Thank you Tiger Woods, Tom Brady, Michael Jordan and Roger Federer.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
There are certainly others but these four top figures in their respective sports did not use their names to publicly bash Trump, Biden or their supporters. If only other athletes, top entertainers, actors and our so-called "Media" could exhibit that kind of honorable restraint. We would be in a much better place if Singers would sing, Actors would Act, Dancers would dance and Athletes would play and stay out of politics.

There are certainly others but these four top figures in their respective sports did not use their names to publicly bash Trump, Biden or their supporters. If only other athletes, top entertainers, actors and our so-called "Media" could exhibit that kind of honorable restraint. We would be in a much better place if Singers would sing, Actors would Act, Dancers would dance and Athletes would play and stay out of politics.
Jordan doesn’t do politics because it ain’t good for business. I dont have a problem if Katie Perry And Taylor swift are pro choice And if they feel republicans are trying to take their right to choose away, I’m ok with them speaking out and let all their followers know. They should know so when they turn 18 they register to vote.

understand the concept but when you have to thank millionaire sports celebrities, who live in the greatest Country in the world, for not insulting the President of the United States we are in pretty bad shape.
We aren't just in pretty bad shape, we are in terrible shape. And it isn't just insulting whoever the President is, it is extending that to that President's supporters. They use the influence they have achieved to pound the bully pulpit.

Jordan doesn’t do politics because it ain’t good for business. I dont have a problem if Katie Perry And Taylor swift are pro choice And if they feel republicans are trying to take their right to choose away, I’m ok with them speaking out and let all their followers know. They should know so when they turn 18 they register to vote.
Jordan has a NASCAR team and doesn't want to ruffle redneck feathers.

MJ does some politics but it has been more in the open recently. He was dogged for years for just an off-the-cuff joke that republicans buy sneakers too on why he didn't endorse Jessie Helm's challenger back in the UNC-CH days.

Jordan doesn’t do politics because it ain’t good for business.
Jordan wouldnt even endorse Harvey Gant, a black man in North Carolina, over racist POS Jesse Helms, because he famously said “Republicans buy sneakers, too”. It’s always business first with MJ.

I’m ok with them speaking out and let all their followers know.
That's because you agree with their position. The point is, when you have a big name you are able to use it to push your particular political position which is wrong.
Like trump did?
He was POTUS. Just a little different, of course.
He wasn’t potus when he was leader of the birthers, now was he?

MJ does some politics but it has been more in the open recently. He was dogged for years for just an off-the-cuff joke that republicans buy sneakers too on why he didn't endorse Jessie Helm's challenger back in the UNC-CH days.
Beat me to it.

Yes and MJ has also committed 100 million to Black Lives Matter, but that has been largely done without the muster and bluster of, say, Lebron James who has been all over The Media and Twitter with his Trump hate and vitriolic statements.

understand the concept but when you have to thank millionaire sports celebrities, who live in the greatest Country in the world, for not insulting the President of the United States we are in pretty bad shape.
We aren't just in pretty bad shape, we are in terrible shape. And it isn't just insulting whoever the President is, it is extending that to that President's supporters. They use the influence they have achieved to pound the bully pulpit.
Indeed,it is indeed a dangerous world to live in when the elderly and children are attacked by adults just for being a trump supporter.that never happened with Obama and bush so thst is proof right there the donald was steeping on some powerful toes in Washington.

I’m ok with them speaking out and let all their followers know.
That's because you agree with their position. The point is, when you have a big name you are able to use it to push your particular political position which is wrong.
Like trump did?
He was POTUS. Just a little different, of course.
He wasn’t potus when he was leader of the birthers, now was he?
Nope, he was just a talking head on TV. Got his career launched, didn't it?

I have been the biggest Federer fan since he started
He was the best ever

Forum List

Back