That is %&^%#$! it.... Microsoft Win 10 is out of my house.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
The last laptop with Win 10 dual boots with Linuxmint.
I am going to reinstall Linuxmint and wipe out Win10 completely.

So after arriving home from work a little bit ago, I sit down on the coach and reach for the laptop. It is HOT. And I can hear the processor fan blowing away. WTF?? No one is home, and no one has used this computer since last night. Why is this damn thing running??
I log in... go to Network and process history and two things have been running for the past 6 hours...
Host Process for Windows
Uninstalled Processes... what the fuck is that?... so I go to look , after researching both websites I trust and have used for years call it the "mysterious process". The official Microsoft explanation of what this process is, is it logs activity for processes that no longer exist. Say what? So yeah... just like they said - how can a process that no longer exist be using memory and network activity?
Long story short - both sites say it is actually linked to Microsoft Telemetry, and the process didn't exist before M$ telemetry.
So... both of the above programs transferred 538 MP in total. The "uninstalled process" transferred 121 MB of that.
121 MB. WTF??... what did Microsoft download from my computer that is 121 MB?? That is a boatload of data!!

Fuck it... I'm gone.

So after arriving home from work a little bit ago, I sit down on the coach and reach for the laptop. It is HOT. And I can hear the processor fan blowing away. WTF?? No one is home, and no one has used this computer since last night. Why is this damn thing running??
I log in... go to Network and process history and two things have been running for the past 6 hours...
Host Process for Windows
Uninstalled Processes... what the fuck is that?... so I go to look , after researching both websites I trust and have used for years call it the "mysterious process". The official Microsoft explanation of what this process is, is it logs activity for processes that no longer exist. Say what? So yeah... just like they said - how can a process that no longer exist be using memory and network activity?
Long story short - both sites say it is actually linked to Microsoft Telemetry, and the process didn't exist before M$ telemetry.
So... both of the above programs transferred 538 MP in total. The "uninstalled process" transferred 121 MB of that.
121 MB. WTF??... what did Microsoft download from my computer that is 121 MB?? That is a boatload of data!!

Fuck it... I'm gone.

Yeah. The mandatory updates killed it for me.

Host Process for Windows

Fuck it... I'm gone.
Another MS PC user schnookered. Buy a Mac and run old Windows out of Parallels.

Host Process for Windows

Fuck it... I'm gone.

I haven't used Baal's stuff in years, but as I recall you can disable telemetry across the board.

Host Process for Windows

Fuck it... I'm gone.

Yeah. The mandatory updates killed it for me.

The mandatory updates are a TOTAL bitch.

Host Process for Windows

Fuck it... I'm gone.

I've had similar problems and issues with non-Windows products. Maybe some creepy activities against me, maybe just a bug. I track my activities anyways, so anything happening against me would be at the I/P level. It's not just Windows, this much you can be certain.

The difficulty is building an O/S that is going to run on every hardware/software config (and other component upgrades) in the world and not being able to test it for 4-5 years so that you know the bugs aren't going to occur. Impossible of course, so there are many bugs (not saying this was your particular situation).

The future of computer software is going to be open source anyways, of this I am confident. Even corporations and government agencies are embracing this. There are simply too many talented, creative and just outright infatuated programmers out there who don't pursue the big corporate career. I have a great admiration for the Mavericks behind all of this, who usually don't get nearly enough for their work, but they just like the challenge. I think they are not the best businessmen, but they are part of a greater community.

Linux in it's many flavors, Free BSD, ReactOS are a few. There will be more going forward and almost certainly the most hardcore programmer or hacker will be using them for a variety of reasons. For the average citizen though, Windows is it.

Host Process for Windows

Fuck it... I'm gone.
Well as long as you never hook up the linux to any peripherals you might be OK but do not expect printer support or to be able to run photoshop. Your problem is you put linux on the windows system and are choosing to blame microsoft for the virus that you installed knowingly

Host Process for Windows

Fuck it... I'm gone.
Well as long as you never hook up the linux to any peripherals you might be OK but do not expect printer support or to be able to run photoshop. Your problem is you put linux on the windows system and are choosing to blame microsoft for the virus that you installed knowingly
Congratz on your Photoshop expertise.

Host Process for Windows

Fuck it... I'm gone.
Actually i had a photo published once long ago

Host Process for Windows

Fuck it... I'm gone.
Oh yeah... I did artwork that was used on a album cover by John Mellencamp.

Host Process for Windows

Fuck it... I'm gone.
Oh yeah... I did artwork that was used on a album cover by John Mellencamp.
And I had a photo of my first two german shorthaired pointers in a dog calendar

Really

Forum List

Back