/food stamps.

Let's see...is this based on the gross number of convictions or convictions per capita? Or convictions per number of elected officals. Convictions of elected officials only, or appointees, or high level bureaucrats?

And what about this: if a state were TOTALLY corrupt, so that the AG simply didn't go after anyone, then even if everyone in government were corrupt it would not show up on the list, due to a lack of "convictions."

Honestly, I think the list and the concept are basically bullshit.

But the point is valid. There is a lot of self-dealing and corruption in government. Good argument for term limits, eh?

1. Mississippi
2. Louisiana
3. Tennessee
4. Illinois
5. Pennsylvania
6. Alabama
7. Alaska
8. South Dakota
9. Kentucky
10. Florida

Let's all cross our fingers that you move to one of them and break a few laws as soon as you get there, then. :badgrin:

What a coincidence, most of those states are bankrupt. But I thought you meant corrupt as in morally, like Colorado. The nation's whore state. A liberal progressive corrupt haven for wingers of the left liberal persuasion. Corrupt, like THAT. I wish we were bankrupt, poor monetarily, and not this insane anything goes form of corruption. Legal dope, gay marriage. Dogs and cat living together. And a spineless governor that cows to any popular demands because he doesn't want to "OFFEND" anyone.

Even worse, these are the states that are the most active in "voter suppression".
give us an example of voter suppression in one of these states.:doubt:

There is a program called "Google". You can enter questions and look stuff up. It's not all left wing lies. There are also statistics and data you can look at.

It's a real shame Republicans try to derail the conversation by saying it's all about voter ID when they know early voting is being cut. Polling locations closed. New rules put into place targeting minorities. You see those long lines in Republican areas? We both know why they don't exist, right? Come on. Admit it. Tell the truth. It will make you feel better.

Map-of-Shame-2013-Sept-17.png

What a coincidence, most of those states are bankrupt. But I thought you meant corrupt as in morally, like Colorado. The nation's whore state. A liberal progressive corrupt haven for wingers of the left liberal persuasion. Corrupt, like THAT. I wish we were bankrupt, poor monetarily, and not this insane anything goes form of corruption. Legal dope, gay marriage. Dogs and cat living together. And a spineless governor that cows to any popular demands because he doesn't want to "OFFEND" anyone.

Drugs, then gays, then animals? You are a sick fuck. Go get your meds before you reach for a ........

I would be more concerned about those where there were NO convictions. Convictions mean something is being done about the problem. NO convictions means Democrats control the courts as well as the legislatures.

I would be more concerned about those where there were NO convictions. Convictions mean something is being done about the problem. NO convictions means Democrats control the courts as well as the legislatures.

and yet the corrupt states are mostly Republican. Except for what? One?

Uh, you do realize that corruption at the local level in a red state is not necessarily red corruption, it could just as easily be blue corruption...which negates any correlation you are attempting...

"...since the civil rights revolution, the Deep South has become a bastion of black political power: Mississippi has more black elected officials than any other state. But these men and women are invariably elected by majority-black districts, and those who win their positions tend to keep them.

http://nytimes.com/2012/12/02/opini...he-mississippi-delta.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

and yet the corrupt states are mostly Republican. Except for what? One?

Lemme 'splain it to ya.

The rating is based upon convictions. Those red states have the highest number of convictions which means they are ferreting out corruption and punishing those who commit it. In blue states the corrupt get a free pass so are free to continue feeding out of taxpayers purses. Which I feel certain you enjoy, perhaps the hands in the pockets?

I think Chris Matthews is a federalist dick and the research done by a university in Hong Kong.

Forum List

Back