That 90s show... premiering next week.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
... and I am not expecting much.
Kurtwood Smith, who plays Red Foreman, is soon to turn 80 years old.
And he looks it. It is difficult to just reboot his character and be the same intimidating guy that he was 30 years ago. I don't think that is going to work well.
Secondly, all of the original cast is not in the show folks. Articles about the show keep saying that, but they will only pepper in a few cameo scenes. It is a completely new cast with the exception of Red and Kitty.

I am expecting full on wokeness. Hopefully not, but I just can't believe that the shows producers will be able to stop themselves. The main character is a young teen girl. I pretty much guarantee they will go down the road of sexism and toxic masculinity etc.
And when they do... the show will be over before it even begins.

... and I am not expecting much.
Kurtwood Smith, who plays Red Foreman, is soon to turn 80 years old.
And he looks it. It is difficult to just reboot his character and be the same intimidating guy that he was 30 years ago. I don't think that is going to work well.
Secondly, all of the original cast is not in the show folks. Articles about the show keep saying that, but they will only pepper in a few cameo scenes. It is a completely new cast with the exception of Red and Kitty.

I am expecting full on wokeness. Hopefully not, but I just can't believe that the shows producers will be able to stop themselves. The main character is a young teen girl. I pretty much guarantee they will go down the road of sexism and toxic masculinity etc.
And when they do... the show will be over before it even begins.
It is on Netflix, so who knows if they cancel it or keep it but they have to understand the X crowd we’re the 90’s and messing with what happened back then while telling an alternative history will not bode well with the show.

I am still pissed they canceled the Warrior Nun and Vikings Valhalla is a damn joke…

So who know with Netflix!

Yeah that was just awful.
Terrible "reboot" of That 70s show that ends up like a parody of That 70s show.
A skit on SNL making fun it.

I just watched the first episode.
It wasn't so bad.

I only watched a few episodes of That 70's Show though. It really wasn't anything I liked. I only watched it when nothing else was on.

But this first episode was pretty fun. Apparently everybody from the original show is going to make appearances in this new show. After that.......I'm sure it will flub. Aside from the originals making appearances, the storyline seems to be the same.......so I'm sure people will get bored pretty fast after the first season.

New Topics

Forum List

Back