Texas semi fire, destroys TP

18-wheeler carrying toilet paper crashes and catches on fire in Dallas

From FOX6NOW.COM
A tractor-trailer loaded with toilet paper went up in flames on Interstate 20 early Wednesday morning, according to FOX4.
The driver of the 18-wheeler reportedly lost control around 4:30 a.m. and the truck ended up on its side on westbound I-20 near Interstate 45 in Dallas.
The driver and his dog were not hurt but the truck caught on fire. The trailer full of commercial toilet paper was fully engulfed in flames by the time firefighters arrived.

No more takin a shit at your Dallas Walmarts. Comercial TP goes up in flames.

What caused to driver to lose control? Does eliminating the HOS rules have anything to do with this?
Probably not...they have weird flyover highway exchange exits there...if you've never used them before they can be confusing for trucks.

I'm going with the driver fell asleep.

From FOX6NOW.COM
A tractor-trailer loaded with toilet paper went up in flames on Interstate 20 early Wednesday morning, according to FOX4.
The driver of the 18-wheeler reportedly lost control around 4:30 a.m. and the truck ended up on its side on westbound I-20 near Interstate 45 in Dallas.
The driver and his dog were not hurt but the truck caught on fire. The trailer full of commercial toilet paper was fully engulfed in flames by the time firefighters arrived.

What caused to driver to lose control? Does eliminating the HOS rules have anything to do with this?
Probably not...they have weird flyover highway exchange exits there...if you've never used them before they can be confusing for trucks.

You know, that is a very real possibility, especially in times like these where stores are constantly needing to be resupplied. I'm guessing he's been working some seriously long hours.

Oh! The humanity!

Hindenburg_disaster.jpg

From FOX6NOW.COM

Yep...Probably fell asleep...by but NOT due to hours-of-service...it was lack of available truck parking.

He had stopped at the TA in Rockwall, TX but it was full...so he pressed on looking for parking (they is parking on I-20 west of I-45 at enjoy 471).

"Police reported that the driver was looking for a rest stop to sleep after passing a Rockwall truck stop that was full."

On a brighter note my Mini Wally World had TP and facial tissue this morning......... Oh and the bread aisle was completely restocked however the rice and bean aisle was still empty. :thup:

I have been hoarding the rice and beans because I can not eat toilet paper... Well I can but it is better to eat rice and beans...
Fortunately, that toilet paper lost in the truck fire went to the great TP warehouse in the sky where it will know a better life than it could ever have here in Earth.

View attachment 318049

ITMT, I am OK here. I have my supply of regular, 2-ply, 4 ply, 4X4 ply, extra soft, extra absorbent, pine-scented, textured, and Pelosi.

View attachment 318054

Taunting us with pictures of Ft Knox will not help anyone !

Not saying this is "Fake News," but does anyone besides me think it strange this report is dated ... April 1st? ; )

Last edited:
The shock absorbers went out on his truck so he wedged a bunch of rolls of toilet paper in from his cargo to provide a cushion. Unfortunately, they all came loose making him lose control.

Forum List

Back