Does it make sense to register your guns with a government you might have to defend yourself against

• Oh Yeah, absolutely

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well hell, how long have we been registering cars for the public roads? There's always some gun fetishist posting in his underwear on this site screaming about how many traffic fatalities versus gun murders ---- even though no car is intentionally designed for it and those are all accidents....

Have it both ways much?
Well what about alcohol. We don't need it like we do cars, and yet it is killing all kinds of people, including kids. So why aren't we doing something about that?

AMENDMENT 11 of the Bill of Rights:
A well regulated car, being necessary to the security of a productive State, the right of the people to keep and bear vehicles, shall not be infringed.
Great comparison! Registering cars is unconstitutional! Its in the bill of rights too!
AMENDMENT 1-A of the Bill of Rights
The right of free speech being necessary to the security of the political process, the right to a TWITTER account shall not be infringed.

Well what about alcohol. We don't need it like we do cars, and yet it is killing all kinds of people, including kids. So why aren't we doing something about that?

We did, 18th amendment. Then we took it back 21st amendment.

This is what you (Lying, cheating, fucktarded Dimz) voted for.

May it soon, bite you in the ass.
You're a liar.

There will be neither bans nor confiscation.
Liberal Defense Mechanisim.JPG

YOU are a fool and a dupe... pull your head out as we know exactly where this is going...

Well hell, how long have we been registering cars for the public roads? There's always some gun fetishist posting in his underwear on this site screaming about how many traffic fatalities versus gun murders ---- even though no car is intentionally designed for it and those are all accidents....

Have it both ways much?
A well regulated car, being necessary to the security of a productive State, the right of the people to keep and bear vehicles, shall not be infringed.
Great comparison! Registering cars is unconstitutional! Its in the bill of rights too!

That's pretty funny Harley.

I like how it brings to the forefront the term "well-regulated". I hadn't even thought of that but there it is.

Have it both ways much?

I like how it brings to the forefront the term "well-regulated". I hadn't even thought of that but there it is.
Moron... The term "well regulated" in the terms of the day, was that the public could own and operate anything the military could because they were the military. this also means the ammunitions' to operate them are also included in the "Shall not be infringed" Your twisting of the meaning is noted...

We did, 18th amendment. Then we took it back 21st amendment.

Plus, we already (still) do something about it --- age restrictions, drunk driving laws and "designated drivers", advertising laws --- and Prohibition still exists in some counties, just not on a federal level. The county I live in was "dry" when I moved here.

But on the more basic level the Briss comparison is invalid, as alcohol is not a product intentionally designed to kill.

This likely isn't getting out of committee.

The gun controllers have largely lost the battle.

Since the pandemic, the riots, food shortages and the rise in violence in the urban areas...more and more on the left are embracing gun culture.

There are few guns on the shelves not because of people like me...I think the prices are ridiculous...but due to an influx of new buyers.

And like many of us...once a right is embraced, it is unbelievable difficult to wrest it away.

So...don't let your guard down...but also attempt to embrace these new gun owners and welcome them to the fight to retain our firearm rights regardless of their politics.

Have it both ways much?

well regulated in that time meant that all weapons were working properly and you had everything you needed for them to work. Such as ammunition.
I know in your statist mind you want it to mean something else, though... ;)

Great idea --- ban and confiscate all guns, and also defund the police.

Well, I guess it would work for drastic overpopulation control.

Heller v DC seems to have completely ignored the first part containing "well regulated", pretending it had nothing to do with the second part. Everybody quotes "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

It will never pass there is no 2/3rds majority.

It will never pass, it's unconstitutional and un American, but Xi and Biden approve

It will pass. The only question is how long will it take. My guess is very fast. The CACA admin needs to disarm the people as fast as they can so that they can finish the subjugation of the electorate.

Have it both ways much?

Moron... The term "well regulated" in the terms of the day, was that the public could own and operate anything the military could because they were the military. this also means the ammunitions' to operate them are also included in the "Shall not be infringed" Your twisting of the meaning is noted...

Actually I made no judgment at all, let alone "twisting". I just noted that the phrase is sitting right there.

Is it NOT sitting right there? Shall we deny that too, long as we're creating our own Reality like so much Play-Doh?

OK then.

As for this phrase:
" the public could own and operate anything the military could because they were the military"​

Whelp, that's sitting there too, and I'm doing the same thing. Pointing it out. I'm just gonna let it sit there too. Who needs a post hole digger when you have a hole that digs itself.

:dig:

Forum List

Back