Thanks Again GOP: Gordon Brown admits Iraq War was not "justified" Dubya Lied!

Baz Ares

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2017
Gordon Brown admits Iraq War was not "justified"
Gordon Brown admits the war with Iraq was "not justified" and claims the US "misled" the UK over Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction.

The former prime minister, who was chancellor when the decision to go to war in 2003 was made, has revealed top-secret US intelligence casting serious doubt over the dictator's destructive capabilities was not shared with Britain.

He claimed only after leaving office did he become aware of "crucial" papers held by the US Department of Defence and believes the course of history could have been different had the information been shared.

Mr Brown said: "When I consider the rush to war in
March,
2003 - especially in light of what we now know about the absence of weapons of mass destruction - I ask myself over and over whether I could have made more of a difference before that fateful decision was taken.

"We now know from classified American documents, that in the first days of September 2002 a report prepared by the US Joint Chiefs of Staff's director for intelligence landed on the desk of the US defense secretary, Donald Rumsfeld.

"Commissioned by Rumsfeld to identify gaps in the US intelligence picture, it is now clear how forcibly this report challenged the official view.

"If I am right that somewhere within the American system the truth about Iraq's lack of weapons was known, then we were not just misinformed but misled on the critical issue of WMDs.

Dang! You don't SAY! Anyone...Else?

Tony Blair ‘duped’ by the US into backing Iraq war – Gordon Brown
Chilcot: Tony Blair was not 'straight with the nation' over Iraq war

:rolleyes-41: OOPS! Mission Accomplished to feed the American Military Industrial Complex.
AKA: GOP Welfare Programs. Makes the US fighter feel that America Patriotic
Feelings all over. You were used, It was LIES! Over 2 million Long Term Takers on
Gobmint Dimes. Iraq War is about war crimes. Done by Over Paid US Contract workers,
real true criminals, and the American armed forces. Over Money to which area of the American Military Industrial Complex.

btw. Thanks, Again, you want more wars. The Great Douche is trying!
635730056916765487-2015.07.20.trumponmccain-v2.jpg

Last edited:
Gordon Brown admits the war with Iraq was "not justified" and claims the US "misled" the UK over Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction.

The former prime minister, who was chancellor when the decision to go to war in 2003 was made, has revealed top-secret US intelligence casting serious doubt over the dictator's destructive capabilities was not shared with Britain.

He claimed only after leaving office did he become aware of "crucial" papers held by the US Department of Defence and believes the course of history could have been different had the information been shared.

March,
2003 - especially in light of what we now know about the absence of weapons of mass destruction - I ask myself over and over whether I could have made more of a difference before that fateful decision was taken.

"We now know from classified American documents, that in the first days of September 2002 a report prepared by the US Joint Chiefs of Staff's director for intelligence landed on the desk of the US defense secretary, Donald Rumsfeld.

"Commissioned by Rumsfeld to identify gaps in the US intelligence picture, it is now clear how forcibly this report challenged the official view.

"If I am right that somewhere within the American system the truth about Iraq's lack of weapons was known, then we were not just misinformed but misled on the critical issue of WMDs.

:rolleyes-41: OOPS! Mission Accomplished to feed the American Military Industrial Complex.
Feelings all over. You were used, It was LIES! Over 2 million Long Term Takers on
Gobmint Dimes. Iraq War is about war crimes. Done by Over Paid US Contract workers,
real true criminals, and the American armed forces. Over Money to which area of the American Military Industrial Complex.

btw. Thanks, Again, you want to more wars. The Great Douche is trying!

Well, most of the Labour Party was against the Iraq War. Blair was more right wing than most in the party.

March,

btw. Thanks, Again, you want to more wars. The Great Douche is trying!

The bogus intelligence Collin Powell relied on came via Dick Cheney's office and originated with the Mossad. The overwhelming consensus of the US intelligence community was that the intelligence was unreliable, but this view was squelched by Cheney's office and allies in the White House. These were Richard Perle, Doug Feith, Eliot Cohen, Paul Wolfowitz, with allies in the press, like Thomas "Cakewalk" Friedman of the New York Times.

In other words, Jews. Jews, not the GOP, you imbecile. Jews. Say it: J-E-W-S are the reason we disastrously invaded Iraq. We didn't do it for Lockheed-Martin, you dumb shit. We did it for AIPAC and ISRAEL and the JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS.

Grow a spine. See the truth. Say the truth. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Well, most of the Labour Party was against the Iraq War. Blair was more right wing than most in the party.
Brown is covering his arse with the fig leaf of faulty intelligence, nothing more. He knew facts were being created to fit policy, his own official told him so in the Downing Street Memorandum.

Last edited:
Brown is covering his arse with the fig leaf of faulty intelligence, nothing more. He knew facts were being created to fit policy, his own official told him so in the Downing Street Memorandum.

And yet he wasn't the number one person. He was working in a government and sometimes you have to follow the boss' lead no matter how much you don't like it. Brown didn't make this decision and I doubt he would have made that decision had he been PM at the time.

No illegal invasion can be 'justified', and, yes, those who collaborated in voting for it are also guilty of war crimes.

He was working in a government and sometimes you have to follow the boss' lead no matter how much you don't like it.
And sometimes one has to act as a person with integrity and refrain from being an accomplice in a crime against peace; as opposed to going with the flow for political advantage then draping one's posterior with fig leaves after the fact.

After all, some Brit politicians resigned rather than go with that shit. Not Brown.

Last edited:
He was working in a government and sometimes you have to follow the boss' lead no matter how much you don't like it.
And sometimes one has to act as a person with integrity and refrain from being an accomplice in a crime against peace; rather than going with the flow for political advantage then draping one's posterior with fig leaves after the fact.

After all, some Brit politicians resigned rather than go with that shit. Not Brown.

Sure... but then sometimes people have conflicting views on things. Had Brown quit, then what? The war would still have happened and yet his own career would have been diminished.

March,

btw. Thanks, Again, you want more wars. The Great Douche is trying!

We haven't had a justifiable war since WWII

Brown should have verified(.) Perhaps further review by the UK would have changed minds in the US. Cheney pushed for war and he was the "foreign policy expert." Democrats helped authorize the "mission". Lots of blame to share, Brown should accept his share as should Blair.

Sure... but then sometimes people have conflicting views on things. Had Brown quit, then what? The war would still have happened and yet his own career would have been diminished.
And he would not have been a party to a crime against peace and he would not desperately have to hang fig leaves to cover his arse. As it is, his reputation, his integrity and his career is diminished.

To begin with, numerous foreign intelligence agencies also believed that Saddam Hussein had an active WMD program. The "intelligence agencies of Germany, Israel, Russia, Britain, China and France" all believed Saddam had WMDs.
Bullshit. The Downing Street Memorandum makes it clear.

It went largely unremarked in the U.S. press at first, but was heavily covered in progressive blogs such as those on Daily Kos, because of a remark attributed to Richard Dearlove (then MI6 head) that "the intelligence and facts were being fixed [by the U.S.] around the policy" of removing Saddam Hussein from power, which was interpreted to show that US intelligence on Iraq prior to the war was deliberately falsified, rather than simply mistaken.[5]
Downing Street memo - Wikipedia

A copy of the memo was obtained by British journalist Michael Smith and published in The Sunday Times in May 2005, on the eve of British elections. Smith stated that the memo was equivalent to the Pentagon Papers which exposed American intentions in the Vietnam War and alleged the American media did not report more about it due to a perceived bias towards support for the war.[3] Though its authenticity has never been seriously challenged, the British and American governments have stated that the contents do not accurately reflect their official policy positions at the time.

Human arrogance. It affects all of us.

And he would not have been a party to a crime against peace and he would not desperately have to hang fig leaves to cover his arse. As it is, his reputation, his integrity and his career is diminished.

No, not really. I don't think anyone blames him for this at all. His diminished reputation happened while he was PM, basically because he caved into the Tories.

Forum List

Back