Thank a Cop

The news media is smearing the good men and women of our local police departments. Do the police get a bad rap in light of events like the Brown incident? When is the last time you told a cop "thank you."

Last time I saw my niece's husband, who is a cop.

I know cops do the hard work we don't want to do every day, and it's usually you wingnuts who complain they still have good paychecks and good pensions.

But if this cop in Furgeson, MO shot a guy in the back after he gave up, he needs to go to jail for it.

Last report was he was charging the Police Officer. Best we wait for final reports.

Of course...they wanted to use their cool TOYS!

Our police need more military equipment and be allowed to use it. Clean up the rotten cesspools of crime and gang activity. A president with some backbone would declare a state if emergency and allow police forces to eradicate bloods, crips, gangsta disciples, ms 13 and other terrorist organizations once and for all.

Dude, time to go to bed. Yer starting to hallucinate.

WTF?? Doing the police work is the BEST way to go home at night. Knowing who was in the house and where they are is in the police officer's best interest.

You are an idiot if you think dirty cops or bad cops deserve praise. You are naive if you think there are no dirty cops or bad cops.
Not when they are in a war zone. Do have a fucking clue what our police go through every night on the streets?

A few dirty, yes. The vast majority, no. And there are also "dirty" town clerks, code enforcement officers, physicians, electric company employees, attorneys................

But most of those do not carry machine guns, nor do they have the power to cave in your skull because you looked at them funny, and get "punished" with a couple weeks of paid vacation.

Of course...they wanted to use their cool TOYS!

Our police need more military equipment and be allowed to use it. Clean up the rotten cesspools of crime and gang activity. A president with some backbone would declare a state if emergency and allow police forces to eradicate bloods, crips, gangsta disciples, ms 13 and other terrorist organizations once and for all.

Then why are tiny towns like where I live getting this equipment?

Thank them for what?

Where I come from, they get paid very nicely, so if anyone should be thanking anyone, it should be them thanking me and all the rest of us rather generous taxpayers.

How many careers do you put your life on the line each day you go to work?

I do...in fact, I am more likely to die on the job than a cop!

I spent a number of years as a lineman. More of us die on duty than cops. Road workers do as well.

The get a bad rap when they show up like a military posse with no training on their Pentagon toys. They get a bad rap when they started pointing guns at protesters while allowing the rioters to destroy the place. They get a bad rap when they hurl flash bangs at reporters. So fuck the Ferguson police.

I read a report that these cops had a warrant to enter a home without warning and the cops threw a flash bang whatever into the crib of an infant, putting the child in the hospital.
Baby in Coma After Police ?Grenade? Dropped in Crib During Drug Raid - ABC News

The policeman said they did not know kids were in the house, like it is somehow rare to find kids living at home.

That's why it is best to find out as much information about a home before you just throw around flash bang grenades. That's common sense.

Man the cop haters are rampant in this thread lol.

When is the last time you told a cop "thank you."

The last time one of them ever did anything that helped me. Can you guess how many times that has been?

WTF?? Doing the police work is the BEST way to go home at night. Knowing who was in the house and where they are is in the police officer's best interest.

You are an idiot if you think dirty cops or bad cops deserve praise. You are naive if you think there are no dirty cops or bad cops.
Not when they are in a war zone. Do have a fucking clue what our police go through every night on the streets?

When they are planning to raid a home, it is in THEIR best interest to know all they can about the house, who is inside, and where. If you claim that is not true, you are an idiot.

In the case referred to (with the flash grenade being thrown in the crib) the police DID NOT take the time to find out what they needed to know.

And how about this fine example of Protect & Serve:

That Hillsborough police officer dumps a quadriplegic out of his wheelchair and onto the floor. Want to defend that action too? Tell me how brave she is??

Did you sleep in peace last night? Was your home and community protected from crime? Selfish prick, but cops understand this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man the cop haters are rampant in this thread lol.

When is the last time you told a cop "thank you."

The last time one of them ever did anything that helped me. Can you guess how many times that has been?

They protect our cities and communities.

Funny. All the police haters on this thread would not wear a badge because they have no civic sense of duty or have the backbone to do it.

The news media is smearing the good men and women of our local police departments. Do the police get a bad rap in light of events like the Brown incident? When is the last time you told a cop "thank you."

Last time I saw my niece's husband, who is a cop.

I know cops do the hard work we don't want to do every day, and it's usually you wingnuts who complain they still have good paychecks and good pensions.

But if this cop in Furgeson, MO shot a guy in the back after he gave up, he needs to go to jail for it.

Not shot in back Joe.

8 straight days of police being shot at and having Molotov cocktails thrown at them. Time to use deadly force.

Most the cops I worked with didn't expect anyone to say "thank you" much. Fact is...95% of Americans live in such a damn bubble of illusion that its just silly. Most people have NO F**KING CLUE what goes on around them.

They are so self-absorbed, so self-important, that they think if THEY didn't hear about it on Facebook, then it didn't happen. Cops cant help people or do good stuff...because THEY didn't hear about it on THEIR Facebook. They are very important people, so THEY would know about it if it happened.

And most cops know this. They know that people just have no clue, and no way of knowing what really goes on in their cities and towns. If people did know, they'd be shocked and horrified, and sad and depressed. They'd lose faith in humanity.

But they don't know. They live in a bubble where most of what they know is limited to what they see on their Facebook page, their phone, their TV. And they don't really have anything that truly threatens them.

They get to live in that bubble of safety and ignorance....because of the men and women who are willing to fight in the military and go patrol in police departments. And the fact that our citizens can go about their day without thinking they SHOULD thank a cop.....means the cops are doing a damn good job most days.

When they are planning to raid a home, it is in THEIR best interest to know all they can about the house, who is inside, and where. If you claim that is not true, you are an idiot.

In the case referred to (with the flash grenade being thrown in the crib) the police DID NOT take the time to find out what they needed to know.

And how about this fine example of Protect & Serve:

That Hillsborough police officer dumps a quadriplegic out of his wheelchair and onto the floor. Want to defend that action too? Tell me how brave she is??

Did you sleep in peace last night? Was your home and community protected from crime? Selfish prick, but cops understand this.

Look numbnuts, I am not saying all cops are bad. But your continued claims that every single cop is a hero is pure nonsense.

Yesp, cops understand that most people never think about them until something goes wrong. I have some very close friends who are, or were, cops. They didn't do it for the thanks or whatever.

But the fact that you can ignore that video of a quadriplegic being dumped in the floor speaks volumes.

Last edited by a moderator:
No good deed goes unpunished right?

I was at a turn left only light and number 1 in line. Across the intersection is a 'bike cop' who is going opposite direction. As I turn left on my Road King, I look over at the cop and 'nod' my head in a 'respectful' manner.

Seconds later I hear the air horn. Yep, he's pulling me over. Cited me for a non D.O.T. helmet.

What a guy

-Geaux

But you did not attack him though right?

And the cop didn't beat him down either. Congrats, you are catching on. Most cops are good people doing a tough job. They deserve thanks for what they do.

But there ARE exceptions. There ARE bad cops. There ARE dirty cops. They deserve to be in prison or in a grave.

Forum List

Back