Thank God for Godvernment Benevolence

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
The Time the U.S. Government Banned Sliced Bread

Empty Suits can be a source of inspiration for..... Empty Suit brigades across the Country.

The rule was so disliked that nobody in the government apparently wanted to confess to having the idea. The ban was ordered by Food Administrator Claude R. Wickard, but the office of Price Administration blamed the idea on the agricultural department, which blamed the baking industry.

So typical of Empty Suits ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I can remember my grandmother telling me that during WWII margarine had to be white and came with a little capsule of yellow food coloring so people wouldn't confuse it with real butter.

What's so difficult about slicing bread? I haven't bought a loaf of sliced bread in years?

ClassicDblSerrtdBreadKnifeSHF16.jpg

The Time the U.S. Government Banned Sliced Bread

Empty Suits can be a source of inspiration for..... Empty Suit brigades across the Country.

The rule was so disliked that nobody in the government apparently wanted to confess to having the idea. The ban was ordered by Food Administrator Claude R. Wickard, but the office of Price Administration blamed the idea on the agricultural department, which blamed the baking industry.

So typical of Empty Suits ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this reminds me of a story,,,

• Banned
I'd love to have been present when that speech was delivered.

Forum List

Back