Thank you, Governor De Santis, for your hurricane press conference

That's how ugly I think this orange stain is.

Maybe if you try Nacto, you might be able to save your favorite dress. :lmao:

1c6609a.jpg

The bar has been lowered so much that “acting like an adult” from our political leaders looks like a huge improvement over what we have seen. Sad but true.

I think DeSantis would be way better than Trump.

The bar has been lowered so much that “acting like an adult” looks like a huge improvement over what we have seen. Sad but true.

I think DeSantis would be way better than Trump.
He might be less embarrassing. But I think he's more dangerous.

Reaching at any excuse for a silver lining: I caught some of this morning's hurricane briefing with Florida Governor De Santis. What I saw during that time:
  • He didn't go off on childish tangents about how wonderful and effective he is
  • He didn't pollute his comments with ridiculous hyperbole and insulting grandiosity
  • He didn't restrict his comments to only terms that would animate his political base
  • He thanked a wide variety of states for their assistance without regard to their politics
  • He didn't pat himself on the back for any and every positive thing that has taken place
  • He spoke very well extemporaneously, using adult words and clear sentence structure
  • He focused on informing and not on entertaining or persuading or selling
  • He gave no indication that he was trying to bullshit anyone or downplay the situation
  • He appeared stable and in control given the terrible circumstances his state faces
  • He clearly understood the gravity of the situation and behaved accordingly
  • He gave the impression of an intelligent and serious adult who sees the big picture.
In short, I was left with the impression that, when things really matter, he is capable of rising to the occasion, eschewing standard partisan trolling, and displaying adult leadership qualities. If we find him in a higher position at some point, my confidence has increased that he'll be able to maintain those qualities.

What a relief that was, and such a refreshing change from his party's standard bearer.

DeSantis is definitely the improved version of Donald Trump. He is a fighter who will stand up for the citizens he represents but he is not an obnoxious New Yorker like Trump.

DeSantis is definitely the improved version of Donald Trump. He is a fighter who will stand up for the citizens he represents but he is not an obnoxious New Yorker like Trump.
It would be nice if he didn't fight with citizens that he doesn't represent, but I'm not expecting miracles at this point.

Everything has to be a "fight". Party over country and all.

It would be nice if he didn't fight with citizens that he doesn't represent, but I'm not expecting miracles at this point.

That will keep happening as long as we keep electing them.

.... even though I have disagreements with the Dems on pretty much every issue.

That's how ugly I think this orange stain is. That's how low I had to go.

And, of course, there are many like me across the political spectrum, including many solid lifelong conservatives.

So you rubes can bitch and moan about me all you'd like. I'm sure as hell not alone. I'm just honest. Too bad.

You did it willingly, even after you knew Biden was a pedophile. And you're here supporting the regime everyday.

Not fighting with citizens they don’t represent is characteristic of the old worn out GOP. They don’t represent democrats and thy don’t fight democrats for the repulblicans who voted them in.

They pretend to be the nice guys in white hats. They don’t fight for anybody.They just make nice noises. Often they run RINOs like McCain and Romney for President. Most republicans are sick and tired of the old, worn out Bush Party.

From what I can see from here, Gov DeSantis is providing good leadership in a crisis

Florida seems well prepared and is getting vital information out to the people

The usually do not come from another state, hire foreign immigrant head hunters, to round up fellow immigrants in Texas for a political stunt, shipping them to a resort for a Florida political photo Op, using immigrant men, women and children found in Texas as props for their stunt, dumping them at a Massachusetts resort community with no notice to local or state officials to be prepared to provide food, water and housing on a resort island.
I got to say the locals and State of Massachusetts did a great job, quickly arrange facilities at a National Guard training base. I have seen NG bases turned into emergency refugee centers on the spur of the moment, before, providing temporary shelter, food, medical assistance, as well as 3 hots and a cot. Guard bases have contingency plans and have the ability to respond quickly and efficiently. Good job, Massachusetts and the Massachusetts National Guard!:TH_WAY~113:
So, the people of Marthas Vineyard will graciously accept thousands of low-income housing built on their Island with tens of thousands of inner-city citizens sent to live there. It's been long enough. Man decades. It's time for rich white Prog to put up or shut up.

Like him or not you have to admit that Governor DeSantis is doing a hell of a job. He has his emergency responders mobilized and he is articulate and informative. What did Biden have to say?

DeSantis has done well the first day
No petty politics, no blame game.

Now comes the recovery

He might be less embarrassing. But I think he's more dangerous.
I used to think the same way about Mike Pence. I figured that Pence would be far more effective at passing legislation if Trump were removed from office for whatever reason. It was therefore better to have Trump in office than Pence.

Trump completely changed that line of reasoning for me.

From what I can see from here, Gov DeSantis is providing good leadership in a crisis

Florida seems well prepared and is getting vital information out to the people
Being a Governor of a state when a major hurricane strikes is a good leadership test. I hope DeSantis does well and I have confidence in him.

Being a Governor of a state when a major hurricane strikes is a good leadership test. I hope DeSantis does well and I have confidence in him.

I saw Gov Christie in NJ during Hurricane Sandy
He worked Bipartisanly with the NJ Legislature and President Obama

Let’s see if DeSantis can keep politics out of it

Let’s see if Trump will let him

I feel the more Trump attacks DeSantis the more Trump’s supporters will turn on him.

But Trump will probably attack because like most New Yorkers he is obnoxious at the best.

New Topics

Forum List

Back