Texas Wind Power is Failing

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
A “phenomenon”. Here’s another: wind rarely blows when it’s cold, either.

Can’t build nuclear power plants- too reliable. Can’t destroy a civilization that way.

A scorching heat wave is pushing the Texas grid to the brink. Power demand is surging as people crank up air conditioners. But meanwhile, wind speeds have fallen to extremely low levels, and that means the state’s fleet of turbines is at just 8% of their potential output. […]

Depressed wind power during heat waves isn’t a new phenomenon. Powerful high-pressure systems that cause intense heat often squelch wind production — just when more power is needed to meet higher electricity demand. The mass of air overhead stifles wind near the surface, until the mass moves elsewhere.

Can’t build nuclear power plants- too reliable. Can’t destroy a civilization that way.

A scorching heat wave is pushing the Texas grid to the brink. Power demand is surging as people crank up air conditioners. But meanwhile, wind speeds have fallen to extremely low levels, and that means the state’s fleet of turbines is at just 8% of their potential output. […]

Depressed wind power during heat waves isn’t a new phenomenon. Powerful high-pressure systems that cause intense heat often squelch wind production — just when more power is needed to meet higher electricity demand. The mass of air overhead stifles wind near the surface, until the mass moves elsewhere.

But, look at all the solar that can be had....oh wait. It's completely inefficient, unsustainably expensive, and robs space.

DAMMIT!!!

It's like they WANT us to fail....

I keep saying if you want to be energy independent install wind turbines and hot air collectors in the Capital Building. It will generate enough energy in one session to power us for at least a decade........ Add them in all State legislatures and all news rooms and no one anywhere in the universe will ever be without power.

So, who forced Texas to rely on wind power? Isn't Texas a gas state? I can understand if this was Washington State or even NY but Texas?

Texas has problems in Winter and now also in Summer? Is there anything Republicans touch that does not turn to shit? LOL

Don't worry the Democrats will fix it all. :spinner:

So, who forced Texas to rely on wind power? Isn't Texas a gas state? I can understand if this was Washington State or even NY but Texas?

Texas has problems in Winter and now also in Summer? Is there anything Republicans touch that does not turn to shit? LOL
Texas got it's warning call but still reacted with too little and too late. That state creates their own climate change disasters.

Our only 'plight' is in having to deal with you vermin scum.
Not according to the reports. You idiots also seem to have issues both in winter and in summer.

So, yeah keep electing Repubs. We "vermin" will have a good time laughing at your plights.

Not according to the reports. You idiots also seem to have issues both in winter and in summer.

So, yeah keep electing Repubs. We "vermin" will have a good time laughing at your plights.
It's summer now liar, one of the hottest. No problems. I only recall one problem in winter two years ago so history proves you are a liar. But we already knew! A foreign national in country lying! Who knew? Thanks for admitting your vermin status!

Last edited:
1657644726666.png

Havent had any rolling blackouts here and it was 106 the other day.
The weather is getting back to normal with 95 degree temps.
We've had anywhere from 102 up to 107 and I don't see any relief around here for a while. I was working in the garden this morning weeding and watering and when I got through I was soaked!

We've had anywhere from 102 up to 107 and I don't see any relief around here for a while. I was working in the garden this morning weeding and watering and when I got through I was soaked!

Looking at the extended forecast we should be getting temps in the mid to upper 90's over the next 10 days.
Thats pretty common for summer.
I just hope August doesnt get to crazy.

They should have balanced the system with some extra coal or gas fueled plants that could be quickly brought online for heat waves and other events like this.

Liberals would have a shit fit if we did that.
During the hard freeze we still had the ability to generate more power but the FEDs wouldnt allow us to due to carbon out put.
I've lived in Texas for 57 years and never had a problem with blackouts.
The longest stretch was 3 days due to hurricane damage.

Forum List

Back