Thanksgiving

8 people and 4 pies, 9 loaves of bread, 20# turkey and 5# of Mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, candied carrots, sweet potato casserole, dressing and gravy....

Nope....I don't see fish being on the menu for a while.

8 people and 4 pies, 9 loaves of bread, 20# turkey and 5# of Mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, candied carrots, sweet potato casserole, dressing and gravy....

Nope....I don't see fish being on the menu for a while.
That one heaping plate full. Lol

That one heaping plate full. Lol
It's a Thanksgiving feast....we eat too much by tradition and make ourselves sick with the leftovers through the college football games.
I'm gonna try to watch Vols vs Vandy.
Might take a peek at the Iron Bowl though.

The Wife and I are doing a brined turkey that I'm just getting ready to spatchcock.
We've never tried this method but from what I'm reading it's way better than cooking the bird as it comes.
You get a nice crispy skin,even cooking and a drastically reduced amount of time.
You can cook the whole bird in 45 minutes,the recommended oven temp is 450 degrees which makes me a bit nervous.
They say it also leads to a moist turkey.
Also doing all the sides you'd normally see.
For dessert it's blueberry pie and a rhubarb/strawberry pie from the House of Pies.

Is anyone eating fish Thanksgiving night?
Nope. Two Turkeys, PJ's Cornbread Dressing & Giblet Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Peas, Green Beans, Corn, Deviled Eggs. Rolls, Cranberry Sauce (jelled), Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Pie, plus whatever the other two women of the family bring, and an after dinner wine (Muscadine), I think.

Last edited:
Nope. Two Turkeys, PJ's Cornbread Dressing & Giblet Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Peas, Green Beans, Corn, Deviled Eggs. Rolls, Cranberry Sauce (jelled), Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Pie, plus whatever the other two women of the family bring, and an after dinner wine (Muscadine, I think.
That Muscadine sounds good

It is. A little sweet, but good for an after dinner wine.
It depends on who made the wine....it can be sweet to off dry...and watch out for some....it's stronger than sherry or port. More like a liqueur than a wine.

I remember some grandpa made.....*sigh*

It depends on who made the wine....it can be sweet to off dry...and watch out for some....it's stronger than sherry or port. More like a liqueur than a wine.

I remember some grandpa made.....*sigh*
Most I have had are on the sweet side, but a good one, will make you pucker and have that great muscadine aroma. Too sweet for a table wine, but great for afterwards, while your food settles.

Panda Express for Thanksgiving? No thanks.
No. It's a little Chinese place down the street. I got into Chinese on holidays when I lived in Los Angeles and every other place was closed. Those Chinese restaurants were packed. There was even a wait for take out. Now it's my tradition.

No. It's a little Chinese place down the street. I got into Chinese on holidays when I lived in Los Angeles and every other place was closed. Those Chinese restaurants were packed. There was even a wait for take out. Now it's my tradition.
Alright, im not hating on that then, though you should get yourself someturkey, potatoes, stuffing and gravy. Its SOOOOOOooooo good.

Like I posted before... Happy Thanksgiving!

no fish today I eat plenty during the whole year he-he.... chicken or turkey this time

1669259512722.png

Forum List

Back